Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski & Board Camp Tignes 08 (Mountain Sun Deal) - October group

Poster: A snowHead
JT, hmmm, yeah probably, but I'm sort of glad I know what the issues were to start with and that those issues will be addressed, so that's fine. Just to clarify JT, are you going in December? Or are you going this month as well? I can't remember.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
VolklAttivaS5,

Just December for me... looking forward to it... Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi guys

Sorry i have not been around for a while but my summer job has been particularly difficult this year Puzzled
I will be back in Tignes this week but not untill Wednesday/Thursday so i ahve asked one of my friends to pop in the chalet and se if he can help you. Hopefully i will be able to meet you all on Friday for a blast & drink Little Angel

Enjoy your trip the snow looks good with more forecast for this week Blush
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have emailed Joanne and have been told that we can book tuition through them when we arrive. The lessons look well structured with video feedback. I will bring the literature with me. Looks like a very good option to me
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx, I know you posted the name of the person you had your tuition with but I can't find the post. Any chance you could post it here please?

Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mogs, It was Kev - he is the lead instructor and Mountain Sun have booked him to do a novice/low intermediate group and a more experienced group. I was lucky - i was the only one in the group so got the best value 1:1 I'll ever get. Make sure Kev knows you want the video feedback, we didn't bother just for me.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stewart woodward, thanks. Look forward to maybe meeting you on Friday. Mogs, thanks again! Not long now. Looks like we might get a little fresh snow on the glacier on Weds. We'll be needing our goggles!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx, Thanks. Sounds really good. I think I will contact Joanne now and provisionally book Kev. Don't know if video feedback is a good thing. Do I really want to see how bad I really am?? Confused Smile

pam w, Yes the forecast is looking good. We may be lucky now. As above I will send Joanne a mail and we can sort out times etc when we get there.

Oh well off to pack now. The only time I love packing is on a ski trip snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Do I really want to see how bad I really am??

When I did a course with video feedback once we were all nervous about this, but he only filmed our legs. Said he wasn't remotely interested in what we were doing with any other part of our anatomy. That made it much less embarassing. It was actually quite good, and really helped you see what you were doing wrong.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, was this The Ski Company course you went on a while back now (when it was called The Ski Company anyway)? Have you been on any others since?

Personally I look forward to having the video feedback because of two reasons, firstly as you have said, because you can see exactly what you are doing or not doing for yourself, and sometimes the only way of it "clicking" is when you see for yourself how you are skiing on video, and secondly, I like to see the change in my own skiing and that of everyone else in my group when we have video feedback again the next day or later on in the week. Great to see everyone getting on and seeing a real improvement, I love that part. Very Happy

The first time you ever see yourself skiing though is quite funny, it makes you think "I didn't know I did that".
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
When I did a course with video feedback once we were all nervous about this, but he only filmed our legs. Said he wasn't remotely interested in what we were doing with any other part of our anatomy.

Sounds a bit suspect to me. I only say that as I know a lot of my problems with sking are to do with my shoulders/hands.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I only say that as I know a lot of my problems with sking are to do with my shoulders/hands.

Elizabeth B, Most of us try to ski on our legs/feet Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Linds, says she with the dodgy wrist rolling eyes wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elizabeth B, that doctrine is the standard "Phil Smith" approach (or it was in those days). It actually works quite well, because telling people too much about what to do with their hands or shoulders ends up making them adopt a "posture" rather than actually focus on what they're doing with their feet. You could look upon it as having the rest of your body dynamically following what your legs are doing right. If you're swinging your shoulders around your legs won't be right. If you stand on a steepish slope and edge both skis equally into the hill your shoulders and arms will either be in the right sort of position or you'll fall over. Or that, at any rate, was the Phil Smith philosophy at the time (the instructor was Dave Peek, if I remember rightly, and it was an excellent course).
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w wrote:
Or that, at any rate, was the Phil Smith philosophy at the time

Still is, and he's still right!
ski holidays
pam w, oh yes I know Dave. He's a lovely bloke. I've not had him as an instructor before though, perhaps I will do when I go back to Tignes in December.

On that note, not long now until we will be there ourselves.
ski holidays
Elizabeth B,
Linds, can ski with her legs ok - its just the apre she has problems with Toofy Grin
latest report
Oi you two, bev bish, Elizabeth B, you picking on me? rolling eyes
ski holidays
Linds, anyone picks on you, I'll biff 'em for you.. Cool
snow report
Quote:

anyone picks on you, I'll biff 'em for you..

Ah, thanks JT, Very Happy
ski holidays
Snow report from all here today. Lovely snow bright sunshine. lots of nice food. Snow forecast for overnight. Some of the runs are closed for the race training but those that are open are quiet and pretty much all to ourselves. No complaints about the chalet considering the cost (excellent value). A very friendly and welcoming reception was received by all. Snow heads editing this with me are VolklAttivaS5, and pam w.
snow report
MarkBe, hello to all, glad its going well Very Happy
latest report
MarkBe, Hi good to hear your having a good time, i am coming out to Tignes a week today, couple of silly questions ; What to wear, is it thickest jackert and lots of layers or more like spring attire also being glacier skiing are the runs fairly short and flat ? Cool Cool
snow report
Rossiboy wrote:
MarkBe,being glacier skiing are the runs fairly short and flat ? Cool Cool

Try Descent Black & steep Toofy Grin If you can ski from the top to the bottom of Rossolin lift without stopping you will deserve a LARGE beer Laughing The down hill boys/girls do it in about 1.30 wink wink
ski holidays
Now i'm getting worried
snow conditions
Rossiboy, there is an easy blue open (Rosollin) and all the Reds are quite wide so as long as you are confident turning you should be fine. Less ice than usual for this time of year I think, just getting a bit exposed on the race areas where the race trainers are repeatedly turning, and you can't get on to those areas until the race trainers have left at lunchtime.
snow report
Joanne Mountainsun, Lovely to meet you at the ski show last night, fancy having a stand situated right next ot a bar Laughing
latest report
Another fantastic day today. After a misty start there was plenty of sun. A flurry of snow overnight freshened things up a bit and the snow is excellent - winter quality, I'd say. Almost everyone up here is on the race training runs so the rest of them are practically empty. The temperature will depend on wind chill - you could easily have -15 or more windchill if the weather turns, though at the moment it's not bad. Ordinary ski wear is fine. We've been very impressed with Kev, from Evolution 2. Excellent instruction, on a piste about 350 metres wide which for the most part the 5 of us had to ourselves. The hotel is warm and comfortable, we're being very well fed and looked after. The red runs up on the top of the Grand Motte are also very wide, and the snow is in great condition, so no problems at all. I had expected skiing in October to be more like summer glacier skiing, but it's not. Not at the moment anyway - the last funicular comes down at about 3pm, and the snow was still fine then.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, great feedback, glad you are happy with Kev Very Happy
latest report
holidayloverxx, he's excellent, isn't he? We have a final session tomorrow. He's had a group of 5, different people with different skiing experience and kept all of us learning steadily and enjoying ourselves.
snow conditions
Off out on Tuesday.
Already know about the extra 10 euro currency charge which was very clear in the booking and conditions.
I cant remember if I paid an insurance extra for the demo ski's last year, can anybody else remember?
Not quite sure what our plans are (apart from going downhill Toofy Grin ) this will depend on weather etc but could anybody PM me some of the instructors numbers in case we try and organise a/some lessons while there?
Gald to hear you have all had a good time with good conditions snowHead
latest report
Linds, ah, as I said I obviously hadn't read about that anyway and to be honest, it's hardly anything in the grand scheme of things with the cost of skiing overall as a hobby, so it was fine one way or another regardless of what it was for.

The guys that did the insurance on the skis paid 1 Euro a day I think, and there is an excess I believe of ? in the event of a claim. I'm sure someone who took out the insurance will elaborate shortly Very Happy

I think the chalet have got a close agreement with Evolution 2 so they should be able to sort something out for you on arrival if you decide to have lessons. I didn't have any lessons so I haven't got any of their telephone numbers.
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5, Thanks for that, we havent spoken about lessons but may change our mind and just see whats available.
latest report
Linds wrote:

Not quite sure what our plans are

Ski and sleep are my plans snowHead
latest report
What about the eating and drinking Laughing
snow conditions
I thought they were compulsory wink
snow conditions
So, that is eat, drink, ski, sleep. What about the hot tub?

snowHead
snow report
Chris Bish, depends on Linds and Bev remembering to pack their snorkels Toofy Grin
ski holidays
All OK. Not a lot of room for water with me in there!

Shall I take a laptop? There is wifi at the chalet, it seems. Getting seriously excited now. And have you seen the snowguess forecast!!! Better find my goggles.

snowHead
ski holidays
I'm trying to finish all my work so that I don't have to take my laptop.....but if there is snowHeads access, then we wouldn't have to talk to each other wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy