Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What K2 ski would you buy and why?

Poster: A snowHead
Pardon my ignorance, but the fattest skis i've every been on are my own AMC 79s.

What difference would the Coomba give me over the Outlaw?

I'm 6'4" and wight about 93kg (Just shy of 14.5st). You probably ski a fair bit steeper than me.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get sum Hellbents.

You won't regret it!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
for reference, i'm pretty comfortable skiing solid short swings or, if there's not many bumps, large carved turns on a gradient like this photo. much steeper and i start to get a wee bit ragged but will still get down on two feet.

If you compare the height difference of the two skiers in the centre it'll give you an idea of steepness.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
At your size I'd say don't get the PE, certainly not if you intend to replace the AMCs with it.

I don't know how well the Coomba copes with bigger skiers (I belive Doug C himself was about > < that skinny and weighed less than one of my legs)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
maybe the outlaw will be the way forward...

jings!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Coombs was a small guy. Dont replace the AMC's, get some fatter skis! I have just been chatting to a guy about 6 foot, 12 stone on coombas, his favourite ski this year.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shoogly wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but the fattest skis i've every been on are my own AMC 79s.

What difference would the Coomba give me over the Outlaw?

I'm 6'4" and wight about 93kg (Just shy of 14.5st). You probably ski a fair bit steeper than me.

The Coomba is more of a offpiste ski, here's a review. Basically it will float in the powder (esp deep Powder better). I'd expect the Outlaw to perform better on piste but haven't skied either yet (they are on the demo list)

http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=63700

Heard Doug Coombs was around 11 stone but he was a ski god and so was able to ride a ski well above his weight.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
edit to remove stupidity. if your not so keen on going Coomba fat, Outlaws would be ace if a little heavier.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Apache Recon. Been on them for a few years now, and keep coming back to them - despite newer alternatives. On piste, off piste, powder, crud, trees, even slalom if you insist!

Historically, I've always found K2Shakespeare in Redditch very amenable to doing a direct deal if you can give them a reason why. Sorry, not done this for a few years (since I got my current Recons) so I don't have an up-to-date contact.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
came across these pics of the new k2 range... looks like there's bigger changes to the range this year than there has been for the last few.

tempted by those kung fujas (4th from right in 2nd pic) and the xplorers or recons in the first. The outlaws look like they've got even bigger and might still be worth a shout. I notice a new nose shape similar to the Coombas on the outlaws.

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
well that's me got my skis sorted... settled for the PE in 179 - that's all they had my size Very Happy made it an easy decision!

Very much looking forward to trying them out Shock)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
just ordered a pair of the apache crossfires, set to be delivered next week and tryed on the snow at easter. Smile
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I would definitely try before you buy, if you are thinking of PEs. I couldn't get along with them - though I know others do. From testing at Casstleford, I think Apache Recons would be well worth a try on the mountain. FWIW my present skis are 179 Scott Missions (which I like a lot).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hmmm interesting mix with AMC 79s -they are a very good ski (i know they used to be mine). I think with PE I'd like something like the crossfire as my day to day ski. Sure you'll have fun though
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dan100, i'll do my best Very Happy

was just thinking... if they had only told me all that time ago that i was getting the PE, then this thread needn't have existed!

i'll post a review here once i've used them. hoping to get up to glencoe this weekend, if not maybe next week sometime.

Very Happy
snow report
K2 Pontoons - you get two snow boards aswell as skis (PHAT)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy