Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski & Board Camp Tignes 08 (Mountain Sun Deal)-December group CHECK YOUR NAMES PLS

Poster: A snowHead
So, back from the Bash for 2 days and I have discovered that the wonderful people at Mountain Sun are hosting the Ski & Board Camp 2008. Dates are from 27th September - 14th December. Similar deal to the Atomic Boot Camp in 07. Website comign soon at http://www.skiandboardcamp.com.

Anyone interested in December?

"3 Days Fully Catered Skiing or Snowboarding from £99!
That's right rub your eyes and check the price again - From just £99 for 3 nights catered accommodation and 3 days skiing or snowboarding.

Included in the price:
Transfers from Geneva
Accommodation
Lift pass
Breakfast, afternoon tea, dinner
Use of the hot tub and sauna
Access to Test Equipment (Skis/Boots/Boards/Bindings)

Not included in the price:
Flights
Insurance
Hire of non-test equipment

How to book

All bookings will be handled by Mountain Sun Ltd.
You can contact them on 07704 181351
Or you can email them on chalet@skiandboardcamp.com"

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 14-08-08 12:57; edited 5 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mmmmmmmmmm.....................
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
...choose the dates .... early Dec for us out of preference .... rock on ... snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx,

Defo interested... I want to do some pre-season practice...no special camps as such, but good fast fun on-piste to get some drills going for the season. I never seem to do enough of this. I would also consider the PSB...or whatever form that comes in this year.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ooh yes please. Will have to look into a weekend in early December.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Outward on 11th December (thursday) is good for me. The idea is that you get an early evening flight, the transfer is pretty late to be honest because it is the return journey after the drop offs at Geneva (but it is included) and you arrive at the chalet around 2.00 am (ish).

Ski Fri/Sat/Sun and then get the transfer back late afternoon on Sunday for late evening flight back

I will PM Joanne at Mountain Sun.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx wrote:
Outward on 11th December (thursday) is good for me. The idea is that you get an early evening flight, the transfer is pretty late to be honest because it is the return journey after the drop offs at Geneva (but it is included) and you arrive at the chalet around 2.00 am (ish).

Ski Fri/Sat/Sun and then get the transfer back late afternoon on Sunday for late evening flight back

I will PM Joanne at Mountain Sun.

sounds good to me, deffo interested
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Full details of the camp will be available within the next couple of weeks - the finer details being ironed out this week and the website will be launched in a couple of weeks time. Capacity will be increased this time to cope with demand a little better and we will, therefore, be running two buses daily. Transfers usually ready to leave Geneva 19:30 (arriving around 22:30) or 21:30 (arriving after midnight) but exact timing depend on demand for the day.

Hopefully we will be ready to get this on sale by mid/end of May. It will run through October, November and much of December...

You can email me at mountain.sun:virgin.net if you wish to go onto our mailing list (if you're not already on it) as details will go out to the list before any advertising goes ahead.

Regards

Joanne
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Joanne Mountainsun, thanks for your quick reply - I've emailed you. Great news about the extra transfer bus.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx I have been starting to plan next season's trips and this sounds ideal (and unbeatable value Very Happy Very Happy )

those dates would suit us, keep me informed, I have also sent a pm to Joanne
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Joanne Mountainsun, that email address does not seem to work ????
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rayscoops, there is a colon instead of @ in between sun & virgin.

this is the correct email: mountain.sun@virgin.net
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
you know...... I might even go twice Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, only twice ?? Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I am interested in the Dec trip... it would be fun if we had a small group, IMV
snow report
When Joanne comes back with firm details I will see if I can pull together a tripette.
snow report
JT wrote:
I am interested in the Dec trip... it would be fun if we had a small group, IMV

even more fun if we had a big group Very Happy
snow report
rayscoops, one has to consider transfer bus space though. Nothing stopping peeps doing a car share, but that adds to the cost.
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, good point
latest report
holidayloverxx, put me down as interested in an early Dec tripette Very Happy a Sep one too could take the edge off a ski-less summer.
ski holidays
i think last year the weekends cost a bit more than £99, anyone know how much?
ski holidays
I'd be up for something in September or October, I won't be around in December.
snow conditions
Ooooh - me, me, me!!!

Due to other commitments (probably a winter trip diving in the Maldives or similar to keep SWMBO happy, life's tough Madeye-Smiley ) I probably won't be able to squeeze in the regualtion two ski trips next winter. Something like this would be a great little filler.

Early December should be OK with me.

Jon.
snow conditions
Roger C, we need to wait for Joanne to get back to us in a couple of weeks when the pricing is set. There is a basic price of £99 and variations can/will include weekends, single supplements, pricing of lift pass if it crosses the early/mid season cut off but the actual variations can't be set till the Mountain Sun management have met later this week.
snow report
holidayloverxx, plus the winter flight schedules are not out yet !!
ski holidays
skisimon, there'll be folks also wanting to go earlier.

4th and/or 11th Dec sounding good for me at the mo'
snow report
rayscoops, good thinking - need to keep a weather eye out
snow report
holidayloverxx, count me in too. And husband. We went in December last year and had oodles of snow!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
and just to be nice:

September/October (but I can't co-ordinate that one):
skisimon,
FenlandSkier
Charlatanefc

edit: stuffed this one up. I meant to quote and have deleted the December lot - twice rolling eyes see page 2 onwards for current list.....

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 30-04-08 22:12; edited 6 times in total
ski holidays
I like the sound of this....not sure when though snowHead
snow report
holidayloverxx, Thanks for that, either of those weekends would suit me. I'll probably be alone so if there's anyone else looking to share.
snow conditions
holidayloverxx looking forward to it already! I will probably have a couple of friends with me as well Very Happy
snow report
holidayloverxx,

Well done. Dec sounds good,
snow report
hmmm....

(just thenn this thread appears in my list of threads and I can fid the details again.....)
snow report
nbt wrote:
hmmm....

(just thenn this thread appears in my list of threads and I can fid the details again.....)

even for you that's terrible! Is it meant to be an expression of interest? Laughing
snow conditions
well, I'd certainly like to go. COst seems reasonable - but getting to and from geneva airport is the hard bit Smile
snow report
nbt, not when the mini-bus transfer is included in the price Very Happy (or do you mean by plane?)
snow conditions
I mean by plane. We live near Manchester airport, but it appears we normally have to travel half way across the UK to get a direct flight to geneva Sad

BTW on our trip last week we net a very nice lady who came out on the boot camp last year and had nothing but praise for the people of Mountain Sun
ski holidays
maggi, great stuff, I went in Dec too - fingers crossed, eh Very Happy

So for December (which I'm happy to co-ordinate) it's looking like (so far):

holidayloverxx, (+1?)
rayscoops,
Agenterre,
missus A
JT,
Colin B,
Roger C, (+ 2?)
FenlandSkier,
jmdohanlon,
maggi,
thumbstruck
Hodude

September/October (but I can't co-ordinate that one):
skisimon,
FenlandSkier,
snow report
I'm a definite maybe for Dec. I might come with my sister or I might need a roommate (same gender, Colin B, sorry). I did want to do it Dec 07, but the dates didn't work out.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy