Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rear entry boots - embarrassing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It does seem to be mainly Brits with the "all the gear and no idea" thing going on.

My wife still have rear entry boots and up till 3 years ago I was using some too. They were probably more comfortable than my new heads, even with custom foot beds but the problem was the weight. They must have been double what my head 10.8's are.

If your happy with them keep them. Just look at any local on the slope, chance are their kit is 8-10 years out of date but they can most likely out ski all the flash plonkers on the slope.

Oh and if people can see what you have on your feet your not going fast enough!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jayc wrote:
It does seem to be mainly Brits with the "all the gear and no idea" thing going on.

Probably right. In a small Swiss rsort earlier this week, the bubbles were full of (presumably) locals wearing very elderly looking boots, the same styles I was hiring 20+ years ago. They seemed to be able to ski pretty well.

I got rid of my extremely comfortable rear entry San Giorigio(?) boots after about 12 years because I was told (probably correctly) that they were too soft for me and (probably incorrectly) that after about 15 - 20 weeks use they might fall apart while I was at the top of a mountain. Struggling to find anything as comfortable.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I took the plunge this week and went into our local ski shop and bought myself a pair. I decided after reading all the responses that after 11 years of skiing I should try wearing some boots that no one else has worn but me. I only paid £107 for them (Nordica Olympia), but they feel so comfortable. Can't wait for 8 days time to see if they make any difference to my skiing!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy