Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chris Davenport Lecture RGS 17 Oct

Poster: A snowHead
Of interest?

http://www.snowandrock.com/chris_davenport_lecture.htm
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob that looks like something well worth attending, maybe with a beer afterwards Very Happy !
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I saw that the other week - would quite like to go but got something on... Not really local either annoyingly!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I might be around for this. If I am then a post Davenport beer would be good too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds interesting -- I'm going to try and make it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glad I saw this post as I 'phoned up for this and booked tickets several weeks ago when it became available but I've heard nothing since so I'm going to 'phone them up again. Just a small warning if you too have booked. I was told the tickets would just be an email. Has anyone else had similar issues or actually got their 'tickets' ?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
just booked tickets
would be up for a beer afterwards if people are around
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just 'phoned - email tickets going out next week apparently
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
i am slightly annoyed that i just paid £3.95 p&p if they are emailing tickets!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bought on phone (no P&P). Anyone know any good pubs around Kensington Gore for shandies afterwards?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arno I tried to book online last night but it looked like they wanted to charge me £10 p&p so I just called them instead. Bloke on phone said e-ticket, total cost £10 so reckon they owe you a refund Smile

who has the local knowledge required to recommend a watering hole for a post talk beer?

edit: fatbob snap!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyone had the tickets / emails or whatever they are. Stil no sign despite my post above
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dsoutar i got my email confirmation through yesterday which needs to be printed and taken on the night
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
yep - am undecided whether to demand my £3.95 p&p back. life is possibly too short Confused
snow report
got my email yesterday too.
snow conditions
No sign of my tickets yet, but plenty of time yet...
snow conditions
so anyone with a recommendation of where to go for a beer afterwards?
latest report
.....You could try the nearest pub? Works for me, every time Very Happy
snow report
youspurs1 fair enough, that's a well tried and tested technique!
ski holidays
Who's in?
ski holidays
Thanks for the bump. I'd completely forgotten that this was getting close. Anyway, just bought the ticket, so see you guys there (I'll recognise fatbob and Arno, and maybe parlor from those mugshots on WhiteDot - but only if he covers those flowing locks with the beanie wink ).
snow report
I'm also going Smile
The bar in RGS is open from 1800-1900, talk from 1900-2030 then bar is open again till 2130hrs.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 16-10-08 17:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
i'll be there with my mate matt, on for a post talk beer but probably wont be there intime for one before

Linds i think (hope!) you have the times wrong in your post wink
snow conditions
Quote:

Linds i think (hope!) you have the times wrong in your post

Roger C, What times?

Oops little correction snuck in there Laughing
ski holidays
Hi Linds I think the talk actually starts at 730, this is what was on my confirmation:

7pm (for a prompt 7.30pm start)

So it's only an hour long
snow conditions
Roger C, They were the times given to me by Royal Geographical Society yesterday, I have just looked on my recipt and cant find a start time on it rolling eyes
snow report
I'm there
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fairly urgent - anyone know the email address from which S+R issued the receipt/eticket for this?

Thanks
snow conditions
i got mine from:

jennifer.holmes@snowandrock.com
ski holidays
Ta - found her in my mailbox didn't have a hope in hell searching by all the usual stuff like Snow+rock, eticket, ereceipt, einvoice
snow report
Brilliant talk i thought! Some absolutely stunning pictures as well.

Who else went?
latest report
Very good and seemed like overall a very modest guy. There are defiinitely some things I will never be skiing.

For those taht didn't go - a flavour http://www.hellyhansen.com/campaigns/display/mountainProfessional/

Good to see GrahanN, linds and parlor albeit briefly
ski holidays
Really brilliant talk.
I met Chris and his wife Jessica prior to the talk and Jessica was really interested in MK and what it was like to ski in a fridge, time constraints for them mean they wouldnt be able to try it out Laughing
can anybody remember what the film is called that is being released in December by Matchstick film co (or whatever it was called)?
Great to meet up with parlor, GrahamN, Jonpim, JacksonHole, Steven Neal, Arno, Roger C, who was trying to hide from me Laughing and I saw fatbob, just as he was leaving.
snow report
Linds, the movie is Claim. Trailer is here:
http://youtube.com/v/go-b7YU-1Uo .

I don't think I've ever seen someone so excited by his material despite obviously having given the talk numerous times. He came across as a genuinely nice guy as well.
snow conditions
THe MSP film is Claim

http://uk.youtube.com/v/Z-C5MRFnSJk&feature=related
ski holidays
fatbob, Thank you, we were all trying to remember on the way home, so one to watch out for and perhaps another meet up?
ski holidays
God loads of you were there! I was on the ticket name ticker off thing, S-Z if that was any of you lot!!

Cant wait to see the pics/vids from when he goes to antarctica next week, bet its insane!!
snow report
I'm an F so obviously didnt come near you ben123, I was the little person pinching the stickers Laughing
ski holidays
haha yeah my stickers disappeared pretty quickly! and the beer matts to Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy