Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski & Board Camp Tignes 08 (Mountain Sun Deal) - October group

Poster: A snowHead
So then, the October crew thus far (take two):

FenlandSkier
skisimon
Charlatanefc
vetski
philw
roga
pam w +1
(no transfer needed)
VolklAttivaS5
CathyS ?

Anyone else interested in some tuition being arranged from this group?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 8-05-08 13:57; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To save (more) confusion I've split the main thread into 2 Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
will this clash with PSB ski and snowboard Mondial in L2A?? is there a PSB this year ??
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Given it runs for about 3 months it's bound to but people who have flexibility can time their trips so they don't clash with the PSB.

My holidays, whilst there are plenty of them Toofy Grin , are fixed so I wouldn't be able to do the PSB anyway - this is a great alternative!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rayscoops, I believe the PSB runs the same week as the Mondial du Ski which is run through the autumn half-term (so the week after the proposed October trip - two trips with only one set of flights! Toofy Grin ).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skisimon, top banana, sign me up for both Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skisimon, smart. Amazing what a spot of naval-gazing can do for a young man. Maybe both, don't know yet.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx wrote:

I like the idea of booking Stewart Woodward for lessons

No problems with lessons as i shall be back in Tignes early October as well as a couple of visits over the summer

Should be able to offer some group lessons/clinics once you have sorted out your dates and numbers.

Any questions or specific requirements please PM me.

Stewart
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skisimon, I'm in for October as long as it's just before or just after the PSB so's I can get a two week snow hit.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stewart woodward, thanks very much, looking forward to it. snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Perhaps it would help folks if we knew if there were to be a PSB this year?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Indeed it would. Fingers crossed it happens (although I'll be unable to attend it on the traditional dates). As a replacement of lower value, this trip could morph into a week and could then morph into the PSB if L2A doesn't happen this year. Sad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
forgive my 'hignorance but what happens at boot camp? is it just for the serious downhill racer sorts or can a more modest intermediate join in for a bit of turning practice?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CathyS, there may well be some serious downhill racer types in Tignes. No-one on the above list qualifies. The primary qualification is ability to drink your own body weight in Jaegermeister Shocked Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CathyS, it's just a regular skiing holiday but the kit is included as it's sponsored.
latest report
holidayloverxx, next season by Durex and Jaegermeister
snow conditions
Quote:
No-one on the above list qualifies

vetski, excuse me... you've obviously never seen me in my Lycra outfit!
ski holidays
vetski, indeed, GS and SL more my thing! Having done the speed run in Wengen it really beggars belief that there are loons around who complete 'controlled' turns to travel through a course at those sorts of speeds... Shocked
snow report
skisimon, serious downhill racer? Puzzled I say unto you...'Take me home, Country Roads' and 'Another G&T please'! Laughing
snow report
I'll whack on Eurosport to watch aforementioned loons, in the meantime can I have a G&T here too. Plymouth Gin if you please!
snow conditions
vetski,
Quote:

The primary qualification is ability to drink your own body weight in Jaegermeister

The girl learns fast Wink
snow conditions
FenlandSkier wrote:
To save (more) confusion I've split the main thread into 2 Very Happy

Is this thread for the October half term boot camp trip or is that another one? Very Happy
snow conditions
Well heavens above, boredsurfin, are you planning to join us? We might all talk about bashes past and present, though, so bring your ear plugs! Toofy Grin
snow report
vetski, rolling eyes
Actually I'm in Montalbert that week so I thought I might pop over.
snow conditions
boredsurfin wrote:
vetski, rolling eyes
Actually I'm in Montalbert that week so I thought I might pop over.

That's one bar tab you're going to regret Twisted Evil
latest report
Masque, But I guess the sH event won't be in the school holidays, as per usual Toofy Grin So that bar tab is pretty safe wink
Other events may be available Toofy Grin,
snow report
boredsurfin, You assume much grasshopper Cool
snow report
Masque, ahso Laughing Cool
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hmmm, sounds like fun. miht have to start looking into flights
ski holidays
skisimon, Which week in October is the proposed week and is the 3 day trip planned going to be in the week or over the weekend do we know yet?
ski holidays
I feel I should answer the questions about our autumn offers above now that prices have been agreed:

1. Price structure is follows: September & October - £99, November - £119, December - £139 (plus any weekend or room supplements you require).

2. Weekend supplements will be £15 per person per night for a Friday or a Saturday night.

3. Single occupancy is plus 50%.

4. Prices above for a type C room which has an en suite shower room and wash basin with a shared toilet on the landing. Upgrades to a type B which has full en suite is £4 per person per night. Upgrades to a type A room which has full en suite facilities and a balcony is £6 per person per night. Room sleeping more than two people are always type A rooms, but if there is more than two people in the room the room supplements would be cancelled.

Prices will include: Set time return transfers from Geneva, catered accommodation, use of test equipment (which will be a wider range of manufacturers this time, and including snowboard equipment), and a lift pass.

It is also our intention to make the first weekend of the camp a very special launch weekend - a coach collecting earlier than usual from Geneva on Friday 26th September so arriving at the hotel in time for all to be kitted out. We'd then have a fabulous "gala dinner". This weekend would give people a choice of 2, 3 or 4 nights.

We are limited to taking 16 incoming on the transfer per day (except the first day). It is our intention to make the final weekend a choice of a 3, 4 or 5 day break and taking everyone back on a coach on 14th...(e.g. those wanting to stay only three nights arriving on 11th, those wanting 4 nights to arrive on 10th, those wanting 5 nights arriving 9th) - this may solve your problem of all wanting to come together if that was the plan.

Hope this is helpful until the full details are available - you can PM or email me if you want any clarification.
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, from the other thread (uesless bit of chopping Fenlandskier...

"I was thinking the week before half term (18th -24th October, with half-term being 25th-31st, at least for Gloucestershire and London)."

Don't know about week/weekend yet - depends on people's thoughts. I think a few might be doing a whole week though, so there'll be someone around all the time. Laughing
latest report
skisimon, thanks.

In the meantime though, I read Joanne Mountainsun's post above and gave her a call to ask her about what it was all about.

That opening weekend sounds good on Friday 26th September with the gala dinner, earlier transfer etc being available. 4 night stays are available then as well as 3 nights too as she said above so I might opt for that instead of a few weeks later in the October week....the flights work out nicely too for those days so I've seen, much cheaper than when I looked the other day.

Is anyone else interested in going along for the opening weekend?

Cost wise I've worked out that 4 nights for a single ensuite room flying out Friday 26th and back Tues 30th is £244, plus the flight cost. Obviously it will be less than that for sharing or for non ensuite rooms, or if you don't stay on the weekend.
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, did Joanne tell you what time the transfers are? I'd like to have a look at flights for that weekend...and how much would a shared room be?
snow report
vetski, I'd say the pick up on Friday 26th would be mid afternoon (say around 14:30 - 15:00) and returning each day transfers usually leave resort around 16:00 to serve flights after 19:00 - this year, however, we have two minibuses running to it is anticipated that, should demand require it, we'll have one bus leaving resort around 14:00 to serve flights from 19:00 onwards, and one leaving 16:00 to serve flights after 21:00.

All these kind of details will be available on the website once it's launched in a couple of weeks.
snow conditions
vetski, she doesn't know for definite yet, but said to me that the flight on the 26th September should land no later than 2.00pm because they want to get everybody transferred to the chalet to get kitted out with the test stuff and for the gala dinner quite early, so on that basis we should be at the chalet for say 6pm.

On the Tuesday 30th they will be doing a couple of transfers she said to coincide with flights about 6.30ish pm and 9ish pm. I have looked at flying with BA on 26th Sept dep 09.00 arr 11.35 (although admittedly would have a bit of a wait before the transfer) and 30th Sept dep 18.30 arr 19.30 (so can ski until lunchtime of the Tues) and thats coming in at £83.60. Alternatively I looked at Heathrow with BA and that was 11.40-14.20 so no wait and 18.40-19.25 but that one was £121.50 when I had a look earlier on. BA looks the best choice though as no extra costs for taking my skis.

Cost wise for a shared room I should think it would be £178 p.p including an ensuite based on my workings but give her a ring to be on the safe side to be honest, I might have got that wrong.

She did mention that they want to make a big thing out of the opening weekend this time so I'm thinking it could be a good weekend to go....
latest report
vetski, Just seen Joanne Mountainsun's post above after I had written mine-all details in hers as required! snowHead
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5, yes, that's what I'm thinking too...plus it would reduce the wait time to get back on snow to under 5 months! And we could take our matching skis (though if there's plenty of test stuff that we don't have to return halfway through the day, I might not bother taking my own with me).

Joanne Mountainsun, thanks for that - I hope the site's robust, at this rate we'll all be leaping on it at the same time like a pride of starving lions!
ski holidays
vetski, yes, certainly!

I will be taking my skis and boots-BA carry them for no extra money after all and also if its busy that weekend we might only be able to use the test stuff for limited periods of time. The only snag is that its a bit of a wait at Geneva for the transfer at 2.30-3.00pm if the flight gets in at 11.35, then again by the time you've got your luggage etc and had lunch I suppose...and then a few drinks of course, then the time would probably fly by....what do you reckon? The other flight might be a smidgen too late and is nearly £40 more too. That one for £83.60 is the cheapest flight I could find, have you seen anything better?

If you are up for going the same weekend and if you go on the same flight you can tell me all about the EoSB-I'm going to go on that next year and the SBB end January to Ischgl if that's where they end up going.
ski holidays
Joanne Mountainsun, any chance of the transfer out to be more like 12.30ish, 1ish to coincide with morning flights, there seems to be quite a few morning flights available from what I have gathered.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy