Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling Sella Ronda fans.

Poster: A snowHead
Have wanted to go for years, but could never find a deal from Belfast. Anyway, just found one for Selva, H/B, flights, transfers, lift pass and ski hire for £700.00 in Jan. Could be a winner.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnboy, are you going for it?

Sounds like a decent price, the lift pass and ski hire have got to be worth at least £200. I expect it'll be a 6-day Val Gardena pass worth 180euro (shoulder season price, 7/1-31/1/09), you should be able to upgrade to the Dolomiti Superski pass (193euro) for the extra 13euro. This will open up the whole linked area around the Sella Ronda.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
luigi,

Very tempted. There are other similar deals to Canezi and Campitello, but would Selva be a better base?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnboy wrote:
luigi,

Very tempted. There are other similar deals to Canezi and Campitello, but would Selva be a better base?

I think it would be. It is a bigger town and has more "life" about it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jb1970,

Cheers. Very keen on this one. The scennery looks stunning.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
johnboy, there's no ski back to village at Canazei or Campitello, you have to download on the gondola/cablecar. I'd go for Selva. Is the hotel near the lifts?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
luigi,

Brochure says about 300m which is acceptable.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
luigi wrote:
johnboy, there's no ski back to village at Canazei or Campitello, you have to download on the gondola/cablecar. I'd go for Selva. Is the hotel near the lifts?

You certainly can ski down to Canazei. I did so most days when I was in Campitello thre years ago (and then took the bus back to Campitello).

There is a run down from the base of the gondolas for Col Rodella and Belvedere at Lupo Bianco.

But you can't ski back down to Campitello, agreed.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy,

We stayed in Campitello two years ago. Not a lot going on really, no night life, and No Apres-ski. Did not spoil our holiday as it was just the two of us. Because there was no apres-ski we were on the first lift every morning and on to a big wide perfectly groomed carver.

We will be going back soon and we liked the look of Selva, it looked like there was more chance of some apres-ski.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
alex_heney,
Quote:

There is a run down from the base of the gondolas for Col Rodella and Belvedere at Lupo Bianco.

I know where you mean, I think it's always been closed when I've been in March, too south-facing and too low. But then I didn't have any business trying to get down to Canazei. Thanks for the correction.

Canazei is a bit livelier than Campitello, isn't it?

The apres at Selva starts on the mountain at Piz Seteur with go-go girls dancing on the bar, then the tipsy slide back to the village where you can stop off at the umbrella bars or the Luislkeller, various bars have music and dancing and there's a club or two. It's all a bit europop, Austrian/German style, but they know how to pack away the beers and enjoy themselves.

http://www.luislkeller.com/

http://www.dalidisco.it/
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A bit more info on the Selva apres scene.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
All booked for Selva on 17th Jan. Hotel Flora snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnboy, looks nice snowHead , I expect you've already found the hotel website: http://www.flora.bz/

Looking at the location, it's on the main road through Selva a few hundred metres down from the lifts, I stayed in a Thomson chalet near there the first time I went to Selva, it's a bit of a trek in ski gear, but there is a regular bus (stops at Hotel Oswald) that runs up and down the main road to the Ciampinoi gondola/Costabella chairlift, it used to be free to skipass holders, but now I think you have to pay a nominal amount (5 euro per week?) for a bus pass to use it.

Now, you've just got to contain the excitement for 5 months! snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jon will tell you that you can indeed ski down to Canizei - he did it by mistake last year when he went off down a black we oldtimers were avoiding. Ended up walking back up a red to rejoin us. He said it looked a nice place!

snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chris Bish, ooops! snowHead
snow conditions
Really excited about this trip. Spending a bit more than usual, but have wanted to go to this area for years. Very Happy
snow conditions
johnboy, You will be hooked like the rest of us that have been! From the front of the Ciampinoi you can ski down a track and get out by your hotel. It is a bug of a walk up to the lift but you can walk down and catch the lift in the morning. First time we stayed in hotel des alpes, not far from your place. Last time we got a place closer to the lifts and far better location ski down to within 50 metres of the hotel. That said you will have a blast, it is a fantastic area. This coming from someone with links to France! We will be back!
snow report
Latest news from us is that Gentianze is off as they wanted £2000 for the single room, and even Hippo, shied at that. Now holding a deal for a nice place in Campitello Hotel Gran Soreghes. Any thoughts? We want to be in a different area from Arabba, not that Arabba isn't fine. With such a vast area. we want to see more of it.

snowHead
snow report
Hi All

As I said above we are thinking of going back to the Sella Ronda soon, but we also fancy Kronplatz. I know it's on the same lift pass and I wondered if it was possible to Ski or bus from there for a day or two on the Sella Ronda?
snow conditions
Chris Bish, Shocked Shocked Shocked
latest report
I would love a Dolomites trip but it will have to wait for another year I think.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont,

How come?
ski holidays
Chris Bish, that's outrageous Shocked , hopefully alex_heney can shed some light on the Campitello option.

skid & slide, there's normally a free ski bus between Piccolino in the Kronplatz area and Pedraces in Alta Badia area from where you can work your way into the Sella Ronda circuit, bit of a trek though. Here's last season's timetable.
snow report
Chris Bish wrote:
Latest news from us is that Gentianze is off as they wanted £2000 for the single room, and even Hippo, shied at that. Now holding a deal for a nice place in Campitello Hotel Gran Soreghes. Any thoughts? We want to be in a different area from Arabba, not that Arabba isn't fine. With such a vast area. we want to see more of it.

snowHead

I didn't stay in that hotel, but I walked past it on the way to the lift station most days.

It is right across the road from the cable car to Col Rodella. Which is about 5 minutes walk from the centre of "town" such as it is.

It isn't as isolated as the photos make it look.

The local areas (Col Rodella and Belvedere) from that cable car are quite limited, but it doesn't take long to ski over to Selva or down to Arabba.It is well worth taking one day to ski the area between Alba And Pozza, and probably going over the road at Pozza to ski the area whose name escapes me just at the moment.
snow conditions
alex_heney, Catinaccio?
latest report
luigi, That's the one Smile
snow report
I'm so excited about going to Selva and it's only August!!!
snow conditions
johnboy wrote:
Helen Beaumont,

How come?

Two kids at Uni next year johnboy, and most of all none at home to dogsit while we take a weeks holiday. So we will be taking her with us to Serre Chevalier for two weeks instead Very Happy . We'll still manage 4 weeks.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont,

It's a tough life
ski holidays
Mrs johnboy,

A nice photo of what to expect, just to whet your appetite!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/roydeclerck/2361013471/sizes/l/
latest report
luigi,

Looks fantastic
latest report
johnboy wrote:
Helen Beaumont,

It's a tough life
I know wink
snow report
luigi, Remember it well. Stay for a while and you only need one lift to get back to the luislkeller, two if you insist on doing that run that takes you four times the time to get up than down!
ski holidays
johnboy, just hope the snow is as good as that when we're there! snowHead
ski holidays
luigi, Looks amazing! Looking forward to being there, enjoying a vino rosso with the sun in my face and the crisp slopes before me! Very Happy
ski holidays
Mrs johnboy,

Ratbag. get back to work!!
ski holidays
johnboy, Mrs johnboy, sorry, I didn't mean to start a domestic! wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
johnboy,
Got a few different options from a travel agent for 17th Jan and Hotel Flora, in Selva is looking like the best option.
Just got a look at the options there a while ago and was googling for reviews on the hotel and this thread came up.
Might be 14 of us there with you.
snow conditions
Anybody ever been to hotel Planac in Corvara? Seems to have an ideal, very quiet position in the skiing area outside of the village, but next to a lift. But I'm not sure whether it is worth the money.
snow conditions
ok I hate to admit it, but I booked in the Alta Badia region. Given the fact I'm taking two girls below 12 with me, the combination of blue runs, sun, great mountain restaurants and acceptable prices is hard to beat. What I'd like to ask is what is your favourite run in the Sella ronda area. I don't mean the toughest run, but the one that you enjoyed the most (either because of the view, the mountain restaurant, the length, anything you want).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy