Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dodging Ski Carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is it worth trying it? One of our group is taking two pairs in one SporTube, thinking that no one will notice that the tube is massive and weighs more than the 6kg that each ski carriage allows. Considering my skis and tube weigh 10kg, I think the difference in both size weight of the tube will be obvious.

Regardless of the rights & wrongs of ski carriage, I can't be a_sed with an argument at check-in, especially as the last time I flew from BHX all bags were weighed, including hand luggage.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hyweljenkins i have often taken 2 pairs sometimes 3 pairs in 1 bag and never had a problem, guess it's just bad luck if they check you and you have to pay the extra
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have just returned from the European leg of the World Cup. I carry 3 pairs of skis in my Head Monster Bag + boots and some gear. It weighs a ton, well more than 6 kilos. I have flown with Ryan Air, Sleezy jet, BA , Norwegian, SAS, Blue One, Finn Air and Lufthansa in the past 12 weeks - the only one I had problems with.....Easy Jet - they charged me £150 in excess baggage. When I told them I was a British National Squad team member they just shrugged their shoulders and said they didn't write the rules - funny how several non-British registered organisations managed to support the Brits by waiving the baggage fee for skis (thank you Blue One and Norwegian!).

Top tip - Check in in most airports around the world require you to take your skis to out of gauge baggage drops. Have a mate sat around the corner from the check in with the kit you think will take you over, so that in the event that they weigh your skis you are not over the limit, then when you have got the bag labelled up waltz round to your mucker and fill your boots - it won't get weighed again!

Hope that this helps
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TelemarkKing, cunning.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sallywt, as a wolf in sheep's clothing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent loophole. Thanks for letting not only we Snowheads in on it but any airtravel company person reading this thread that is after a few brownie points off their boss for pointing this out and closing it down. rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TelemarkKing, you are indeed a King
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hyweljenkins, I went to and from Canada Glasgow-Heathrow-Toronto-Calgary and was Ok with 2 pairs of skis and boots in a dakine roller. (23kg) Combination of BA and Air Canada, use your boyish looks and charm and try your luck!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Seeing as it's 'Fess up time then if you aint got a Swiss 2 franc coin for a trolley at Geneva airport then use a 2p coin.It works just fine. Blush Laughing

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 16-04-08 1:47; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
TelemarkKing wrote:
Top tip - Check in in most airports around the world require you to take your skis to out of gauge baggage drops. Have a mate sat around the corner from the check in with the kit you think will take you over, so that in the event that they weigh your skis you are not over the limit, then when you have got the bag labelled up waltz round to your mucker and fill your boots - it won't get weighed again!

Make sure said mate isn't booked on the same online booking as you, as for Easyjet they will call him/her to the front desk to check in with you!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not yet had a problem when checking in mine and the bloke's skis in one bag at the airport. It may help that I am ridiculously short so use 148's which won't weigh much. The guys on the outsized baggage check in always seem to look really bored and disinterested. I think they may be from the baggage handling side of things rather than the airline side of things so couldn't really give a toss.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ryanair seem remarkably chilled on ski bags and how amny skis contained therein.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dan100 wrote:
Ryanair seem remarkably chilled on ski bags and how amny skis contained therein.

I have not found this to be the case at East Midlands Airport at all. They have to be the most miserable bunch of penny pinching jobsworths i have ever come across. rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy