Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI Common Theory - who is doing it when?

Poster: A snowHead
A few of us will need to do the Common Theory module before we complete the ISIA. Any plans on when you might do this? If I have to schlep up to Aviemore it will be nice if there are some fellow snowHeads there to keep me entertained.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar, Sorry rob@rar, did it a couple of years back.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ski, what did you think of the course? What sort of things does it cover?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar - I'm currently planning on doing it last. Unless any more knowledgable snowHeads advise against.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, Bits and pieces, Child Protection, Coaching, Navigation, Fitness.

PhillipStanton, I'd do it first - certainly before the mountain safety module, 'cos a lot of the content is similar.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, a lot of people leave it till last which is what i plan to do. Not going to use a week of holiday and money doing lectures in aviemore until i know i can pass everything else... On the 2 other modules of ISIA i've done so far most people had yet to do the Common Theory.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, beanie1, It's not a pass-or-fail course. The navigation material (1 day of 5) is certainly of use before the Mountain Safety. Other parts (Coaching) help toward Teaching module ('least I think they do... a long time since I did it). I did it as the last part of ISIA...indeed as my last BASI course.... much better value as preparation for the other parts of ISIA.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ski, i'm sure it's very useful and I know it's not pass or fail, but if you only have a few weeks holiday per year to train and take BASI courses like me, i'd rather know that i'm capable of passing the 2 tech before i spend a week of that holiday doing the common theory. In an ideal world i'd do it first.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm doing it end of May.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
i am doing it last as i see the course purely as job for the boys in aviemore. waste of time as virtually all the course content is covered in other modules.

ask yourself why cant basi run one in london or zermatt. Answer to keep glenmore lodge and the local hotels going
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret, I share your frustration, and it's a shame it's yet another box to hav to tick Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar, quick buy your physiology books so you can say you are on the path to ISIA Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimottaret wrote:
rob@rar, quick buy your physiology books so you can say you are on the path to ISIA Laughing

I have to confess I did that yesterday Embarassed Next step is to get the foreign language stuff as soon as the BASI office have confirmation of my L2 pass...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, lets have a little group french review at some point soon phil said he may be interested and a birdy told me that the language is going to change to an oral exam soon Shocked so i defo need to get that boxed ticked vite.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, skimottaret, It's not that bad - and there are worse places to do the course. It got moved to the ISIA level (used to be for Grade 1) to make the required hours for ISIA. What are you doing for 2nd discipline/2nd language ?
latest report
skimottaret, that's a top idea! Quicker the better!!
latest report
ski wrote:
What are you doing for 2nd discipline/2nd language ?

Yet to be decided. I've done a few hours of telemarking and enjoyed it, but want to try boarding before I commit to one or the other. I doubt that I'll go for Nordic or Adaptive.

I struggle with my first language, so a 2nd one is going to be taxing!
snow conditions
ski, I'm doing French / not sure yet. I did French A level, don't know if that gives me an exemption? Even if it does, not sure where my certificate is! Anyway, should mean i don't have any probs with the workbook. As skimottaret, says, I'm going to do it now before they change the rules!! Really wish i'd done that with the second discipline...
latest report
beanie1, You're a stupid HAT
ski holidays
ski, french and tele.. cant wait to get 2 tech under the belt so i can free the heal for a year or two in the mountains... will do some tele training at MK over the summer Toofy Grin
snow report
beanie1, I got an exemption with an A-level (equivilant)....I don't think the workbook is hard - but I never looked at it. Anyone for a French-speaking tele race then ? Laughing
ski holidays
skimottaret, rob@rar and beanie1 - la bière et le français en london bientôt?
latest report
PhillipStanton, Si vous aimez, je pourrais vous joindre et apporter la documentation Commune de Théorie avec moi.
snow report
ski, ce serait très gentil. Peut-être nous pouvons parler au sujet de télémark dangly bits complète ainsi? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
PhillipStanton et ski, oui, ce serait adorable. Je ne sais pas si j'ai assez de bits dangly de contribuer à une discussion de ski télémark.
ski holidays
rob@rar, j'ai entendu ce que vous avez beaucoup de bits dangly. Ou est-ce juste une balle de golf dans votre poche?

beanie1, voulez vous parler bits dangly avec nous? (And who could turn down an offer like that Wink )
ski holidays
PhillipStanton, Embarassed
snow report
Est-ce que je peux vous rejoindre pour la conversation en ligne? Je dois pratiquer mon français pour des raisons professionelles... J'ai beaucoup de possibilités de parler l'allemand et néerlandais, mais rarement français. Cependant mon niveau de ski n'est pas celui de moniteur Sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
eng_ch, I'd love to help, but I can only "speak" French with the aid of Google Language Embarassed
ski holidays
rob@rar, I only asked if I could join in the online convo! My skiing might not be up to much, but I'm s'posed to be a linguist and don't get enough opportunity to speak French
snow conditions
eng_ch wrote:
rob@rar, I only asked if I could join in the online convo! My skiing might not be up to much, but I'm s'posed to be a linguist and don't get enough opportunity to speak French

I think it would probably be more appropriate for you to provide online lessons Wink It would be quite a one-sided conversation if I tried to speak/type French! Embarassed Is there an online equivalent of pointing and speaking loudly...?
snow report
eng_ch,
Quote:

Est-ce que je peux vous rejoindre pour la conversation en ligne? Je dois pratiquer mon français pour des raisons professionelles... J'ai beaucoup de possibilités de parler l'allemand et néerlandais, mais rarement français. Cependant mon niveau de ski n'est pas celui de moniteur

Svp ne parlez pas
Quote:

bits dangly

PhillipStanton, rob@rar, skimottaret, beanie1, Les deux semaines prochaine, je suis en Italie. Nous pouvons faire une petite reunion la semaine du 7 Avril ?
snow report
Quote:

Is there an online equivalent of pointing and speaking loudly...?

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr
snow report
I'm in Les Arcs for a week from the 8th April, then back out to Val Thorens for the Bash for a week from the 19th. Any time after the 26th April wold be good for me.
latest report
C'est toujours le probleme avec les monituers du ski - ils sont toujours faire du ski!

Peux je proposer le 29 Avril?
snow conditions
Avril, le 29e est bon pour moi.
ski holidays
Ca va pour moi aussi. Ou ?
latest report
ski wrote:
Ca va pour moi aussi. Ou ?

J'ai deux recommandations. Un sage et un fromagey. L'option sensée serait la Porterhouse à Covent Garden. L'option fromagey est la St-Moritz à Soho. Fondue! Wink
latest report
S’il vous plaît, pas plus de fromage!
ski holidays
rob@rar, on doit rire!

Toutefois, si on voulais de la conversation en ligne (en plus de dans la vie réelle) je m'interesserais
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy