Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boris' Vallandry Report

Poster: A snowHead
Have just returned from a week in Vallandry, thoroughly enjoyed it and were exceptionally lucky with excellent snow and clear skies!

More to gloat than anything else Cool thought would share a few pictures with you.

As always we drove down as seems a lot easier with kids and associated clobber, plus of course I hate flying – which recent events at Heathrow have done nothing to ease.

Can get a bit boring on the road, so you have to find ways to keep yourself entertained. Like looking for amusingly named lorries!

Although I always welcome snow, I had hoped to get into the resort without resorting to chains. However, the road up was somewhat slippy in parts so decided discretion in order. Please note the use of gloves and mat as recommended by snowHead

Going at possibly the quietest week of the season I was hoping for some quiet Pistes, but have to say was shocked at how busy they were Laughing

Compared to last Christmas, were there was still plenty of snow to ski on, could not believe just how much snow there was. The kids had a ball and when not skiing they loved to play in it. This picture taken at what we referred to as the “Secret Hut” – which if you’re interested is opposite the Transarc Mid-station, and is a great place to stop on a sunny day for a drink and snack.

As with all the best resorts, the snow fell overnight to leave the days clear, on most nights a couple of inches at resort level and more up top. This was an attempt to take an arty shot from our balcony.

For those worried about “warm” weather etc, trust me there is plenty of snow in the area and it is not going anywhere in a hurry. Following photo is taken looking down valley towards Moutiers and as you can see the snow line is pretty low.

We only had one morning of poor visibility when it snowed heavily, that afternoon was sensational. Here are the boys waiting to get going.

At the request of the artist formerly known as NewSkier, , now better known to all as Butterfly, I took a few pictures of Vallandry.

The following are from the main practice bowl at the top of the Vallandry Lift

This one at the base of Vallandry, by the lift looking towards the centre. Can just see Le Rilax which I would thoroughly recommend as a lunch stop.

This is looking the other way and shows the path past the Nursery to various others apartments.

Finally, to scare everyone, a picture of me somewhere above Les Arcs.

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boris, We were in Peisey the week before you. We left on the Sunday but the Saturday you arrived was horrible for driving. We found it busier than normal first week of Jan, think it is still school holidays in Russia Confused . All in all the conditions were brillant. Glad to see helmets on show Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks like you had a fantastic time. I'm new to posting (although have lurked for a while) but am interested in your pics as we are going to Vallandry for first time at Easter. Normally go half term but bad snow for last 2 seasons meant we changed this year ... what's the betting that half term will be great and Easter dreadful? Great to see the pictures of the resort - can't wait to go.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boris, Great post! Good to see you praying with those snow chains, I did think of you when I saw the snow reports Toofy Grin
The lorry pic is brilliant. We play a rather complicated game of 'Norbert' spotting which now has a complicated set of rules as the kids have got older! Highest score of 93 on the last trip (oncoming only on 'our' road, points deducted for false shouts) Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, Norbet spotting Confused Explain snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
great pictures, Boris, it's really encouraging to see that the snow's deep enough to withstand any short term warm spells (I think there's another due this coming weekend). Second what thefatcontroller says about helmets, the kids seem happier about wearing theirs than you, though Laughing

Now can't wait to get my grommets there later next week for what I hope will be more of the same.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller, only Lisa Tarbuck knows the rules for 'Norbert' spotting, boredsurfin, is faking it, Hell, he even claims to play Mornington Crescent rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Boris - am getting really excited now!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thefatcontroller Norbert spotting, a derivative of Stobart spotting I guess.
Nobby has just merged with Christian Salveson so I guess another new rule will be introduced Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boris, great pictures Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I do Norbert spotting Embarassed

boris, greats pics.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boris, great pics. At least we now know that you are not Boris Johnson wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boris, lovely pics there and some worthy of entry for next year's calendar. Good one snowHead snowHead

I don't think I know whereabouts Vallandry is or what other resorts are nearby Embarassed
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ray Zorro, shame on you! It's part of the Les Arcs domain Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boris, one of my friends I am going with has asked me if I can find out if there is a supermarket in Vallandry likely to sell skimmed milk - she has to avoid fat & wants to know whether to pack a tub of powdered in the suitcase. Do you, (or anyone else) know?
snow report
Boris, Love the pic of the giggling kids half buried in the powder!
snow report
Butterfly, There is a Sherpa and it will sell long life skimmed. She will be ok.
latest report
thefatcontroller, thanks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy