Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bindings?? what does DIN mean???? what are the difference between bindings??

Poster: A snowHead
Not Fannying about if it kicks off again, I'll go for a K.O. Razz
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kel i said you gave sound advice but read what i had to say about the way you acted once you found out he wanted all mountain skis. whats wrong in wanting all mountain skis? for all we know he could be doing a whole season in canada in which case all mountain skis may be better suited to his needs. again if he has been renting for a few yrs they wouldnt have told him anything about the ski or the bindings, you must have had the same experience where they just chuck the skis at you and away you go???? ye he does need to explain his situation a lot better and be more specific and ye he shouldnt have gone off on one like that and so souldnt have you. just coz the poor lad wants all mountain skis aint any reason to take the p**s now is it, come on you arent in a play ground Smile again not having a go at you, think you are all in the wrong and all need to lighten up a bit
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
colors,

In my experience someone who claims to have 5 years @ 2-3 weeks a year, must surely know about DIN settings, especially someone who bought their own skis years ago as he claims. I will repeat myself that it was he who started the retorical remarks about me as I very much doubt he realized I was taking the P*** when I posted about the Ski Mo-Jo.

But you are right the Playground behaviour has gone far enough. snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Come on Horizon back me up Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tsk. Lightweights.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
haha good humour is great no one wants dead serious people all the time now do they, just think all 3 of you started to get a bit personal and i can understand both sides. id say this goes to points with graygeorge being out numbered 2-1 but putting up a good fight haha.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kel,
Quote:

someone who claims to have 5 years @ 2-3 weeks a year, must surely know about DIN settings, especially someone who bought their own skis years ago

Nope. See my post above. And (see another thread) I also thought I wanted some all mountain skis. It therefore follows that I'm just as much of a numpty as grazygeorges, but I still wouldn't have taken kindly to the treatment meted out to him.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Didn't your parents ever tell you lot that scoring points wasn't big and wasn't clever Laughing Come on play nicely before someone comes and takes your toys away Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum,

Nobody would have dished this out to you, because you and your 8153 post's, don't pretend to be anything other than who you are. i.e. you would never try to score points Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kel, Laughing Laughing snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What's wrong with point scoring? Remember, as the Immortal Humph said,

points mean prizes. Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hurtle, Unless your're queueing for the ovens.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scarpa, Puzzled Or are you watching God on Trial as well? (I almost can't cope with it, which is why I've got half an eye on here as well.)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It may make me a bad, bad person, but I still think my first reply was par for the course. Maybe I had a gremlin moment. I agree with grazygeorges that my sense of humour is a little warped. All that hanging around at a certain other ski forum.

You're forgetting that once the thread gathered pace he started and went on with personal insults, against Kel of all people! Did I really look too intimidating to take on?

Did someone say that you can tell the three main people on this thread are English? If that includes me, I'll take a chameleonic bow.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle, No... no w**k material being watched here I'm afraid.
latest report
Megamum, I'll confess that earlier in your sH history there were moments when I thought you were a troll, and (hence?) moments when I wanted to make fun of certain posts. But you've been just too sweet overall and it turns out I would have been wrong.

I hope we get to ski together some time.
latest report
You pesky transylvanian shape changers & your evil DIN jokes wink
snow report
horizon wrote:
Did someone say that you can tell the three main people on this thread are English? If that includes me, I'll take a chameleonic bow.

You're not Dutch are you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_de_Jong
snow conditions
I'm tempted to reanimate an earlier cartoon character... Holocat... Chococats worst enemy... and a lot fatter although we really really don't want to go there Twisted Evil
latest report
horizon,

You didn't intimidate me.
Razz
latest report
horizon, The way she's been improving you may have quite a challenge to keep up Razz
snow report
horizon, Scarpa, Thank you both! Reading those is a lovely start to my day. Big smile here Very Happy snowHead
latest report
grazygeorges wrote:
oh i already have skis, had them for a few yrs now think people assume im still stuck at the snow plow lol i learned quickly very quickly and was doing parallels in my first 3days thats was yrs back so yes i can ski lol

So you've skied for years, have a pretty decent level, and don't know what the DIN settings (or whatever name they may take) are, i.e. not what value(s) they should be but actually what they are for/about?
You had a pro set the equipment for you?

Things don't add up...any half curious person, having skied a few times would have wondered "what are those big screws/graduations on my bindings for?"...
Weird that you did not until now if you've skied "for years"..

horizon, I did like your post but as I have never stoned anyone and am all for trying new things please do keep me posted with details of your stoning..
ski holidays
Of my "other" ski group, ie not snowHeads, there are people who've been skiing 30-40 years, once, perhaps twice a year. Many are still in fartbags/stretchy pants and have only recently bought carving skis, usually from the "sales". The only thing they know about them is the length and whether they're Sallys or Rossis. They get them "done" by a ski tech after the holiday and never enquire what exactly "done" means. They have never heard of DIN, P-tex or base grind.

They are typical English holiday skiers and if I hadn't joined snowHeads, I would be in exactly the same position Twisted Evil .

Edit: I originally put "twice a week" instead of "twice a year" rolling eyes

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 4-09-08 13:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I am opening a book on grazygeorges true id-

Megamum, 10/1
Kel, 7/1
horizon, evens
Kel, 5/1
colors, 5/1
He is real 50/1

PS anyone know the meaning of the expression "over square"?
snow conditions
5/1 SZK.

We've had "what poles", "what skis" and "bindings - how?" so its got to be a question on boots next, he's just lulling us into a false sense of security.
snow conditions
maggi wrote:
Of my "other" ski group, ie not snowHeads, there are people who've been skiing 30-40 years, once, perhaps twice a week. Many are still in fartbags/stretchy pants and have only recently bought carving skis, usually from the "sales". The only thing they know about them is the length and whether they're Sallys or Rossis. They get them "done" by a ski tech after the holiday and never enquire what exactly "done" means. They have never heard of DIN, P-tex or base grind.

They are typical English holiday skiers and if I hadn't joined snowHeads, I would be in exactly the same position Twisted Evil .

Give or take the odd detail, sounds exactly like me. Toofy Grin
snow report
maggi,
Quote:

Of my "other" ski group, ie not snowHeads, there are people who've been skiing 30-40 years, once, perhaps twice a week

I assume you mean once or twice a year, but I suspect they will know something about binding settings - perhaps not that they are DIN numbers, but enough to hazard a guess and certainly enough not to ask lazy questions without doing a quick google search first.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cunners, Don't forget goggles and how dark they should be Laughing Laughing
latest report
beequin,
Quote:

they will know something about binding settings - perhaps not that they are DIN numbers, but enough to hazard a guess and certainly enough not to ask lazy questions without doing a quick google search first.

Indeed. Little Angel
ski holidays
jbob wrote:
I am opening a book on grazygeorges true id-

Megamum, 10/1
Kel, 7/1
horizon, evens
Kel, 5/1
colors, 5/1
He is real 50/1

PS anyone know the meaning of the expression "over square"?

Well it's not me but with "He is real" at 50-1, does that make me the victim Razz
snow report
Hurtle, <= >maggi, ROTFLMFAO
ski holidays
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ROTFLMFAO - 'cos I have not encountered it before
ski holidays
Agenterre wrote:
Hurtle, <= >maggi, ROTFLMFAO

Shocked so that's why you're insulting her in the other thread!

No wonder you're ROTFLMFAOing. Hurtle = clever lawyer and maggi = airhead blonde rolling eyes

But ..... have you ever seen us together? Little Angel
snow report
Scarpa wrote:
slikedges, 25 skiers of each weight are pushed in a line down a steep slope. Halfway down is a hidden trip wire. All the skiers bindings are at set measured stages of 'tightness'. The stage at which bindings begin to release are entered into a chart. Then the skiers are replaced by a heavier batch. Eventually we end up with the Lardyboy settings Laughing

Well, you see, I think this isn't that far off the truth in that I'm sure I was once told that biological materials were certainly involved in their derivation.
snow conditions
well whoever put money on me beng grazygeorge will be disappointed im just little old me. i just think the guy a had a genuine question. how many people here drive? how many people here know what part on a car do what and how many people just know that if you put the keys in the ignition put it into gear the thing moves? some people dont ask questions about the things they use and if it works it works and they carry on to just use them without asking any questions. they guy might be a bit of a loud mouth or weirdo but honestly think it was a genuine question.

i await the bricks to be thrown haha
snow report
maggi, .. Shocked .. airhead/P***head/legal eagle .. you're fun ( although I still feel sorry for him! wink )
ski holidays
maggi, airhead? I don't think so. Toofy Grin
colors, I agree and the unquestioning muppet that you describe is me, to a tee.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy