Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

do u dislike/hate snowboarders

Poster: A snowHead
Lizzard, who you calling an Old Trout ??? wink

Sadly I think I would qualify for that bash Embarassed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hullite wrote:
One bad habit that I do think is more widespread amongst boarders than skiers is that of cutting between pistes or leaving the piste and then re-joining it

to be fair skiers do carve up the slopes creating moguls at every chance they get and i also seen skiers carving down the landing of a jump, my mistake, it wasnt some skiers, it was the bloody ski school
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DebbiDoesSnow, not unless you're getting your old age pension....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard,"Hullite, when did you last see a huge teenage boy who was in control in any sort of circumstances and regardless of his mode of transport? And what makes you think they're better on park skis than on boards? 'Out of control' is their baseline state."

That was my point in the 1st paragraph! - That it is the young males who used to be particularly attracted to boarding not boarding per se that causes problems.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hullite wrote:
That was my point in the 1st paragraph! - That it is the young males who used to be particularly attracted to boarding not boarding per se that causes problems.

Around here, snowboarders are just as likely to be middle aged men and women than 'young males'. Skiing is 'cool' again, haven't you gotten the memo?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jacksonholerider, I must apologise for my fellow Europeans. Our streets are full of people wearing soccer team shirts which they barely fit in to. The whole skate/surf/board lifestyle thing is seen as aspirational. And some people even use blades for chrissakes...

The only boarders I have come across in JH who have been young, dumb and full of cum, have been.... English.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
im full of cum ;p
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sideshow bobbers wrote:
Hullite wrote:
One bad habit that I do think is more widespread amongst boarders than skiers is that of cutting between pistes or leaving the piste and then re-joining it

I am completely at a loss as to how that can be construed as a 'bad habit'.
Pleas elaborate...to my mind, that is just skiing/riding...so what if one leaves the piste and rejoins it?
It doesn't make a bloody bit of difference, really.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, I do that whenever I can (if I can't just stick to the offpiste). I think what is being objected to is cutting back onto the piste without looking up the slope to see who's path they might be endangering.

However I'm astonished that a thread with such an objectionable title should still be going. I thought we were a a website dedicated, in an unprejudiced way, to sliding.
Is it time for a "Do you dislike / hate skiers" thread?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowball, it was just to get people going and looking at the video. wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
originally, but a few of the contributors (I have not read them all) seem to have forgotten to put their tongues in their cheeks.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowball, the same culprits over & over again,
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowball, Indeed... and it sent the rest of us to sleep sometime last week Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jacksonholerider, Sigh! Leaving off the end of the sentence you have quoted is mischievous when the words omitted are "-and doing so at speed and taking air when they do not have a clear view of the piste they are rejoining and its users."

I look forward to seeing the following quoted by you in outrage with the subordinate clause omitted:-

Snowboarding is inherently dangerous, when practiced by riders wearing their balaclavas back to front.

Yup, I had noticed that skiing is "cool" again, that is why I say in the same post that you have very selectively quoted from, that I think that any difference in recklessness between skiers and boarders is less now than it was because teenagers who once would have dismissed skiing as dull are now as likely to be attracted to skiing post twin tips and the concomitant developments.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
[quote="Hullite
Snowboarding is inherently dangerous, when practiced by riders wearing their balaclavas back to front.
[quote]

Laughing Laughing

... or trousers falling off their derrieres? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Hullite, I am outraged that you should think "Snowboarding is inherently ... back to front." That is clearly a heelside view. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
jacksonholerider wrote:
sideshow bobbers wrote:
Hullite wrote:

Pleas elaborate...to my mind, that is just skiing/riding...so what if one leaves the piste and rejoins it?

That was just plain dishonest. Or very stupid.

Snipping the part where Hullite had elaborated, just to make a silly point and ask for elaboration.

[EDIT] Oops, I hadn't noticed the response from Hullite
ski holidays
jacksonholerider wrote:
sideshow bobbers wrote:
Hullite wrote:

I think the practice being referred to is cutting off piste in order to take a hit off the lip leading back onto piste. Taking the hit ususally positions the skier or snowboarder in the air, often spinning, laterally across the piste. Not an issue if you are expecting it or the piste is empty but quite common in Euroland where pistes may have dense traffic.

Technically those that live by the FIS commandment "Downhill slope user ALWAYS has right of way" might find themselves caught out by this when someone lands or stacks right in front of them. wink
snow conditions
Hullite wrote:
when practiced by riders wearing their balaclavas back to front.

Yup, I had noticed that skiing is "cool" again

i would say that skiers would be more ao a danger if they were wearing balaclavas back to front as they could reach a higher speed and would be less likely to fall over.

i would also mention that anyone doing anything because it is 'cool' is going to be more dangerious that somebody doing it because they like it.

i snowboard because i like it and because i think it is better

most snowboarders who ride cause it is 'cool' were most likely to be skiers who spotted some snowboarders carving it up, hopping on and off piest and then said 'well that looks like much more fun than skiing' and gone and tried to do the same, taking somebody out in the mean time.

so from that point of view it is the skiers fault that skiers hate snowboarders

(i dont really think that i will point out now before some one has a go at me Smile)
latest report
Is this discussion still going god it must be summer rolling eyes
snow conditions
sideshow bobbers, sorry, but that post was a complete load of tosh from beginning to end.
ski holidays
sideshow bobbers, back under your bridge Troll Boy... Twisted Evil
snow report
stoatsbrother wrote:
sideshow bobbers, back under your bridge Troll Boy... Twisted Evil

Now you are trolling
ski holidays
rayscoops, This whole thread was started by him to generate of clicks on the link in his initial post. Read up a page or two and you will see the admission. Try and tell me that Lizzard was wrong too...

He is either stirring or stupid. I guess you vote the latter... wink
ski holidays
stoatsbrother, I think you'll find rayscoops was the first one to be aware of that
latest report
Charli939, so he obviously must have lost his Troll recognition handbook.

This thread should die a death. Trolling at the start, Trolling at the end.
snow conditions
stoatsbrother, I might agree with you, if I had the faintest idea what trolling was? But I haven't so I can't comment.

Appreciate that not knowing may well make me appear a tad thick... but hey... it was never a secret Embarassed Toofy Grin
snow report
Charli939, here
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stoatsbrother, thanks
snow report
Calling someone a troll during a lively thread is trolling in itself Wink
ski holidays
rayscoops wrote:
Calling someone a troll during a lively thread is trolling in itself Wink

Shut it, you trolling troll!
ski holidays
well i must say stoatsbrother, that my video was not off topic from the post
i would say that they wernt the most painful of falls but i did give u a link 2 that aswell
here it is again
http://youtube.com/v/qkBcVrpqPJo

i have noticed after i read that troll link abit more 'intention of baiting other users into an emotional response'
so maybe i was a troll, and what
anyhow it worked
i have had far more hits from this site than scuk, the largest snowboard forum there is as far as i know

im sure every one has enjoyed this post (or are very annoyed) otherwise there wouldnt be 5 pages of replies

and the only reason you brought that up is because you had nothing to put on my last post

anyhow, back 2 my trolling ability, would you say i have been the best on here so far?
and clicks are still coming in from this post, here it is again if you cba to go back to page 1
http://video.mpora.com/watch/vEgsdvz7n/
snow report
Whether we like it or not, sideshow bobbers has, as he rightly said, achieved exactly what he set out to do. He openly admitted it early on in the thread and good on him for being honest. Since he initially started a thread which specifically asked people to click on his link - and gave the reasons for it - and the response he got for doing so was being slammed for his spelling and grammar, to be honest I don't really blame him for trying a different method. I personally found it quite amusing, although I'm sure it is not the 'proper' way of doing things. Whatever our feelings on the subject, we have to admit that the length of this thread speaks volumes.

Couple of things that bother me are; a) having a new, young, snowHead open a post only to find himself abused for spelling/grammar with very little in the way of welcome and b) trying again, under slightly dubious means, only to find that the thread trundles on with an age old argument about boarding v skiing (during which the OP again finds himself under fire for his writing) which continues over 5 pages with a brief diversion on whether snowboarders should go anywhere near novice skiers and ends in a debate about trolling.

So, with my new found knowledge, I find myself wondering who is really guilty of trolling? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Charli939 wrote:

So, with my new found knowledge, I find myself wondering who is really guilty of trolling? Toofy Grin

Good troll, you trolling troll!
snow conditions
Charli939, he wasn't 'abused', he was subject to a little harmless p!ss-taking. He rose to it quite well. I thought.
ski holidays
i think i did 2
i know my spelling is poo-poo
i dont really care if people point it out
i can deal with it but right now im going 2 go and sob in my bed Sad

i would say it was harmless wee wee taking but it was unnecessary wee wee taking
and tbh i have quite enjoyed proving that boarding is better than skiing, yet again Razz
thanks anyway Charli939 for sticking up for me Smile
latest report
sideshow bobbers, Aww, bless.
ski holidays
Charli939, an interesting thread on trolls

sorry for trolling Laughing

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=37433&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=troll&start=0
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
sideshow bobbers, Aww, bless.

In a curious Freaky Friday style incident have you swapped personalities with a teenage girl and are now adopting the vernacular?

Whatever next? The suffixing of every sentence with "innit"? The description of "tings" as "well boring"?
ski holidays
Lizzard, i think he did 2 wink

sideshow bobbers, Need tissues? wink Laughing

rayscoops, Good link and interesting reading.... between the lines... Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy