Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gay Ski Holiday...

Poster: A snowHead
Hurtle, I found your criticism of Katherine and her alleged false teeths offensive. Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thefatcontroller, you don't say.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hurtle, I do say
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Doesn't bother me either, just can't be doing with so called minorities organise this kind of thing, does nothing to aid a more integrated society.
I have some sympathy with that view, I don't like ghetto-isation of any sort. But it is surely an understandable defence mechanism for oppressed minorities to close in on themselves, isn't it?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hurtle, I think you exagerate to suggest gays are an oppressed miniority Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Odin, grow up. rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard, Hurtle, Lighten up !
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle, It's all BS, every minority wants their cake and eat it. I propose a special week for "Bootfitting-bikeriding-Chelseasupporting-Cookingloving-Teetotalers."
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
some of you guys are plainly in denial on here - it's classic - "Methinks he doth protest too much" and all that...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER, It would be a quiet affair Confused Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
red 27, Quite happy thanks and understand my ass hole is purley for No.2's snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thefatcontroller, because I work in the arts, loads of my friends and colleagues are gay. I wouldn't have considered them particularly oppressed (not nowadays) but the comments on this thread, as Lizzard said, have made me think that the situation aren't as rosy for gay people as I might have liked to think. Also, I have a young lesbian friend who is an orthopaedic surgeon - the prejudice she is encountering is something else again, though she is managing to overcome it, I think, by dint of being a delightful and attractive person, as well as a very good doctor. So, yes, I think there is still prejudice and oppression about.

Odin, the matters which I take lightly are for me to judge, thanks.

SMALLZOOKEEPER, yup, as I say, I tend to agree with that - but it's still understandable/forgiveable.

red 27, who's protesting too much? In denial of what?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Whoa there, teetotalers - not sure we should tolerate them in society - its just sick !!! wink

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 9-03-08 20:46; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle, I don't think they are oppressed but lots of threads appear on here on lots of topics and people take the p*ss. Its not exactly gay bashing.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thefatcontroller,
Quote:

Its not exactly gay bashing

Well, I guess that's why I've got a bit of a problem with this - it looks like gay bashing to me. If you don't intend your comments as such, then fair enough, I accept that.
snow report
thefatcontroller, it is, however, both thoroughly childish and a bit boring. And no-one is interested in your bottom or what you choose to do with it thank you.
snow conditions
Hurtle, Its only jokes. If you can't joke about things then the world is a sad place. Luckily for you I don't hold a grudge over your KJ comments.
ski holidays
Lizzard, If you don't like it, don't read it. Toofy Grin
latest report
thefatcontroller, That's the whole point. The Gays scream 'Gay Bashers' then have a 'Gay Bash' all to themselves. The only way i can see it is

"Gayweek for skiers that are gay and at the end of the day want bum sex instead of a chat and a beer with anyone of any walk of life, because we're worried people don't accept them because they are gay."

Well they ain't never going to have their perspective changed if they section themselves like this are they. I think the term 'Queer' is appropriate cos they are queer, as in odd.
latest report
I have a fair few clients whom are gay, its my job to prevent them from being 'bashed' Cool

Without exception they all have the inteligence and ability to laugh and recognise playful banter - in my experience its always the straight people who have problems with the Gay/lesbian jokes and banter.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, but you're strangely curious as well right? wink
ski holidays
Odin, Well said. Gays I have met are the filthiest funniest people. Great company.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
thefatcontroller, That's the whole point. The Gays scream 'Gay Bashers' then have a 'Gay Bash' all to themselves. The only way i can see it is

"Gayweek for skiers that are gay and at the end of the day want bum sex instead of a chat and a beer with anyone of any walk of life, because we're worried people don't accept them because they are gay."

Well they ain't never going to have their perspective changed if they section themselves like this are they. I think the term 'Queer' is appropriate cos they are queer, as in odd.

If its any consolation, as a gay man, I really don't think it is necessary to have "gay ski weeks", "gay beach weeks", gay walk your dog weeks" or anything like that. I mean, you never see "black only ski weeks" or "muslim only coach holidays". To be honest, I do not think the gay community do themselves any favour by this singling out. In the past, I would have seen the point. As far as I am concerned, and this is on a very personal level, I feel that "gay ski weeks" or "alternative holiday companies that cater solely for gays" are only out to make money (this is blatantly obvious if you look at the prices of this said "gay ski week"). I also do not think that "gay pride" marches are necessary. Whilst, I have attended "gay pride" marches in the past, I think that nowadays (things really have come a long way), they are a bit dated (other folks in the gay community might not agree). I can see the point of "gay" pubs and clubs however.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 9-03-08 21:10; edited 3 times in total
snow report
jb1970, Is this thread really offensive as is being suggested by some?
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, how would jb1970 know - he's not a Lesbian ?
ski holidays
jb1970, Good for you buddy. I agree with Gay Pubs or at least Gay Toilets in pubs, i mean, if i were you and i got the horn, i'd go and look at all the cocks in the toilets. I'd like to go and have a sniff around the ladies from time to time and often wish the ladies would pop into the mens occasionally. Twisted Evil
latest report
Odin, Hurtle says she thought we were 'gay bashing' which covers jb1970, wink Laughing
latest report
Not much future in this debate, I fear. I'm outa here.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller wrote:
jb1970, Is this thread really offensive as is being suggested by some?

I haven't really had a chance to read through all the postings but will get the gest of it. What I will say, however, is that there are certain members of this forum who do have a problem with minority groups such as gays (I am not the first member of this community to have said this).
ski holidays
Hurtle, You were quick to start the row and now you bog off rolling eyes Laughing
latest report
thefatcontroller, a) I did not start it b) why shouldn't I bog off?
snow report
Gay Ski Holiday - thought this was about tee-total ski trips Laughing Laughing

fair play, though a ski trip without having at it down the pink run don't sound like much fun to me wink
snow conditions
Hurtle, Oh yes you did start it...bog off then NehNeh
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, thefatcontroller, you two could profitably grow up as well. And I am going to join Hurtle in bogging off out of this moronic nonsense.
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
I agree, best to walk away and leave this one alone.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Hurtle wrote:
I agree, best to walk away and leave this one alone.

I agree totally.
ski holidays
johnboy wrote:
jb1970,

Thanks for that. No doubt the Lardies will be delighted.

Whats that suppose to mean?
snow report
I've read the thread, and think its that dodgy line between the sort of banter that is genuinely meant as fun, and the sort of banter that is verging on fun with a sting in its tail, i.e. getting a bit too pointed. At the moment, I'm not certain where this thread sits. I think purely fun banter would be accepted by all parties and persuasions, the other sort would be a shame to indulge in as Snowheads is usually a nice place to be. I don't have a problem with those who are not heterosexual and know several gay men. I don't believe I know any lesbian women, but I would have no more problem with them than I have with gay men which is no problem at all. I do think jb1970, is correct that some folks on here do have problems with minority groups and yes it is not always just the gay community. I wonder why it is that some people have problems with people that are different?

What I do notice is that as a group we do seem more accepting of disability than issues of sexual persausion or maybe reglion. Disabled people particularly those doing well with sporting activities are given nothing but support here, the other issues seem to always cause controversy. Yet particularly in the case of sexual persausion the decision of which sex you prefer is no more in the control of the individual (at least from what I understand of these issues) than is the person born with an inherited disability. So why do some people chose to support the cause of those that are disabled yet, can poke pointed fun at those whose sexual persuassion doesn't conform to what they think is correct? Please note - that I am not intending to suggest that this has happened so far in this thread, or to call sexual persausion that doesn't conform with the norm as a disability - its just to demonstrate the different ways that we can view two groups of people who have the same little choice about who they were born as.

These are just thoughts on this subject and I have worked very hard to keep the issues balanced to not moralise (which gets me into deep do do) I hope I've succeeded and that it throws some ideas into the melting point to discuss.
snow conditions
Lizzard wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, thefatcontroller, you two could profitably grow up as well. And I am going to join Hurtle in bogging off out of this moronic nonsense.

lizzard You always make me laugh Laughing Laughing
latest report
Megamum wrote:
I don't have a problem with those who are not heterosexual and know several gay men. I don't believe I know any lesbian women, but I would have no more problem with them than I have with gay men which is no problem at all.

That's cleared that up then! Laughing

FWIW just so you can be more if you know any Lesbian women, in general they favour 'practical' haircuts and their bras (if any) don't match their pants

Do you have any problems with the Goats MM?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy