Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hydration systems. Why?

Poster: A snowHead
thefatcontroller wrote:
... or do Merthyr boys always feel the need for a fight

This Merthyr boy doesn't, but I do like to think I can exercise a bit of respect when I disagree with something posted by a fellow snowHead.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:

This Merthyr boy doesn't, but I do like to think I can exercise a bit of respect when I disagree with something posted by a fellow snowHead.

Exactly, that is what I am suggesting Mr H does.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thefatcontroller wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:

Exactly, that is what I am suggesting Mr H does.

Respect is normally a two way process Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller wrote:
alex_heney, As I said get over yourself rolling eyes Laughing . Express an opinon not insults

Of course. That is exactly what I almost always do, and have done in this thread.

I'm not sure where you think I have posted an insult, as such.

Quote:

or do Merthyr boys always feel the need for a fight Laughing Laughing

I very much consider myself not a "Merthyr boy" Sad If I had realised just how bad Merthyr is, I would very possibly not have moved so close to it.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 28-04-08 9:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller wrote:
alex_heney wrote:
Because, of course, I was NOT wrong.

Yeah right, whatever, Coke is calorie free according to alex_heney

What utter rubbish.

In fact, given what I have posted, that is bordering on being an outright lie.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
alex_heney wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:
alex_heney wrote:
Because, of course, I was NOT wrong.

Yeah right, whatever, Coke is calorie free according to alex_heney

What utter rubbish.

In fact, given what I have opsted, that is biordering on being an outright lie.

Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:

Agreed.

But, yes, I do sometimes get a little heated when I feel somebody is being derogatory about things that others choose to do, which harm nobody.

None of us are always as good as we like to think we are Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In a debate about Camelbak's it was inevitable that someome would get the hump Embarassed

Have a word with yourselves girls.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
alex_heney wrote:
But, yes, I do sometimes get a little heated when I feel somebody is being derogatory about things that others choose to do, which harm nobody.

Stop trying to make yourself out to be some sort of internet robin hood. Its ok, if it will stop you posting (so you can go back and program some code), I will say you are my hero and my life is now changed forever for having read your postings. There happy now?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
In a debate about Camelbak's it was inevitable that someome would get the hump Embarassed

Groan! Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Who needs religion and politics when we've got Camelbacks? Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thefatcontroller wrote:
alex_heney wrote:

Stop trying to make yourself out to be some sort of internet robin hood.

Sorry, I can't stop doing something I have never done wink

It is just my personal beliefs and feelings.

Quote:

Its ok, if it will stop you posting (so you can go back and program some code), I will say you are my hero and my life is now changed forever for having read your postings. There happy now?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But I'm not asking you to like or agree with me.

I just find it irritating when you (or anybody else) post things that make it look as if you want to control what others do, unless of course, you feel they are negatively affecting others by what they do.

And I suspect that you don't actually want to so control people, it is just the way it comes across (to me at least) in some of your posts.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alex_heney, As I said, get over yourself and go do some work. I am entitled to my opinion and the fact that you don't like it at times, I don't give a fork about snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Liars!!

oooppss...sorry...wrong thread...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
alex_heney,
Quote:
If you don;t often feel thirsty when skiing, then a hydration bladder is indeed pointless for you.

You can be dehydrated long before you feel thirsty. The idea is to not get a dry mouth and the feeling of thirst in the first place. Don't wait until you feel thirsty to drink.
snow conditions
PJSki, Leave alex_heney alone. He is an expert on hydration and non calorific sugar filled drinks Laughing
ski holidays
snowaddict wrote:
When I first got my bladder I used it for hill walking. I was amazed at how much better I felt using it. In actual fact, I was drinking less than if I used bottles yet I felt much better and fresher when using it. I think I tended to only drink water from bottles when I was starting to feel really thirsty which is the wrong thing to do because if you're getting very thirsty your body is starting to dehydrate. Of course it was linked with having to stop and take a bottle out etc which is a hassle. With the bladder I have a few sips here and there, never have to worry about stopping and am obviously much better hydrated compared to what I used to be with carrying bottles.

exactly,

I used one for the first time last week and i would rather have a squidgy bag of water in my backpack that I can have a quick sip from at any time ...... than a bottle of water rattling around that I have to fish out every time i wanted a drink.
snow report
thefatcontroller wrote:
PJSki, Leave alex_heney alone. He is an expert on hydration and non calorific sugar filled drinks Laughing

I'll take that in the spirit I hope it was meant (no bold, see Smile ) snowHead
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:

Have a word with yourselves girls.

that really sucks wink
snow conditions
As long as youTube doesn't freeze Cool
snow report
Scarpa wrote:
As long as youTube doesn't freeze Cool

For the gear junkies http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/deuter_streamer_tube_insulator/
latest report
PisteHead, Never found the insulation on mine (either a da kine or a camelbak) that brilliant, still need to blow-back, and the da kine valve freezes easily.
snow report
The system on my BCA Stash pack (tube is zipped into the shoulder strap as well has having foam insulation) seems to work well. It has never frozen in normal winter conditions, although I will blow-back if it's very cold.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy