Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plymouth Ski Slope. Ouch.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
RobW, injured wimps... please...

I did a metacarpal on Hemel when it was Dendix. I used to like Plymouth when I lived there. Even had a soft spot for the Becton Alps...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
it always looks nice when you go down teh A38
never been tempted myself and not tried chill factor either
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Went once, after falling 5 times in 15 minutes went home!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hello everyone. I've just joined snowheads!

I started at Glenshee in '02, since have ridden all the Scottish snow slopes, the following fantastic plastic slopes: Glasgow, Bearsden, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Pontypool, Plas y Brenin, Llandudno, Plymouth, Southampton, Christchurch (now Snowtrax), Avon (now Mendip), Bracknell, Swadlincote and Telford, as well as the Glasgow, Castleford and Milton Keynes domes. I've done a season in BC, a season in NH (USA), and two in CA (USA). I'm qualified to ISIA level (amongst other quals) of Instruction.

That is to say that although i've ridden in places as diverse as Pila and Plymouth, i'm not a 'snow snob', and I do still actively ride the 'fantastic plastic'. I've ended up working at the fantastic plastic at Plymouth, and have read some of your comments. As one of the managers there, i'd like to do all I can to rectify what you're describing. If you get the chance to send me an email telling me what you think of the slope, I can pass that on to upper management and the owner. You can email me at j.pitcher@nikegroup.co.uk.

All the best.

James
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Welcome to Snowheads!

I went to Snowtrax in Christchurch last year. It was crap.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
TIJ, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead snowHead snowHead One of the best openers I've seen in many a long year.....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TIJ, Welcome. Loving the positive vibe.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TIJ, welcome - couple of minor things - you've searched for and bumped a nearly 3 year old thread. Things might have changed since then....... for better or worse.

This part of the forum is open to anyone to view - you might want to reconsider givng your email address so openly.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

you've searched for and bumped a nearly 3 year old thread.

top marks for that - some people don't bother with searching and it's interesting to see how things might have changed over the years!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My daughter did her BASI L1 shadowing and some teaching at Tallington Lakes on Dendix. She'd never skied on it before but only took about 10 minutes to get the hang of it. A winter of mainly snowploughing on it helped her skiing enormously.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
robert_dorling wrote:
Yep I broke my thumb after it snapped in the holes on the diamond style slope in Sheffield (crappy) Ski Village, I believe that was before it was refurbished but I have never been back!

It's derelict now... would have been an idea place for an indoor ski centre (imo)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I used to teach snowboarding on a John Nike surface years ago (around 2007?) - not in Plymouth though, but I'm assuming it's the same surface (Permasnow).

It's perfectly rideable once you get used to it. Can even get a bit of a carve on. Definitely rewards "good" technique and punishes sloppy technique though, much, much more than real snow! I never got used to stopping after landing a jump there. Always chucked a big, lazy hockey-stop like I would on snow and fell on my ar$e.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy