Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First Helmets, now smoking.

Poster: A snowHead
gotta love the USA

First they contemplate making helmets compulsory, now smoking has been prohibited in all chairlifts and lift lines following 'complaints' by some Heavenly customers.
"We think that it's going to be a welcome change to many of our guests," resort spokesman Russ Pecoraro said. "We hope that guests just take the initiative and make this a thing we don't have to enforce."
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a smoking gun.

Have they banned guns?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
See here:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=35912
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice one heavenly now we just need to get the Austrians to drop their cancer sticks and the mountains might become smoke free (well the bars and restaurants and perhaps the lifts!)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All the US, or is it one state considering making helmets compulsory, and one ski resort banning smoking on the lifts? rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Perhaps they will start taking pot shots at each other from the lifts to reassert the American Way.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
At least the smoke particles, being released so high up, will float off into the outer atmosphere, reflect some sunlight and help stop this global warming malarky. wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wear The Fox Hat, Ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh - don't tell 'em wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don`t get me wrong. I`m all for helmets . But am I the only one that thinks it odd that the US is thinking of making helmets compulsory whilst merrily handing out guns to all and sundry ?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
jonty, Don't forget that the man with the helmet on, carrying a gun, who burns his nuts while on a chairlift as he put a cup of coffee on his lap still has a court case
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Interesting scenario. I'd personally welcome anyone roasting chestnuts next to me on a chairlift.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Odin wrote:
gotta love the USA

First they contemplate making helmets compulsory, now smoking has been prohibited in all chairlifts and lift lines following 'complaints' by some Heavenly customers.
"We think that it's going to be a welcome change to many of our guests," resort spokesman Russ Pecoraro said. "We hope that guests just take the initiative and make this a thing we don't have to enforce."

Back on topic (you lot just can't resist a helmet debate can you wink )

I'd be interested to know whether anyone finds this is a common occurance - I must admit it's been years since I noticed anyone smoking on a chairlift (in europe), let alone in a queue. Maybe it's different in the states?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
telford_mike, Our guide and one of our party were smoking by the open door of the gondola in La Grave last week.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
telford_mike, My first strategy on a lift is to hold everything very, very tightly. Can't imagine messing around wiht fags, recipe for losing things.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The number of gloves, poles etc you see under lifts.
I wish if people dropped one of a pair and didn't intend to go pick it up - they'd drop the other too. Then it would be worth going to retrieve them.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 7-02-08 16:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
achilles wrote:
telford_mike, Our guide and one of our party were smoking by the open door of the gondola in La Grave last week.

Maybe understandable at La Grave - condemned men having one last smoke? Here in Wengen smoking is banned in the entrance areas to our cable-car (though permitted pretty much everywhere else).
latest report
i quite enjoy a smoke on the chairlift.. though i would not smoke if i was sharing with people i didnt know..
i remember a guide in cham telling me that each ciggy butt takes 6 litres of water to clean up.. i suggested picking them up rather than pressure washing the mountian..
ski holidays
jonty,
Quote:

the US is thinking of making helmets compulsory whilst merrily handing out guns to all and sundry

Walmart guns Available from $120 happily not available on line. Helmets come in about 1/3rd of this price. They don't sell fags at all.

Amazing Puzzled
ski holidays
jonty wrote:
Don`t get me wrong. I`m all for helmets . But am I the only one that thinks it odd that the US is thinking of making helmets compulsory whilst merrily handing out guns to all and sundry ?

The right to bear arms is in the Constitution, helmets are not
latest report
I wear a helmet and it keeps my ears warm Very Happy And yes ofcourse all Americans go around shooting each other all the time, they are just hillbillies after all!! If it keeps everyone away from sking in the US then I am all for it, all that mtn to myself!! and the gun toters too ofcourse!
snow conditions
slingman wrote:
jonty wrote:

The right to bear arms is in the Constitution, helmets are not

Or as the saying goes: the right to bear arms is only slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 7-02-08 20:41; edited 1 time in total
latest report
It gets worse, check out Admins comment on

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=36018

The French are going mad as well
latest report
jonty, what about the right to bare arms?
snow report
Whoa there guy's - can't ban the guns else there would be no biathlon !!! Shocked

Its the reason I was taught to ski* (with taxpayers money)- so i could go to cold inhospitable places and shoot people Madeye-Smiley

* actually not alpine downhill, but they did teach me that as well
ski holidays
CANV CANVINGTON, You'll be fine Canv, only those wearing a helmet and/or with bare arms are banned from smoking. Transgressors will be shot by Odin, and rightly so. If Bishop Williams had his way they'd be stoned to death
snow report
CANV CANVINGTON,
Quote:
i suggested picking them up rather than pressure washing the mountian..

I suggest not throwing cigarette butts on the mountain in the first place. Or picking them up yourself.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy