Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do you want to hear about online?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Currently confined to the UK and doing the 9-5 slog at the moment missing the mountains desperately. Have picked up some web design tips and want to dedicate a site to skiing. Have got started and know what I want on there, but would be good to hear what features you guys think would be good on a website dedicated to the mountains. All ideas very welcome!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quiet resorts at half-term!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've just grabbed a pen and paper Smile Have to agree with you on that one, nothing worse than the lift queues when the kids are off school!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frenchiexno1, Welcome snowHead

This is quite a good one http://snowheads.com/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frenchiexno1, a link to my site would be nice wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Are those Scratch skis in your hands on the site?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frenchiexno1, Bit broken couldn't get form the Blog page back to Home in FF3. Careful you don't make your site look too professional - we prefer ours held together with string and sticky tape.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frenchiexno1, interesting Top 10 resorts.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
To be quite honest achilles the whole site it held together with sticky tape at the moment. I posted in some webdesign forums but people were amazingly critical! Feel a lot happier in here!! Well I would feel happier in a James Bond Style chalet in the Swiss alpes with my laptop on my lap, a glass of red wine, and Natalie Portman cooking my dinner whilst I run my skiing empire, but thats just silly Smile

Cheers ARV....

Gotta start somewhere I guess.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
arv wrote:
Frenchiexno1, interesting Top 10 resorts.

Indeed "Bankso" will be pleased to see they rank so highly and Meribel must be feeling left out wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Honestly Richard, haven't you got better things to do with your life?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Heard really good things about Bankso, plus was voted No1 budget resort by the Telegraph, strikes me as a great place for someone new to skiing to try out, that or Andorra perhaps. Figured that having one resort on the 3 valleys was enough.

Davidoff do I know you?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I would really love to know how to reduce excessive inside ski tip lead, and to see reviews of little known resorts like La Rosiere, maybe by someone who lives there and really knows the area.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How about something on helmets.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frenchiexno1 wrote:

Davidoff do I know you?

No idea, only you can answer that.

If all you want to do is score some Google adsense money there are better ways of doing it? Otherwise, why bother with yet another me2 ski website. You'll either get bored and abandon it or it will consume too much of your time. In any event it will not be your path to riches, recognition or whatever.

Seriously, cancel the domain name and delete the pages now before you waist too much of your time pratting about with a website. There really are better things to do in life - like go skiing.
ski holidays
Yoda, Laughing not forgetting ads for roofing sheets Toofy Grin
snow report
davidof wrote:
...before you waist too much of your time pratting about with a website.

Ah yes, the Fat Nerd Theory - for every hour spent in front of a computer screen pratting around on a website your waistline expands by an eighth of an inch.
latest report
FenlandSkier,
Quote:

Ah yes, the Fat Nerd Theory - for every hour spent in front of a computer screen pratting around on a website your waistline expands by an eighth of an inch.

Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:
What do you want to hear about online?

There aren't enough tapir related skiing anecdotes.
latest report
Frenchiexno1 wrote:
Are those Scratch skis in your hands on the site?

Frenchiexno1, no, they're my own 187cm High Society FR's
latest report
Quote:
would be good to hear what features you guys think would be good on a website dedicated to the mountains. All ideas very welcome!

I think a good feature would be a link or 2 to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
jbob wrote:
How about something on helmets.

x2
ski holidays
Frenchiexno1 wrote:
Heard really good things about Bankso, plus was voted No1 budget resort by the Telegraph, strikes me as a great place for someone new to skiing to try out, that or Andorra perhaps. Figured that having one resort on the 3 valleys was enough.

Davidoff do I know you?

Checked out whether Bansko's medical facilities are up to the standard you would expect them to be, for a resort you recommend highly to British punters? Quite a few sHs get a bit broken, each year.
ski holidays
FenlandSkier wrote:
davidof wrote:
...before you waist too much of your time pratting about with a website.

at least Happy
ski holidays
I don't think having a competition in your forum to see who can post the most this month will benefit you... the guys from this-is-chinese-spam may be able to help you out...
snow report
The resort review section is great - I like the list of ALL the Canadian ski resorts Toofy Grin
latest report
Can you have a forum about whether you can take boots on a hand luggage on various carriers and from various airports?
snow report
Quote:

Heard really good things about Bankso

I feel one advantage of a personal website should be first hand info - ie not about resorts you've not experienced for yourself.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Guvnor, think you raise a good point there, the amount of times I forgotten about whether or not I have to pay for my boot bags, or last minute had to cram loads of gear in to one bad to save £20. Makes me think that it would be useful to come up with some kind of guide to the true cost of skiing! I usually get some cheap accommodation and cheap flights and think result, skiing on the cheap! Then end up paying a fortune for transfers, boot bags, ski passes etc!
ski holidays
I would suggest that there are plenty of good ski sites out there, notably Snowheads (forum), Where to Ski and Snowboard (resorts) and the Ski Club of Great Britain (weather reports). The only gap that I see is for really comprehensive equipment reviews that give star ratings for different levels and types of skiers (unless someone can point me in the right direction).
snow conditions
frenchie: when creating a ski website to compete with natives and snowheads and cash in on the social networking hype it might be a good idea not to advertise on the aforementioned sites under the guise of a 'personal' project.... incidentally, as you are starting a clearly commercial venture, i am sure you have properly licensed all the photographs of the various resorts and skiers on your site, correct?
snow report
I would like to see a working site, not a work in progress thats not ready yet........hmmmm wonder where the good resorts in South America are?? oh, can't find out yet......
latest report
Apologies I didn't mean to cause any negative sentiment - have updated my signature. Just genuinely trying to have a bit of fun with a project in my evenings about something I enjoy. I will take myself off the forum. All the best for the future Smile
snow conditions
Frenchiexno1 wrote:
.............. Makes me think that it would be useful to come up with some kind of guide to the true cost of skiing! ..........

Oh, no, don't do that, it will frighten us all off. I once did, keeping track of all costs, including kit, car parking and so forth, over a considerable time - then worked out th cost per week. I was silly enough to let Mrs a (who doesn't ski) know. She's never let me forget. Embarassed
ski holidays
achilles wrote:
Frenchiexno1 wrote:
.............. Makes me think that it would be useful to come up with some kind of guide to the true cost of skiing! ..........

Oh, no, don't do that, it will frighten us all off. I once did, keeping track of all costs, including kit, car parking and so forth, over a considerable time - then worked out th cost per week. I was silly enough to let Mrs a (who doesn't ski) know. She's never let me forget. Embarassed

that's a total lack of follow through on your part really, you've proved you're not skiing enough days to offset those fixed costs. You should have made a powerpoint of all that, made a presentation and reported that in the interests of economies of scale you needed to double your ski days Very Happy
ski holidays
ise is right. The unit cost of my skiing has dropped sharply since I bought an apartment and a super discounted season lift pass.... Laughing
ski holidays
ise, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
I think Frenchiexno1, has taken the hump and buggered off...

Poor lamb, the banter was a bit rich for his blood. snowHead
snow report
What a depressingly hostile page of ire.
latest report
bunch of bullies!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy