Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Report Austria 2008/2009

Poster: A snowHead
Belting it down again in Austria according to the cams. snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Unfortunately with rain at many resort levels Sad

Mountains are ok tho and more cold and snow is forecast snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
robboj, not the case ... this is the cross country tracks in Bad Gastein. This is about 900m. snowHead snowHead

Unfortunately this is a live cam so it will probably change in the next few hours. Covered in snow when I posted ... honest! Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kersh,

Maybe a bit of rain tonight but a good fall of snow from friday onwards.
http://www.wetter.at/wetter/oesterreich/salzburg/bad-gastein/

I see from the top lefthand corner it's a cam of the golf course - what is this some cruel spot the ball competition. ? Wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DB, Laughing Laughing. Yeah, it's the golf course!! That's the practice putting green in the foreground.

It's normally a good forecast from www.wetter.at
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kersh, What a difference 150 metres make then Sad

This was the airport at Zell am See this morning
Crying or Very sad
http://www.panoramablick.com/index.php?nav_id=nav_id=17&kat_id=3169&cam_id=2667&lang=&action=showkat&archiv=a&date=2008/12/01/11
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyone 'in the know' know how Mayrhofen is shaping up?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A friend of mine has just returned from Ski amadé region. Yesterday, it looked like this.

This is Flachau, at the bottom of the Achter-Jet lift.

Under the Flying Mozart lift and Wagrain is on the other side.

snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just got back off the Glacier at Stubai. Neustift has a degree of snow cover but the mountain is absolutely fantastic. A bluebird (well mostly) day with pistes almost perfect and waist deep powder to be had at will. A great day with another promised tomorrow!! Very Happy Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just got back off the Glacier at Stubai. Neustift has a degree of snow cover but the mountain is absolutely fantastic. A bluebird (well mostly) day with pistes almost perfect and waist deep powder to be had at will. A great day with another promised tomorrow!! Very Happy Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Guys

Looking at the Kitzbuhel cams still dont look to great anyone know any better?? Puzzled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kerekip, great pics. Amadé looking excellent! snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just back from Hintertux. The entire area (Hintertux itself, that is) is open including the village run, all on natural snow. Lots of snow fell since Sunday 30th, started Sunday morning, rather timidly, and then snowed heavily all night and all day Monday, well into Tue morning. 55 cm fresh as of Monday according to resort TV station. Mayrhofen opens tomorrow or Saturday, I believe. The slopes around Lanersbach are all white, in fact whiter than they were last Christmas! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
good news that t n t , off to mayrhofen on 31 jan . third time there , cant wait .
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A bit late I know, however, a couple of pics from my Kaprun trip, 23-30 November :

Kitzsteinhorn Glacier looking towards Kaprun & Zell am See:

Top of the Areitbahn above Zell am See looking towards the Kitzsteinhorn and the dams above Kaprun:

Conditions on the Kitzsteinhorn were excellent, not quite so good at Zell am See, pistes a bit thin in places. Lift queues were non existent. Skied till I could ski no more.

All in all an excellent week to start the season snowHead

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 7-12-08 2:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
The region Karnten is sinking in the snow. Heiligenblut had 150cm fresh snow in the past days.
Now there is 220cm on the top, and I am going there next week-end Very Happy
snow report
Does anyone know what Ski Welt is like at the moment?

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 7-12-08 11:03; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
hobbiteater, open and looking good www.skiwelt.at Smile
latest report
Warth opened yesterday. Snow conditions were excellent. It was fairly busy but no queues all day. Most of the pistes were open, no bare patches spotted all day, but then there was fresh snow from 11:30 onwards.

Weather was good in the morning but deteriorated rapidly in the afternoon. The road down the hill was pretty scary for a uk driver who last drove on snow over 20 years ago!!
snow report
Looks like west Austria is getting a big dumping of snow, StAnton, Lech, Warth and Bregenzerwald all reporting upto 30cm of new snow today, according ot the reports on www.bergfex.com

I drove to Hittisau this morning. http://www.bergfex.com/hochhaederich/
It was heavy rain in Friedrichshafen, but that changed to snow once in the Bregenzerwald valley. It took me ages to get up the approach road to the resort. Had to resort to snowchains half way up, even with the snowplough doing constant runs up and down the road. When I got to the top there were two piste bashers atttempting to clear the car park. the visibility was very bad in heavy snow. Not a great day to learn Nordic which was my plan for the day. I decided to leg it down the hill before I got stuck. Passed anothe 4 cars stuck on the hill whilst descending.

Top Tip: Practice putting new snow chains on during a warm dry day. Half way up a snowy hill was not the place to be reading instructions
snow report
Any updates for Kitzbuhel? i am heading out there this saturday Razz Razz Razz
snow conditions
andybabes, pictures from last saturday here and it has snowed since then too...

I reckon there's a dump on its way on thur/fri this week too Very Happy
snow report
Three independent sites I've looked at today seem to bear that out - 18cm due in Mayrhofen snowHead
snow report
fantastic skiing conditions here over the weekend, here are some photos of our boys at the top of the new Kingscab Gondola in Muehlbach on Sunday in the snow,

then the rest are on the Hochkeil area which was deserted yesterday.Reports say about 80 cms on the mountains.

snow report
18cm due in Mayrhofen . good news , keep it coming . only 7 weeks to go . Very Happy
snow conditions
djfletcher, Hochkeil loks fab, and even better having it almost all to yourselves!

Good to see the boys enjoying the snow, hope all is well with you guys, we may be out in January so will give you a shout again in case you want a ski buddy for a day or two.

Keep ths reports/pics coming!

D
snow conditions
djfletcher, great photos - thanks snowHead
latest report
Some areas of south east Austrian (Carinthia) have seen up to 1m of fresh snow. snowHead

Articles in german but with a few pictures
http://www.orf.at/081211-32683/index.html
http://kaernten.orf.at/stories/328023/
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
djfletcher, great photos as alawys!
ski holidays
they are great pictures ...9 days and I'm there
just looked a few webcams to see more snow falling, feeling a bit like the cat who got the cream now, always a risk booking for christmas but looks a good move this year

no lift queues, empty pistes, great snow, great mountain huts, too much goulash, great runs, great hospitality, different resort every day, Ski Amade here I come Very Happy
ski holidays
DB, that picture of the old guy with his snow-clearing machine, his house was buried! No wonder roofs have been collapsing! Shocked
latest report
snowHead snowHead snowHead 10 cm in Mayrhofen today with another 10 cm due to fall tonight and a predicted 16-24 cm tomorrow......woooooohooooo and 3 and a bit weeks to go. Just hired the skis from a very reasonable place too - 60 euros cheaper than many of the other places I looked at Cool

Excited? Not 'arf
snow report
Nassfeld has a base of 280cm that's 100cm fresh snow in the last couple of days.

A small Austrian resort called Lesachtal has reported 130cm fresh snow. snowHead
snow report
click on the picture top left (with "Villach" road sign) to see video of current conditions

http://iptv.orf.at/
ski holidays
20 cms more fell last night, , dh is off enjoying the powder snow!
ski holidays
Looking good in Schladming this morning. Only six weeks to go!!!! snowHead

snow report
no_snow_in_swindon,

Thanks for that I'll be there in around 8 hrs snowHead
latest report
Hit it
snow report
DB,

Lucky git!!! Have a great time
snow conditions
DB, Thanks for the links, I used to live in Klagenfurt, during the 98/99 season which was very snowy. Looking at those pics brings back lots of memories and makes me wish I was still there. Nassfeld was one of my favourite Saturday trips, and my local 'Heimatsberg' was Gerlitzen, which was a great place to learn to ski!

Thanks again
D
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy