Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

rights when airline cancel flights?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
does anyone know my rights when my flight is cancelled?

sat in a novotel, due to easyjet cancelling my geneva to liverpool flight this evening. this is due to bad weather, so 'not their fault'.

the next flight they can get us on is midday to east midlands.

the customer service rep said they would pay for a hotel, but they weren't sure about dinner & breakfast.

they also said they won't pay for us to get from east midlands to liverpool where my car is.

does anyone know what rights I have? I believe there is a law or something which defines passengers rights?

thanks,

greg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, This might be useful from the Air Transport Users Council
http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=306&pagetype=90&pageid=9367
They can probably get away with paying very little compensation as 'weather' is listed as one of the extraordinary circumstances.
Good Luck Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
New regulations were introduced a few years ago... I pulled this off the Commission for Aviation website, which i think is irish, but its an EC reg, so would apply...
---------
Cancellations

Your rights in the event of a flight cancellation depend on when you are informed of the cancellation - it is for the airline to show whether and when the notification took place. In the event of a cancellation without prior warning, the air carrier shall provide a written notice setting out the rules for assistance in line with the Regulation. In addition, a sign must be displayed at the check-in area referring to air passenger rights under the Regulation.

Passengers affected by a cancellation should be offered the choice between:

Reimbursement of the full cost of the ticket for the parts of the journey not made, and
Re-routing under comparable transport conditions to their final destination at the earliest opportunity. Re-routing may also be at a later date at the passenger’s convenience, subject to the availability of seats.

If the cancelled flight is one part of a multi-sector flight (a connecting flight) and the passenger has already made part of the journey, he/she may be reimbursed for the part of the journey already made if it no longer serves any purpose in relation to the original travel plan. A return flight to the point of first departure must also be offered in these cases.
Passengers must also be offered care and assistance free of charge while waiting for their rerouted flight– specifically, meals and refreshments in reasonable relation to the waiting time, hotel accommodation in cases where an overnight stay becomes necessary, transport between the airport and place of accommodation and two telephone calls, emails, faxes or telexes.

Financial compensation may also be payable in cases of flight cancellation, unless one of the circumstances below applies:

The airline can prove that it was caused by extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. The Regulation gives the following examples of circumstances which may fall within this exception: political instability, weather conditions incompatible with the operation of the flight, security risks, unexpected flight safety shortcomings and strikes that affect the operation of the air carrier.

Adequate notice of the cancellation was given. No compensation is payable in the following circumstances:
Notification Rerouting (if applicable)
2 weeks or more before scheduled departure
Between 2 weeks and seven days before the scheduled departure time Departing no more than 2 hours before the scheduled time of departure and arriving less than 4 hours after the schedule time of arrival
Less than 7 days before the scheduled departure time Departing no more than 1 hour before the scheduled time of departure and arriving less than 2 hours after the scheduled time of arrival

Where financial compensation is payable, but the rerouting offered would allow the passenger to arrive at his destination close to the original planned arrival time, then the compensation involved may be reduced by 50%. Therefore, the breakdown of compensation payable is as follows:

Length of flight Delay to Destination Compensation
1500 km or less Up to 2 hours/Over 2 hours €125/€250
Intra-Community flights of more than 1500 km and all other flights between 1500 km and 3500 km Up to 3 hours/Over 3 hours €200/€400
All other flights not falling within the two categories above Up to 4 hours/Over 4 hours €300/€600
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here's a link to the original press release announcing the changes, which may be useful..

http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=IP/05/181&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en#fn1

It also includes this 'faq' ...

"12. What can I do if the airline refuses me my rights?

You should address a complaint to the national authorities designated by each Member State. For the names and the addresses of these, you can call the free-phone number: 00800 67891011, or send an e-mail to the following address: mail@europe-direct.ec.europa.eu.
The list of the authorities is also available on Internet at:
http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air/rights/doc/2005_01_31_national_enforcement_bodies_en.pdf ."
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, Here's a link to easyJet's policy on cancellations and delays
http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Book/regulations.html#delays
Importantly - note that they have to transport you to your final destination - not just another UK airport - so I would assume that they would have to pay for you to get back to Liverpool. You should also be given money or vouchers for meals and hotel.

2. If your flight is cancelled as a result of extraordinary circumstances

If your flight is cancelled as a result of extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even though we took all reasonable steps , including but not limited to:

* Air Traffic Control
* Weather
* Civil unrest
* Terrorist alerts and Security alerts
* Strike Action
* Unexpected flight safety shortcomings

easyJet will not compensate you further other than providing you with one of the following options (“Re-routing and Reimbursement Options”):

You will be offered:

1. Re-routing to your final destination at the earliest opportunity; or

2. Re-routing to your final destination at later date at your convenience and subject to availability; or

3. A refund of the fare paid for the journey not made. Additionally, where relevant, we will offer a return flight to the first point of departure at the earliest available time.

In addition, you will be offered free of charge two telephone calls, or telex or fax messages or emails.

Where you choose to be re-routed at the earliest opportunity:

1. You will be provided with meals and refreshments (or vouchers) in a reasonable relation to your waiting time; and

2. If an overnight stay is required because the reasonably expected time of departure is at least the day after the time of departure previously announced, easyJet shall offer you hotel accommodation and transport between the airport and the hotel (within reason).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thx. so hotel/food seems ok, but still not clear on claiming costs from east midlands to liverpool, seems to be a grey area???
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski, I would definately push for costs from East Midlands to Liverpool. Often with airlines if you don't insist they won't offer. Your final destination is Liverpool so they either have to put you on a flight to Liverpool or get you there from wherever you land.

Edit to include this from the Air Transport Users Council again

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=306&pagetype=90&pageid=4410

Under EU law you are entitled to

Re-routing to your final destination as soon as possible or, if you agree, at a later date. (If the airline flies you to another airport in your destination city then they must pay for the transfer to the airport you were booked for or to another close-by point of your choice)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When jet2 changed our flight from salzburg to munich they told us they were a point to point airline and there only obligation was to get us from and to the airports we had booked even if it is by bus. Would imagine ej are obliged to get you to destination airport the same.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a friend due to fly on the same flight, he wandered back into the pub in cham 8hrs after getting the bus to the airport. Offered the earliest flight to Liverpool on Wednesday! offered hotel cost.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy