Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Easter School Holiday Excitement Thread (+WARNING)

Poster: A snowHead
Nick L wrote:
LoopyLou, l'Ancolie (needs to be booked) :+33 (4) 79068671 is at the les Eucherts end of town.

l'Ancolie is excellent. As is also le Genépi above the centre commercial in LR, +33 4 79075209. Booking strongly advised. Both fairly expensive (but worth it). McKinleys still there and still good as are plenty of others at the more reasonable cost end of the market.

David (oops, not mrs dj)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Le Petite Danois does a nice Pizza and is at the cheaper end of the market. I suspect chalet night of will see our mob descend there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
10 of us heading to Arcs 1950 on Friday 21st for two weeks - relaxed pm start by Eurostar, overnight stay in Paris, then early train from Gare de Lyon to arrive early Sat pm.

Luvin it already...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yay off to la ros on the 16th with two little uns in tow....looks like I will miss everyone but looks gorgeous on the cam today. Back fo our easter eggs and holiday monday roast aswell.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
LoopyLou, you'll find the Petite Danois is very good at reasonable prices. We used to recommend l'Ancolie as the best in the village, it's where we've always gone ourselves for our staff meals out but the last couple of times haven't been as good as usual and bearing in mind the cost, this season we've opted for Le Turia or Le Genepi in the centre commercial for top-end meals and Petite Danois for value. We've had good feedback form our guests so far.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Can't wait - 10 of us off to Vallandry after Easter - 2 days in Paris first for a bit of culture and then onto the slopes on 29th. I'm more excited than the kids
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tomorrow (Friday 14th) - ferry to Zeebrugge then drive to Val d'Isere for 2 weeks, - yes 2 whole weeks of skiing with the OH and 2 of our kids. So, so, so, so excited. First time I have had a 2 weeker Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey guys thanks for the restaurant recommendations. Might give Le Petit Danois a try.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hullite, We're off from Hull to Rotterdam tomorrow with one week in Wengen and another in Zermatt. It's a long time since I did a two weeker. Must be ideal for you living in Hull. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
For us the Easter School Holiday is after Easter Puzzled - so we're off to Tignes on 4/4/08.

Am I allowed to get excited and write in this thread or must I create my own? wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nick L wrote:
For us the Easter School Holiday is after Easter Puzzled - so we're off to Tignes on 4/4/08.

Am I allowed to get excited and write in this thread or must I create my own? wink

Who cares, just bring on the skiing. snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
6 of us meeting up in Zell am See on Good Friday. Cant wait. Driving down through thursday night and should hit the resort in time for lunch and the rugby league on Sky (Wigan V Saints, if anyone cares!) before turning our attention to skiing for a week.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
halfhand wrote:
Les Gets with 17 others departing Easter Sunday. Staying in Chalet Le Seigneurie through Alpine Elements. After reading some earlier threads which did not rate this company too highly I'm approaching this trip with some trepidation. However, looking forward to lots of sliding about Smile

Booked with Alpine Elements for Les Gets (Hotel Chamois) for the 23rd.

Have read a few unfavourable reviews of AE but much of it seems to revolve around the season trip.

The hotel me and the missus are in isn't exactly the Ritz (but at least the brochure says this) but we'll only find out if it's craphole when we get ther. Mind you, I've stayed in some rubbish places in the past and boarding has more than made up for it. Fingers crossed...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Specialman, Have a great trip. Maybe meet up for a beer? I'll be posting a TR when I get back.

only 1 week to go, getting more excited - dug out my kit, checked my boots, got to find travel insurance and tell the bank I'm going abroad.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
How busy are we expecting the Easter week 22-29 March to be? Blind irrational optimism tells me that because neither the French nor British schools are on holiday Val d'Isere will be deserted and I will be scoring fresh tracks on every run...

rolling eyes
ski holidays
hd, sorry but loads of British schools on holiday that week.
snow report
forecast still looking promising FtS, lovely week of whiteouts for you, leaving lots of fresh for me the week after Wink
snow conditions
5 sleeps till sonnenkopf am arlberg!
snow report
hd, as a schools operator, that's our busiest week of the season. Two groups in house, one next door eating lunch and dinner with me, one up the road requiring lunch - possible four sittings for lunch and two for dinner, joy.
snow conditions
I'm in Zell am See from the 22-29 March....and then thinking about a cheeky extra week following that if I can get somewhere dirt cheap.
snow report
May see you around there, Elizabeth B. Have you been before? Any tips on where to go? A friend of ours owns (or runs??) O'Flanagans so will probably drink in there a lot but wondering if you have any info. from a vistors point of view.

Thanks.
ski holidays
Dougie, depends on where you are staying. I've been a few times, working with school groups, as I will be this time.

The new 8 person gondola has the fewest queues of a morning, although if you get out before 9 you should avoid them anywhere. Sonnenberg is the quietest area. There is a long thread somewhere entitled "Tell me all you know about Zell am See" that is worth a read if you have the time!
snow report
Youngest is not on holiday until 4th April. Istillhave 30th March vacant in my apartment,and would have been out there if we hadn't just come back from Wengen. I will have to wait for my long weekend on 17th April instead.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, throw a sickie and go!
snow report
Elizabeth B, tempting, oh so tempting................
snow conditions
Just back from MSB, gotta clean the kit and re-pack for 2nd easter week at Ischgl with the kids. Gawd it's tough fitting in all these trips! Toofy Grin

(forecast looks V. hopeful for plenty of snow and cool temps snowHead )
snow report
Selva on the 23rd, yeehaa. And it's snowing. Very Happy
latest report
Thanks very much Elizabeth B. Will look for that thread.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For those going next week, there are some VERY unseasonal temperatures being forecast, with some in the region of -20c Shocked Shocked

Make sure the little uns are well protected
snow report
Have a look here for one example

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn13217.png
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
For those going next week, there are some VERY unseasonal temperatures being forecast, with some in the region of -20c Shocked Shocked

Make sure the little uns are well protected

Just seen that on some of the forecast sites, damn cold for the time of year. Maybe my mid April trip wasn't such a risk after all. Cool
latest report
WE're driving down on Good Friday from Calais to the 3V - sounds like the autoroute will be busy! We tried our telepeage when we went out the other weekend - worked like a dream! Felt so smug!!
latest report
Villz, looks like you could get some snow on the way. Make sure you are well prepared.
snow report
Yes, ridiculous temperatures around. Anyone driving anywhere over the weekend should have chains and know exactly how to use them. I know that forecasts of amounts of precipitation are notoriously inaccurate (so we might not have over a metre of snow.....) but at this range they're not going to be far wrong about the temperatures.

Those who have chosen to go to low altitude resorts with lots of trees(because it is, after all, only March) will be very pleased. Anyone going to Tignes...... - 36 wind chill, anyone??
snow conditions
fizz, How awesome is Morgan! I want a kid just like him. Fabulous.
latest report
Busily getting excited about our 1st trip skiing to North America on Friday - hope the mere 221cm of snow on the lower slopes in Breckenridge lasts our 2 weeks!!!! Laughing snowHead
snow report
If any of you are up for some off piste in the great powder in La Ros from the 21st march after all the fgresh snow we have been having I spending some days there with friends and you are welcome to join us. Hope to see some of you in the PD bar in the evening.
ski holidays
Put the winter tyres on the pug, should be ok...
ski holidays
snowcrazy, I shall say hello if I see you. Don't want to hold you back by joining for a ski though.
latest report
Just out of interest what will you be putting on a 10 year old in these sort of temperatures. My daughter has virtually no body fat so need to be wrapped up at 0c!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy