Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The 'BEST SKIING in the ALPS EVER last WEEKEND it's all turned to porridge now suckers' THREAD.

Poster: A snowHead
Happy Easter Bunnies all round, OMG. Back to Resort 'X' for more of the same tomorrow and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday....................

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 28-03-08 11:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Damn you, you swine! I had all of 0.1mm of freshies here in London today. Not back out for another couple of weeks. Do you think it will be tracked out by then...?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, yep. But you do really need some "proper" powder skis though...just fantastic.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A 20m 'waste' trail is impossible without them. Twisted Evil
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
'Twas indeed incredible. Even I, with my slightly fat Line Celebrity skis, managed a few good turns in the powder, for just about the first time ever. It was so light, anybody could do it. Sun shone, entire world covered in snow. Amazing. snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Happy Easter Bunnies all round, OMG. Back to Resort 'X' for more of the same tomorrow and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday....................

thought you said La Ros wasn't good for off piste Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It was so nice wasn't it, shame about the cloud in the afternoon here, but a perfect morning!

Too much snow if anything! What normally is a quick traverse turned into a 50 minute hike. snowHead

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 22-03-08 23:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BLOWER. UNREAL.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pics folks, we need pics!!!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Grrrrrr
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
parlor, Lovely Ski, i'm talking her for a walk tomorrow.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just got back from a week in Courchevel. Had a couple of reasonable dumps early in the week but had 40cm Thurs night/Fri. Friday was the best days skiing I've ever had. High winds meant many lifts were shut so had to stay lowish & mostly take poma's. With the wind blown snow it was easy to find waist deep stuff. The shoite visibility was a pain but it meant very few people were out. Oakley Hi-Yellow's rock! Had a full 9 hour day on my new 187cm High Society FR fats which had been superb on & off piste all week but really shone in the deep stuff. Left a blue sky day this morning with more snow forecast so anyone there now is gonna have a blast. Was in VT on Thurs & the snow was superb so with all this extra there should be plenty left for the EoSB.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, the best thing is that according to weather forecasts it is going to get better. I guess this is the test to show you that your soul is pure .... sitting in London and feeling happy for you guys and gals enjoying these incredible conditions. Insanely jealous though ........... Razz
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh my ... oh my, looking at Accuweather 15 day forecast, Ischgl expects 150cm, Klosters expects 105cm, Chamonix 50cm .... (also alot of rain at village level which = snow above).

I know its 15 days but I'm a believer ... sign me up!
ski holidays
Quote:
Too much snow if anything

Spikyhedgehog, I think this comment belongs in another thread!!! Poor visibility going to be around quite a lot of the next week, but as long as it keeps chucking the snow down, we can live with that.
ski holidays
awful journey to manchester. loads of snow but made it with loads of spare time. hope to report soon. runway clear Very Happy
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, Glad to hear you made it. Did wonder when I saw the snow this morning! Have a great week at Resort XXX Laughing
snow report
Trip report from this weekend with piccies!
latest report
Day 2 in Resort 'X', twice as good as day 1, back again tomorrow, they will open that damn last teleski to get me to the top. Followed the pisters home, first time in years i've skied morning untim last light. Great day.
ski holidays
La Tania on Sat morning.
ski holidays
spyderjon, Wow, this season will go down in all those classic poster shots!
snow report
spyderjon, yes, that's one for next year's brochure. Magic.
ski holidays
rob@rar, do what you can to get out here NOW. Where we were playing in Jan - you can barely see the slope, there is so much of the damn stuff. Michael and I have both been completely ground to a halt by thigh deep powder in that same area. And of course the inevitable laughter and lack of ability to help any form of recovery.

This is one of the best... ever.
snow report
JimW, just stop it, will you? Wink

Not out for another couple of weeks. But I won't complain - I've had fresh snow on every one of my trips this season except for one (when I didn't really want fresh snow anyway). Hope you enjoy it all. Say hello to Michael for me.
snow report
rob@rar, There's fresh snow and then there's FRESH SNNNNNNOOOOOW. Sorry Buddy. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, swine! But I won't hate you because you've kept my trotters pain-free this season Smile
latest report
Engelberg was unspeakably good over Easter weekend. More later, I still have this stupid grin on my face.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, I'm just back from Engelberg. Wow!!
Wednesday was very good. Then, making the first tracks in new snow (in the sun) down the back of Titliss (ie Galtiberg down to the road) on Thursday we had Canadian type light powder combined with the huge Alpine vertical - some of the best I've ever skied. Then because they closed all the lifts we had to ski in Andermatt on Friday (zero visibility but huge amount of new snow) - then the sun came out again on Saturday and all the new snow was waiting!!! Had to fly back on Sunday unfortunately, but still epic.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 25-03-08 14:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Zillertal Valley was amazing last week and right up until Sat only problem was visability was well Crap! But the powder was amazing Oh Heaven is that really it for the season Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
DAMMMMM

Just back from 4 days in Les Arc drove into Bourg and there was no snow, woke upto 20cms in the morning and it didn't stop snowing for 4 days, I think at least 50 -60 cms

Probably the best conditions I have ever seen
ski holidays
Hmm Its stopped snowing, after a 22 hour dump.. Now we've got blue skies and sun...

Hot damn its good here!!! (And I'm told we are expecting more tonight). But I think we can stop the snow dances now folks, there is enough to go around...
latest report
spyderjon, we were in Meribel last couple of weeks - soooooo good! some of the best powder found in ages!! friday was indeed excellent when you could see, and it was good that not many people were out, tho had to stop skiing early cos my leg is buggered Evil or Very Mad was in val T on thurs as well - skiing was fab - tho it was a wee bit chilly at the top! great snow all over the 3vs, even mum and my brother's OH who are both nervous skiers were all over courchevel several times having a ball (not in the deep stuff tho, their loss) Very Happy got a couple of great days of first tracks down the red under tougnette 2 in meribel (yes all, I know I'm a wimp but when skiing on me own tend to stick to the piste - and why not when it's waist deep!), finally getting the hang of skiing in this deep stuff - even on the almost-slalom skis Very Happy never been so sad to leave a resort as when driving away from the bluebird saturday morning with all that new snow......sigh......
snow report
vivski, minus 20C ain't cold rolling eyes wink

And isn't flat light the best for keeping the punters at home Twisted Evil
latest report
Hoch-Ybrig was rather good yesterday and hardly anyone there
ski holidays
this thread really is useless without pictures Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
I will post some pics when I get home tonight
snow report
ajbaldwin, cool but bear in mind i want to see plumes of powder not scenics from hot chocolate stops wink
snow report
Arno, Who's got time for photos?
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Not Jealous - HONEST Sad Sad Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy