Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

£610 wasted?

Poster: A snowHead
Jerry, Sky or BBC doesn't really matter anymore now that everything is digital it you get one you get the other. There will 100% be a place to watch the match.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
plectrum, Yeah true enough, and I'm sure there will.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whitegold wrote:

2. Try and get to a uni in London or the Home Counties. Northern culture and poverty will drag you down.

Who rattled your cage you cheeky southern sod ?

Sheffield? Durham? Scottish Universities?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Northern culture and poverty will drag you down.

Having been to Sheffield University in the mid-80s (miners strike, steel mill closures) I can safely say that you are a worthless offensive little tit. Twisted Evil
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lizzard, JanA, ignore him, if he seriously believes those stereotypes then he needs help
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kristof, Indeed - If ever the comment in my first post needed justification (Which was tongue-in-cheek, but obviously didn't need to be) rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Matt Exley wrote:
vetskiDo you think it's worth sacrificing the university life and the degree from a well known university to save the money?

No way, Jose. As others have said, the experience of student life is a great one, and you can't get it living at home. Also, graduates are 2 a penny; if you wish to be taken seriously in the job market, get a decent degree in a proper subject and, most importantly, from a decent uni. Whatever the rights and wrongs (and there are more wrongs than rights in this case), in general, employers are not impressed by ex polys and other institutions preceived as second best. Get to a decent uni, have a good time and the £10000 will take care of itself eventually (easy for me to say, I actually got a grant to go to uni).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kristof wrote:
Lizzard, JanA, ignore him, if he seriously believes those stereotypes then he needs help

Don't just take my word for it wink

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article976151.ece
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whitegold, that's right, we're all going the believe The Sun instead. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Such faux-snobbery is laughable.

Try this one, instead:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/buckinghamshire-is-best-county-802353.html
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hahaha!
Anyway, can't hang around here, got to go and feed me kestrel Wink

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 30-03-08 22:05; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jerry, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lizzard Glad you enjoyed your experience in Sheffield, my son graduated from there last year and thoroughly enjoyed it too.

Getting the discussion back on track to Matt Exleys‘s personal choices and sports interests, Sheffield takes some beating;

Within a 40-50 mile radius :–
2 indoor snow slopes and at least one dry ski slope.
Two ‘Decathlon’ French sports stores for all that cheap gear.
Peak District National Park for walking / rock climbing / potholing
‘The Foundry’ - one of UK’s best indoor climbing walls.
The new Don Valley ice stadium – I think that both rinks in it are ‘full size' for Ice Hockey etc.
And then there’s all the other sports facilities in Don Valley. Barnsley’s just down the road too,

Bah …I forgot, it’s grim up north *kicks whippet*
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Matt, don't let these chippy northern types or soft southerners persuade you one way or the other. Pick the place you fancy most from among the best half dozen places that might have you.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 31-03-08 13:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JanA wrote:
Barnsley’s just down the road too,
That's just the best comment I've ever heard about Sheffield Laughing Laughing

richmond, Think you're confusing me with Matt, there aren't half a dozen places that would have me wink

Anyway, stuff the Uni! WHERE'S HE GOING TO WATCH THE MATCH!!! Laughing
ski holidays
Right getting this thread back on topic to more important maters

Matt Exley, The game is Live on Italian Sky Calcio 10, doesnt look like it clashes with any serie A game so try and find somewhere with Italian sky. Sometimes the games are broadcast with a choice of language so you may even get the UK commentary.

I would use the back up plan from Jerry, or PM me and I can point you in one direction
snow report
Jerry, sorry.
snow conditions
Whitegold wrote:
Such faux-snobbery is laughable.

Try this one, instead:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/buckinghamshire-is-best-county-802353.html

Depends what you want out of life http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=16018&
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Hehehe! Were threads funnier in those days ? Laughing
latest report
Whitegold wrote:

2. Try and get to a uni in London or the Home Counties. Northern culture and poverty will drag you down.

rolling eyes sheesh, do people really think like this? You know what drags me down, reading posts like this...

D
snow report
Deliaskis, your locations speak for themselves wink
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, I have on occasion left those locations wink !

D
snow report
Gilberts Fridge, thanks for that info, that should be really handy, now the Italians might understand me rather than just give me a puzzled look when I say Barnsley!
snow conditions
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

Northern culture and poverty will drag you down.

Having been to Sheffield University in the mid-80s (miners strike, steel mill closures) I can safely say that you are a worthless offensive little tit. Twisted Evil

I went there 88-91 and second the comment
ski holidays
Lizzard wrote:
Having been to Sheffield University in the mid-80s (miners strike, steel mill closures) I can safely say that you are a worthless offensive little tit.

Good to know that you learnt something there.
latest report
dan100,
Quote:

and second the comment

Thirded. I have good friends who live in Sheffield, visit a lot, and have found the city and its gorgeous environs to be exceptionally civilised. I'm a bit of a kulcher vulcher and there is absolutely no shortage of interesting things to see and hear.
snow conditions
Whitegold probably thinks Sheffield wednesday is a Bank Holiday. Wink
latest report
Well, if anyone fancies a move to the former steel city, have a snout at this: http://212.50.188.105/cgi-win/vebra.cgi?details1?src=agent&PropertyCode=1104002/DOBCR/27316/2

My Granny's house, for sale for the first time in 40 years. Absolutely cracking garden.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard, jolly nice too! Toofy Grin I think the price alone reflects that Sheffield is far from being the dump that Whitegold describes.
snow conditions
Excellent pimp - with a difference Wink Laughing . Garden does look lovely.
ski holidays
GrahamN, Laughing Laughing I should make it clear that I don't stand to gain from the sale. Or at least not until my parents decide to pass the inheritance on, so I hope to wait another 40 years or so for it.
snow report
I'm back from Aprica. I'm glad I've discovered that La Clusaz is a really nice resort compared to Aprica which is a complete crap hole! On the first day there was some good off piste skiing and the snow was good, but when it rained constantly for the next four days and the resort was closed for one day I started to wish I was in La Clusaz. As for the ski area, it was basic, not a lot of runs, went down two black runs that should not be allowed to be graded as black runs, I've been down harder reds. The village itself reminded me of a graveyard, all you could do was feel sorry for the people that had anything to do with the buildings. The Hotel Bozzi that we stayed in shouldn't be called a hotel, it was more like a hostel, i'd be surprised if they get business from anyone else other than schools. Despite all this, I still went skiing for a week Very Happy
latest report
Matt Exley, how did Barnsley get on ?? Laughing
snow report
rayscoops,

Laughing Laughing

"Kick me when I'm down!" Toofy Grin
snow report
rayscoops, Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Matt Exley,

You win some, you lose some. That's skiing
ski holidays
Matt Exley, believe me, I was as gutted as you Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Quote:
"Kick me when I'm down!" Toofy Grin

Naturally. It's so much easier than kicking someone when they're in mid-air. Twisted Evil
snow report
Anyway Matt, you missed 'nowt at Wembley, and the song of the night at Watford last week was "F*** the cup, we're staying up!" Laughing

Rayscoops, I did wonder looking at your location. Congrats by the way, see you in the Championship.
snow report
Jerry wrote:
Anyway Matt, you missed 'nowt at Wembley, and the song of the night at Watford last week was "F*** the cup, we're staying up!" Laughing

Rayscoops, I did wonder looking at your location. Congrats by the way, see you in the Championship.

I hope so, especially as you pipped us at Cardiff in the first place to get where you are, but it was a good day out and the locals hated having over 30,000 Jacks up there
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy