Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Report Austria 2008/2009

Poster: A snowHead
what are the best st anton webcams oh Austrian experts..?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CANV CANVINGTON,

I'm no expert but these are the ones that I will be staring at over the next couple of months!

http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/winter/ViewPage.asp?Site=STANTON2-WINTER&PageID=206&lang=201

http://www.lech-zuers.at/xxl/_lang/en/_season/at2/_area/585621/_subArea/585774/_inc/live-camera/index.html
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
More cams here: http://www.feratel.com/en/livecams-weather/austria/tirol/st-anton-am-arlberg.html?tx_webcam_pi1%5Bview%5D=6&tx_webcam_pi1%5Bview2%5D=6&tx_webcam_pi1%5Bcid%5D=5690
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thankyou kindly
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.bergfex.at/stanton-stchristoph/webcams/
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
going to Bad Hofgastein for New Year so hoping hoping for good snow, as would love it to be in the village as well as up high. St Anton last new year had good snow, though getting choppy and icy by the end of the week. Found skiing hard there so looking forward to trying new resort this year.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
purplegirl, have fun in Bad Hofgastein - don't forget to make a trip to the Alpentherme Spa too! Let me know if you want some info on the area. snowHead

Cheers
Kersh
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Kersh - any info on Bad Hofgastein would be most welcome - although we are in danger of corrupting this thread on Austrian snow reports I think !
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Going to Bad Gastein myself over Christmas week. I've been obsessively watching the webcams. They seem to have done well up high, but I'm sure it'll melt this week. Snow down to the village would be very nice, can you arrange that Kersh?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ami in berlin, i'm not sure I can make it snow in the village but i'll certainly post up here when it does. snowHead snowHead

Cheers
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Worth watching the webcams from Wednesday, Austria gets another snowfall this week.
Some non-glacier resorts are planning to open this week-end.
(Gasteiner Tal/Sportgastein, Golm, Kaltenbach/Hochzillertal, Obergurgl-Hochgurgl, Schruns/Hochjoch, or Turracher Höhe)
I'll keep my eyes on these resorts.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
lovely snow all over but sod all in kitzbuhel hope its there by xmas Sad Confused
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Andyframpton, Welcome to the snowHeads! Just wait a few days and then see Kitzbuhel. Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I maybe going to Austria this weekend to sort out a few things with my apartment .... and Sportgastein will be open!!! snowHead snowHead I'd better go a day early! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Andyframpton, welcome to snowHead Similar mounting "interest" in Mayrhofen - 8 weeks to go.....
snow conditions
Now, it is official. Obergurgl-Hochgurgl opens Friday with 80cm snow, 12 lifts, and 45km piste.

Local met office predicts 20-50 fresh snow for the week-end above 1200m.
ski holidays
It's snowing again. Settling down to about 1000m in Bad Gastein at the moment. snowHead
latest report
Yay! Webcams starting to look white! I've been holding my breath a bit this year, I think I got a bit spoilt last year with Schladming opening in October and everywhere else having significant white stuff from early November.

Looking like this might only be a smallish dose of snow, but it's a start!

D
snow conditions
kerekip wrote:
Now, it is official. Obergurgl-Hochgurgl opens Friday with 80cm snow, 12 lifts, and 45km piste.

Local met office predicts 20-50 fresh snow for the week-end above 1200m.

Is that as planned or ahead of schedule???
snow conditions
Obergurgl is up to 100cm (20cm fresh last night).
ski holidays
good news indeed
snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Andyframpton, I'm heading there myself! I'm hoping for the best!!
snow report
snowHead Looking at the webcams there is a bit today lets hope it keeps coming 'thick n fast' bit like my kids then!
ski holidays
Good to hear it! Going to check them daily now
latest report
Andyframpton, jimroger, I am watching Kitz too, and Zell am See for later.

Where do I find the webcams for Kitz - can't see them on our "live cams" post.

Keeping fingers crossed for us all.
ski holidays
Lorenzo, http://www.bergbahn-kitzbuehel.at/en/default.asp?Titel=Cams
ski holidays
Markus, many thanks. Will watch avidly!!!
latest report
Obergurgl is now up to 120cm (another 20cm fresh in the last 24 hrs).
The Mölltaler galcier saw a massive 50 cm of fresh.

http://www.bergfex.com/oesterreich/schneewerte/
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB, good link that to see the snow depths.

Cheers
snow report
Lorenzo
Look at the sites belowthey have web cams
http://www.kitzbuehel.com/en/service/weather/weather-forecast.htm
http://kitz.net/de/wetterstation-stadtwerke.html

hope it helps snowHead

Andy
ski holidays
For the non high altitude resorts there's some tasty signs in the forecast from Tuesday night onwards....we all know how uncertain it is 5 days out but looking cold and snowy down to the valleys on today's runs.
latest report
We're flying to Munich on Friday night and can pretty much go anywhere in Austria .. any recommendations ???

We were intending to go to Stubai but one wethaer forecast is predicitng 50km/h + winds .. not pleasant even if it stays open.

Thinking maybe Zell/Kaprun ... anybody know if the slopes at Zell are open ?? .. can't find out on their website.
snow report
RichA, Zell is not open at the moment, but more and more lifts are operating on Kaprun glacier. Cold wind and snow predicted for the week-end in most parts of Austria.
snow conditions
RichA, Zell is due to open on Saturday, looking at the webcams i'm sure they will get it going down to the bottom of the Breiteckbahn chair with what they've got, the cannons were going full blast today and as kerekip says snow is forecast. Noticed on one webcam that the cannons are going on the valley runs also, so presumably they are not doing that if they think it is going to be wasted.

http://www.schmitten.at/en/prices-schedule/winter-prices/lift-schedule/

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/salzburg/schmittenhoehe

Kaprun looks like being open down to the Alpincenter at least. Will be cold up there though.

http://en.kitzsteinhorn.at/news/openedlifts.htm

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/salzburg/kitzsteinhorn-kaprun/
snow report
I have just read the local forecast. High winds, and snow for the week-end, especially the Friday night will be very cold. Most of Austria will be covered by snow by Saturday. Strong winds over 100km/h on Friday and Saturday.
Ski resorts may have 50cm fresh snow, but some resorts in the Arlberg region may have 100cm.
latest report
Back from 1.5 days skiing at Stubai glacier last weekend:

Tons of snow above 1300m Very Happy
Conditions amazing - blue sky, full winter cover with some untracked knee deep powder Very Happy Very Happy
Beer prices Smile despite the collapse of the £ (€3 for a large one)

The 10km (55 minute) traffic queue to the glacier at 8am on Sunday morning was the only Sad - though crowd-wise, lift queues and runs were generally ok - the jam was caused by marshalls directing people to parking spaces.
latest report
mountainaddict, nice one!!!
ski holidays
3 euro for a beer , i go to mayrhofen on 31 jan . the way the £ / euro rate is going that will be £5 a beer Crying or Very sad .
latest report
It really was great hey mountainaddict, I was at the Pitztal and had similar conditions. A friend got caught in the same traffic at the Stubai - nicht gut. Should be a lot better now though as all the main resorts are starting to open which eases the pressure on the glaciers.
ski holidays
I've been skiing on the Kitzsteinhorn glacier all week, the conditions are pretty good, although lots of wind today left some exposed areas a little icy. It's open down to the Alpincenter, and there are a fair few runs open. The locals are expecting a lot of snow over the weekend, which will be good for Zell am See (if you look down on the Schmittenhoehe from the glacier, there's not a lot of snow up there). During the week it's not busy on the glacier but last weekend was horrendously busy, so this weekend is likely to be the same, unless some other resorts open up. Fingers crossed for this big dump at the weekend then...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy