Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Contact Details on the Internet. UPDATE: New Story

Poster: A snowHead
have we someone to tar and feather yet
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure the tarring and feathering is entirely appropriate. Sounds like someone made a good sense call to avoid injury to the party.

I've made mistakes before in the mountains.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, I'd agree. But we can have a laugh at their expense...... Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob, exactly.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm not going to out him. We didn't meet in the end and I doubt he's even aware of the thread.

If I didn't make it clear before I agree with fatbob. The boys did no harm and were sensible given a poor choice, and we all make bad choices from time-to-time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I agree and wouldn't even raise anything in jest had it been more serious.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
[quote="parlor"]

Imagine my surprise when I'm sat at my desk doing the accounts when I get a call from a snowHead asking me to call him a helicopter.

[quote]

you're a helicopter. job done, back to work.

Glad to hear it all worked out safely in the end!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Are the snowheads concerned back safely and with internet access now????????
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
libby, thanks libby. Puzzled wink Laughing

dan100, I know you weren't being mean.

The face that they tried to ski is visible around the 2 minute mark on my Superbowl Friday video:

On google.

Here's a vid cap from it. The North Face is pretty impressive, I've only skied it a couple of times.

I've also marked a Couloir called Poubelle. I haven't and doubt I will ski it but it does get skied. Serious stuff.

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can I just confirm, for those now taking the mick by PM (gits wink ), that it wasn't me either.

I fail on the "very special level of courage, determination and knowledge" front

On all counts!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
parlor wrote:
I've also marked a Couloir called Poubelle. I haven't and doubt I will ski it but it does get skied. Serious stuff.

Is that a Blue or a Red run Parlor? Amazing the Pisten Bullys can get up there to groom it really...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is that the Couloir where Plake runs into the back of the guide in Blizzards of Ahh's (or was that the Poubelle in France?)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DB, too long since I've seen it I'm afraid.

red 27, we don't piste all the funs here. The locals prefer them to be so well skied they become mogul fields. Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB, you are thinking of one of the poubelles in Chamonix (there are two)

parlor, that's a pretty "interesting" line! is it a mandatory air or rap at the end or can you sneak out onto the snowfield looker's left?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arno, never been that close to it myself! Actually, I understand that when there's enough snow you ski in, ski out, well, of a fashion.
ski holidays
Arno wrote:
DB, you are thinking of one of the poubelles in Chamonix (there are two)

Watched bits of the Blizzard of Ahh's again last night. Yes the poubelle couloir in France was where Plake ran into the back of the guide (Murry Ball) on a 49 deg pitch. Shocked Someone on TGR said they skied both poubelles in the film though and the opening titles do credit Verbier as one of the locations filmed although it wasn't specifically identified. Suspect the poubelle couloir Verbier is in the opening/closing shots of the film. Can anybody confirm this?
latest report
Steilhang wrote:
On your mobile 112 works just about everywhere in the world, except Taiwan. There you get a chinese woman telling you to dial a different number... In chinese Toofy Grin

North America?
ski holidays
abc wrote:
Steilhang wrote:
On your mobile 112 works just about everywhere in the world, except Taiwan. There you get a chinese woman telling you to dial a different number... In chinese Toofy Grin

North America?

Even there.

It is part of the GSM standard, so all GSM phones recognise 112 as an emergency number, as do all GSM networks. Your phone should be able to call 112 anywhere in the world that it can pick up a signal, even if you don't otherwise have roaming enabled, or cannot pick up a network to which you have normal access.

In countries where 112 is not otherwise an emergency number, the local GSM networks will route 112 calls to whatever the local emergency number is.

In the EU it is the standard emergency number from any phne (although pre-existing national numbers such as 999 here also still work), and quite a few countries outside the Eu are adopting it as an alternative from normal phones as well as mobiles.
latest report
I was taken(by my excellent instructor) on a part of a black last week, my first experience of this - having only done reds for the first time two days earlier.
Standing on the top of it looking down, I'd have gladly paid for a helicopter to come and save me Shocked I kid you not.
Needless to say, we all got down safely...and the buzz i got from looking back up, "I skied down that? Very Happy "
snow conditions
DB, they do ski both poubelles - the second one is where they rappel in - looks all the more impressive in 80s ski gear and rear entry boots Cool
ski holidays
Arno wrote:
DB, they do ski both poubelles - the second one is where they rappel in - looks all the more impressive in 80s ski gear and rear entry boots Cool

Cheers Arno I didn't start skiing until the late 90's and only saw the Blizzard of Ahh's for the first time a few years ago. At first I thought the clothing and rear entry boots were some sort of fartbag weekend pee-taking then it dawned on me, Shocked thats how they really dressed.
ski holidays
poubelle - looks like an exercise in defying gravity. Seeing that actually makes me pleased I will never be good enough to even think about skiing it (or the north face for that matter)
snow conditions
youspurs1, the feeling never goes away either. Welcome to the Adrenaline Appreciation Society.
snow conditions
parlor, sorry, we missed you, never made it to the valley as we had too much fun where we were.... and all that..!!

brian, kitenski, thank you, kind sirs...

I heard about this when out there....!!!!! and am glad they are ok.....
latest report
SO this guy I've skied with sends me a text around 16.00 yesterday afternoon.

"Hey, can you please send me the number for the Chamonix lift company. We're lost in a white out".

As it happens I had just got home so searched for a few numbers, thinking they just need to know what time the last lift is, or something.

So I text him a number as quick as I can, the Tourist Office, I'm sure they can give him the right number.

I then sent another text with some emergency numbers, just in case.

I didn't think much more of it after I get a text back saying someone was on the case.

Turns out they had skied the Cosmique Couloir and were now lost on the glacier at the bottom. In a white out. Not nice.

Long story short. Chopper'd out at around 19.30 back to Chamonix.

Still waiting for full details. Especially re payment. Shocked

I skied Poubelle today and it was AMAZING.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy