Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski & Board Camp Tignes 08 (Mountain Sun Deal)-December group CHECK YOUR NAMES PLS

Poster: A snowHead
skisimon, any idea of the dates of that week?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Guys, Please miss half term week as the glacier will be full of kids/race teams and the queues will be big Sad It's not too bad if you plan your day as most of the race teams have finished by lunchtime.

I will be here all autumn so hopefully we can meet up for a few beers Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stewart woodward wrote:
Hi Guys, Please miss half term week as the glacier will be full of kids/race teams and the queues will be big

He's not kidding. This was taken the week after half-term (which I think coincides with an Italian bank holiday), so it's worth thinking about when the crowds will be a little bit smaller.

snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar,

As you can see from Rob's picture the crowds at 08.15 can be big, the Funiculaire opens at 08.30. By 09.00am there would be no queue so have a lay in and avoid the queue wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stewart woodward, the first train always has an insane queue, which is much quieter after second and third trains up the hill (but only because everyone is already on the glacier forming queues for the lifts up there!). Sadly Emma didn't seem to be very keen on us having a lay-in (and not all of us had Trainers passes Wink) so it was part of the daily routine to take part in the madness that is the first train queue.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is that the October half term week? If so what are the opening times by then? If slopes are open all afternoon a later start isn't too much of an issue.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Colin B, First train up is at 8.30, last train back down is at 3.30 (4.00?). Queues on the glacier can be bad during the morning if there are a lot of junior race clubs there (at its worst during various school holidays), but as Stewart said, most of the clubs starting packing away by midday, so the afternoon is a much quieter time to ski.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, Thanks, toying with the idea of perhaps taking my daughter then.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skisimon, how about the week after, when conditions might be a bit better?

Would it be possible to get stewart and/or colleagues to do some intensive private tuition; more to the point than just cruising around on the glacier at that time of year. If we come we wouldn't need a transfer, as we'd be in the Alps for our Autumn fix anyway.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
early December possibilities continued:

holidayloverxx, (+1 not looking likely)
rayscoops,
Agenterre,
missus A
JT,
Colin B,
Roger C, (+ 2?)
FenlandSkier,
jmdohanlon,
maggi,
thumbstruck
Rednose
Hodude
vetski (+ 1?)
T Bar
Roga
Hofmeister (+ 2?)
Eeyore
(Yay!)

I like the idea of booking Stewart Woodward for lessons
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx my +2 are both up for it!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Roger C done Very Happy

rayscoops,
Agenterre,
missus A
JT,
Colin B,
Roger C, (+ 2 def)
FenlandSkier,
jmdohanlon,
maggi,
thumbstruck
Rednose
Hodude
vetski (+ 1?)
T Bar
Roga
Hofmeister (+ 2?)
Eeyore
(Yay!)

I like the idea of booking Stewart Woodward for lessons
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I definitely don't want to go anytime the queue is like the one in the picture above; I don't generally do lift queues. The last time I faced anything like that was in Le Tour, Chamonix - first to buy a lift pass, then a second scrum to get on the actual lift. Mid January. Call me lacking in character but I'd never ski again if I had to do anything like that more than once every 10 years. I have skied on the L2A glacier in summer, and that was fine; no more than a few minutes queuing.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When do the non-glacier slopes open? By early December I'm guessing there should be quite a bit.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skisimon, I'll be doing it during half-term, at least when it's half-term here in Bristol, but the dates may vary from area to area.

BTW, I went during the last October half-term and I didn't think the queues were a problem at all Puzzled
snow report
holidayloverxx, please take me off the December list - can't do December...
ski holidays
That queue in the picture represents pretty much everybody in the resort.
snow report
Roger that Roga

rayscoops,
Agenterre,
missus A
JT,
Colin B,
Roger C, (+ 2 def)
FenlandSkier,
jmdohanlon,
maggi,
thumbstruck
Rednose
Hodude
vetski (+ 1?)
T Bar
Hofmeister (+ 2?)
Eeyore
(Yay!)
snow report
Colin B, Last year we went around 4th December - loadsa snow. The lower runs back to Tignes les Boisses weren't open but pretty much everything from the main area was. Fingers crossed for this year Very Happy
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, that time last year i was up to my belly button in pow in St Anton (and i was not laying down !), lets hope for the same Very Happy
snow report
I was thinking the week before half term (18th -24th October, with half-term being 25th-31st, at least for Gloucestershire and London). I've contacted Joanne about something else, and she said that prices go up from the start of November.
latest report
holidayloverxx, I'm definitely interested in the December trip, so would you add my name to your list.
ski holidays
skisimon wrote:
I was thinking the week before half term (18th -24th October, with half-term being 25th-31st, at least for Gloucestershire and London). I've contacted Joanne about something else, and she said that prices go up from the start of November.

..but so will the snow depths, hopefully Very Happy
ski holidays

rayscoops,
Agenterre,
missus A
JT,
Colin B,
Roger C, (+ 2 def)
FenlandSkier,
jmdohanlon,
maggi,
thumbstruck
Rednose
Hodude
vetski (+ 1?)
T Bar
Hofmeister (+ 2?)
Eeyore
rich.ll
snow report
holidayloverxx, you don't go glacier skiing for the snow depths... wink
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, Put me down as interested for December as well please Very Happy
snow report
skisimon, In December we won't have to wink (I hope)
snow conditions
Aye, aye Very Happy

rayscoops,
Agenterre,
missus A
JT,
Colin B,
Roger C, (+ 2 def)
FenlandSkier,
jmdohanlon,
maggi,
thumbstruck
Rednose
Hodude
vetski (+ 1?)
T Bar
Hofmeister (+ 2?)
Eeyore
rich.ll
II
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skisimon, we'd be interested in an October week if we could fix up tuition too - small groups rather than one to one, from the cost point of view. Two of us sharing, no transfer needed.
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
Roger that Roga

LOL, thanks Toofy Grin
snow conditions
pam w, I'll have a look into options for small group tuition (all three days or just a couple of hours?), I might actually have a couple of guys with me if my plans for the half-term week reach fruition.
latest report
I'd most likely be up for both the October and December trips. Got to beat this seasons number of days next season!

Not too fussed on tuition, will make a good warm up for the coming winter!
snow report
You do realise you have to get up in the morning to ski though philw, no wussing out in bed with a hangover wink
latest report
holidayloverxx, can you add me & MrJo to your December list, please snowHead
snow report
FenlandSkier, I'll just have to avoid the Jagerbombs with you and the lardies!
ski holidays
philw wrote:
...avoid the Jagerbombs...

Does not compute
snow conditions
FenlandSkier wrote:
philw wrote:
...avoid the Jagerbombs...

Does not compute

Very Happy

As, I think you said, I can drink with the boys, can ski faster than the boys, just not in that order! Ski first drink later!
snow conditions
philw, did you notice my cunning technique to knobble you for the race wink Worked too.
snow report
FenlandSkier, I did have that feeling, but, I really wasn't too fussed by the race it's not why I ski! (Hmmmmm, I wonder how many people will believe that statement!)
ski holidays
And you weren't really dissappointed that the batteries were flat in the GPS either Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy