Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do you want to hear about online?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If it wasn't for generous people setting up ski sites some of us might have to do some work Shocked
Many from the SKGB came here, many at Powdermag used to slate all other ski sites and then they needed another home (TGR).
Hope Frenchiexno1 realizes we get a lot of this http://www.spam.com/ here.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DavidYacht, try www.ultimate-ski.com
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just as a point of interest I have never bought anything in a transaction resulting form a google adwords click through. I may on occasion have returned to the vendor at a later date having remembered the name using a regular google search. Does google reward the original linker for this or do my eyeballs at the inital stage get rewarded?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob wrote:
Just as a point of interest I have never bought anything in a transaction resulting form a google adwords click through. I may on occasion have returned to the vendor at a later date having remembered the name using a regular google search. Does google reward the original linker for this or do my eyeballs at the inital stage get rewarded?

Originally Google paid per click but they've been moving to a pay per action model (not necessarily a purchase), however I think most adwords are still pay per click although Google discount about 20-25% of clicks as spam/false etc.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Am I being thick but where is this new forum? Embarassed
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was too embarrassed to ask! Is this website up or what??
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
redrunmarcus, Powderhound, the links have been removed from his sig.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
arv, so does anyone have any clues what to put in a search
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
redrunmarcus, i was trying to find it but i couldnt remember what it was-wasnt much of interest anyways
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
according to my history it is www.plooka.com
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Colin B, cheers have had a look.................
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
adsense used to be a good money spinner, I had a couple of sites a few years back that ticked in up to multiple hundreds of dollars in little side projects. When i setup ski-finder it was 100% pure hobby interest expanding on a database I had pulled together from brochures over the years. I don't mind a good slagging from you lot these days, but just wanted to say that people can setup sites as a hobby, but it's always nice to have someone else help pay for hosting/domain costs...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ski-finder wrote:
just wanted to say that people can setup sites as a hobby, but it's always nice to have someone else help pay for hosting/domain costs...

Yes, it is.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
paulio + powderhound:

"bunch of bullies"...? come on...

the plooka guy was trying to play it off as a hobby, but his blog section is full of "as part of our launch plooka.com sponsored etc etc, hope you enjoyed getting the word out about plooka.com!" and "So launch week has been going really well, emails have been sent, ad campaigns have started and the word is starting to get out about plooka.com!" ...

nothing at all wrong with setting up a ski website and good luck to him, but at least be honest about what you are doing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy