Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Easter School Holiday Excitement Thread (+WARNING)

Poster: A snowHead
25 of us in La Rosiere from the 23rd of March snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 18-03-08 17:53; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well there are 4 of us back in time to be in Church on Good Friday Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are in La Rosiere with Ski Esprit, Chalet Bracconier leaving on 23rd March. The kids have tried all their ski gear on and are now really excited!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les Gets with 17 others departing Easter Sunday. Staying in Chalet Le Seigneurie through Alpine Elements. After reading some earlier threads which did not rate this company too highly I'm approaching this trip with some trepidation. However, looking forward to lots of sliding about Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Tania 21st - 29th
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=34259 Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I will be spending Good Friday driving from Calais to Grenoble. Then a week in Alpe D'Huez followed by another week in Les Deux Alpes. Just my daughter and me, first time she's been skiing this year (she was too busy at half term, at 12!!!). We are both getting excited about it now.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Off to Wengen on Friday (may have to hide the Snowheads stickers rolling eyes ) then transferring to Zermatt on the 22nd. snowHead snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LoopyLou, look out for a big daft git, blue jacket and red pants, with lots of good skiing kids.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are 5 of us off to La Joue du Loup on the 22nd, for our third week's ski-ing this season (the most we've ever managed). The children are aiming for their Troisieme Etoile, and I am aiming not to break any bones this time... We are taking my sister, who lives in Zambia, so the snow will be a complete change of environment for her.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, It will be my pleasure to look out for you!! Do you know what the name of the restaurant on the La Thuile side is which is like a little Moroccan haven? We went there for lunch a couple of years ago and my son had a pizza which had the french fries as a topping!! He wants to go back to repeat the experience.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
LoopyLou, Ooo not sure, but do tell me where it is. We always venture to La Rascard in the old village bit of La Thuile....Deeeelish.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, any plans to dance together "cheek to cheek" whilst out there wink Bit chilly me thinks
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's going to be heaving from 22nd onwards isn't it? Shocked I have no children, I am unaccustomed to this, I'm too young to die, crushed beneath the bases of 30 kids screaming along in the racing snowplough.

I'm taking body armour.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Off to Montalbert (where else) on Monday. Will be waving at Frosty the Snowman, from our balcony and texting him. If we happen to make it across valley he has offered to buy lunch in Italy...bring it on..... Toofy Grin

Before however we have my other half's brothers wedding in Edinburgh castle on Saturday. Mouth Junior at 15 months will be wearing full kilt outfit together with sporan.

So a good Easter break for us staring Friday for 12 days. Snow does look good too!!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I am a new SnowHead Off to Claviere on Easter Sunday with my husband and two daughters. It is our second skiing holiday as a family and I'm hoping that it will be better than last year when I ended up with broken bones on day two! Husband is experienced intermediate and my girls are confident beginners (1 week ski lessons in Austria and two snowdome lessons) Hoping that I do better this year, lessons at Tamworth have certainly helped my confidence although I am still very cautious. Heard good things about Claviere and neighbouring Montgenevre and we are all looking forward to it. Hope everyone has great skiing and plenty of snow. Very Happy
snow report
Cunners, May not be too bad. Only the belgians on holiday I think.

smwbounce, wink

Mouth, Ohotos of the young un please Very Happy
snow conditions
CC71, Welcome to SnowHeads Very Happy snowHead HAve a good time, and make sure you have some more lessons Very Happy
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,

January 2008 first sledging experience

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 12-03-08 11:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Thanks for the welcome Blush And yes I will be having many more lessons (boy do I need them, daughters are annoyingly good!) Little Angel
snow conditions
We're off to Claviere on 16th so CC71, we will just miss you as we leave the day you arrive, but welcome to snowHead if like me you're watching webcams and forecasts, you'll be excited now as it seems there has been some snow!! Very Happy if you want a 'true report' pm me with a mobile number and I will text you.
Happy Easter everyone!! Laughing
Mouth, ahhh theres a little cutie!
latest report
Only 9 more sleeps (according to our 4 yr old) until we leave for sainte foy, 6 adults and 3 children. I can't wait it has been too long since january. I need to figure out a way of getting more weeks/weekends that still fit with school holidays!

Another week of hurting legs from snowplough.....ouch!
http://uk.youtube.com/v/rOyOFG0yuzI
snow conditions
Quote:
Snow does look good too!!!

Not looking at all good today. After lovely fresh powder yesterday it's been raining below about 1900m since 9 pm last night. (That's whyI'm reading Snowheads rather than skiing; apart from the rain, visibility out of my window is about 10 metres. More precipitation but very marginal temperatures for the next few days, too. But it does look like next week will be a lot colder. That much seems fairly certain, though the precipitation quantities are far less so.

Cunners, if it's not a silly question, if you hate kids so much, why are you going skiing in school hols? Are you a teacher?

Shocked
snow conditions
I don't hate the groms - as a child some of my best friends were children. It's just that I'm going to
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
the scariest place to ski out of on earth during holidays.
. I was spoilt with huge empty slopes in Canada in Feb so I'm anticipating slight culture shock in La Plagne.

I'm going as there's usually decent snow at the end of March, I can get a week off and I like skiing. snowHead Also I don't have kids so have no idea when the holidays are.
snow report
Trying to work out whether I can go got w/c 5th April - but have fun everyone
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, we are next door. I will
Quote:
look out for a big daft git, blue jacket and red pants, with lots of good skiing kids

And if you see two impossibly good-looking fit young people on a first floor balcony just uphill of the Oliver drinking wine... we're in the next apartment to them. Call up and claim a glass (won't manage 25, though).

David
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

Mouth, Ohotos of the young un please

and with his Dad in his kilt as well Twisted Evil
snow report
LoopyLou, I think that could be Offshore. Lots of wallhangings, baskets on strings for your bits, boxes of slippers wink and a big old map of Libya on the wall. Never tried that particular version of pizza and chips, though. Take the first right after the second long Belvedere drag, or straight over at the top of Fourclaz and go down blue 19 or 21.

David
snow conditions
boredsurfin wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

Mouth, Ohotos of the young un please

and with his Dad in his kilt as well Twisted Evil

Bien sur mon ami
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
feefee,
snow conditions
Hi feefee, sorry I have tried to pm you but I think I messed up, will try again Embarassed
ski holidays
3000 off to Saalbach!
latest report
Group of 30 to Les Arcs 2000 on Easter Saturday - several teenage kids so school hols essential but not really had a problem recently - Mottaret 2 years ago, last year in VDI - Mega ski areas, high in france does it for us (and 5m others) snowHead
snow conditions
11 of us off to la ros on 29th, glad i'm not there for the week of whiteouts earlier Wink
snow report
CC71, pm received thanks, pm'd you back, it stays in your outbox until the person you are pm'ing opens it! wink
snow report
DJ, that's the one!! Thanks for that. Definitely going there again, if we can get across (whiteouts permitting!!). What about recommendations for an evening meal in La Ros itself with 2 kids (15 & 10), it's a couple of years since I've been there. Think we went to McKinleys last time.
latest report
LoopyLou, l'Ancolie (needs to be booked) :+33 (4) 79068671 is at the les Eucherts end of town.
latest report
22nd March - Off to Les Deux Alpes. Just me and Gabriel (aged 8 ).

First time back on snow after his broken leg last year at La Plagne, and raring to go.

Lessons booked with Easiski, so no qualms there!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 12-03-08 22:03; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
I'll be in Saalbach from the 23rd to the 28th doing my "dropping in on the school party, paying my way and not taking any responsibility" act. Elizabeth B, is in Zell am See that week, so should be able to meet up with her. Anybody else in that area?

snowHead
latest report
PaulClark, He'll be in excellent hands to get his confidence back. Enjoy. snowHead Fingers crossed for an incident free holiday this time. snowHead
snow report
Don't be silly. The season is over!! (for Johnboy Crying or Very sad ). Still 3 trips wasn't bad Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy