Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The 'BEST SKIING in the ALPS EVER last WEEKEND it's all turned to porridge now suckers' THREAD.

Poster: A snowHead
Everything has gone blue, i i chose to spend the day working.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spyderjon, not cold, just chilly Laughing and yup, gotta love it when everyone else looks out the window and wimps out - including my father and brother, who then refused to believe me when I told them how good the skiing was - complete lack of dedication Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Didn't take my camera - I'm hoping some of the photos my friends took get sent to me - if so I'll post some (with permission).
Mind you, Saturday was avalanche level 4.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 25-03-08 20:47; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
these pics "nicked" from the La Ros thread....

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It was all going so well - and this was within 100m of the piste, fresh tracks all day:

But then, unfortunately, I took the snowHead motto a bit literally:

Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Blimey, my arousal levels are peaking at the sight of some of these photos! Wish I was out there... Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I hate you all! Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's warming up, fast.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well, La Grave finally started revealing its secrets this weekend.

After a day of dumping in zero vis, the following bluebird day was huge fun, with rather a lot of this...

Once that was out of our system, we got some of this...

The following day the glacier opened...yee ha!

That pitch was actually well over twice as long as you can see there - so long you couldn't see all of it at once. And we'd had hundreds of freshie turns prior to that. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

which led into this...

Then in the afternoon we got some of this...

...this...

and then this...

I'm having a tough time thinking of a better day....ever!!!!!

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boom, Boom, Boom here in Sham at 5,45pm. There are few people here so i'd take it the sudden warm afternoon has made things real dangerous.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GrahamN, thanks to your pics, this thread is far more useful! Freshies in La Voute would, indeed, be pretty tasty
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arno, unfortunately La Voute had been pretty heavily skied by the time we got there - still plenty fluffy, but just rather chopped up. I think we did though manage to find the occasional pristine bit along the side. It was the approach to Chirouse that was km of untouched snow.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GrahamN,

Looks fab... great pics
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just back from a fantastic couple of days in the Italian alps. Skied for two days in Pila and one day in Gressoney/Monte Rosa - conditions very good. Although it was sunny, it was quite cold. Some runs getting a bit icy.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Erm just checked my photos and most of them are from the lifts or when I had stopped (to much fun on the piste to stop and take photo's)

But when I arrived in bourg thursday night not a drop of snow to been seen.

When I went to get the car the next day (8:30am) it looked like this

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/11362/ppuser/1052

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/11361/ppuser/1052

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/11360/ppuser/1052
ski holidays
How do you make them photo links??
latest report
I have two exhausted snowboarders here, had the best day ever. A big area left unpisted, a lift with few other people on it, and still finding fresh lines at the end of the day. Absurd amounts of powder, good visibility all day. My son, who spent two winters working in Val D'Isere, said it would have been tracked out in half an hour over there. Been feeding them tandoori chicken and ibuprofen; they are still drunk on powder. They are flying home tomorrow, sitting round in a daze saying they're never going out again, because nothing could ever approach today! (They'll change their minds though).
snow report
GrahamN - most excellent snowHeadsnowHeadsnowHead
latest report
This thread should carry a bloody health warning. Mutter, mutter, mutter, mutter...

More seriously, GrahamN, that looks awesome. Very pleased for you!
ski holidays
Oh, and just to maintain an adequate level of muttering, here's another one I forgot to put in earlier. Just a couple more pitches of the many we had in completely untracked powder (mine were the tracks 8-ing CS-T's on skier's right of the group - OKish, but could do better).
snow conditions
Now i`m really pi**ed off.
Don`t want to read any more or see the pictures..................

.................Have fun you lucky bleeders Very Happy

Jason
snow conditions
Man, I can't read this thread.. I feel like putting a bullet in my head. I'm STUCK here in Finland! I'm looking forward to getting back to Chamonix in April but it doesn't look too good now. That picture from La Tania is absolutely great. I'm jealous.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy