Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginners question about snowboarding protection

Poster: A snowHead
DebbiDoesSnow, I assumed RED was the colour and you bought it because it matched your boots/bindings or something, whereas I now suspect it is a brand Embarassed Laughing btw I have a red car Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rayscoops, LOL it wasnt until I bought it that I found RED are actually made by Burton Embarassed

Men and their red cars NehNeh
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In a last ditch attempt, I finally got myself a helmet.
A Pro-Tec B2 Snow at £50 from TwoSeasons..
Could not see anything I liked on their website (price wise) but went to their Cambridge shop, and they had a couple of models that weren't on the website. Tried it on and it did feel quite confortable and I do not look too stoopid with it on... I hope! Very Happy
So bought it....
Off tomorrow...can't work! snowHead

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 15-01-08 10:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kruisler, have a fantastic time. Miss S and I just got back from our weekend trip to VT and, despite the fact that the lifts were closed for the whole of Friday and you couldn't see anything at all for the whole of Saturday, it was utterly fantastic.

Jodes has got some photos of me just off the side of the piste, quite literally up to my knees in powder. And I'm standing on my board....

All of you, get out there immediately (as if you needed any encouragement!) snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snojito, what accomm did you arrange for just the weekend? always tricky to find soem where to stay for a short trip Sad
Kruisler, what colour helmet did you buy Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snojito, sounds like you had a fun few days. Upload those pics NOW so we can salivate !

Hopefully there will be some powder from saturday in Tignes Razz
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rayscoops,

I sense a play on words here... Very Happy
But being french, I sometimes don't get the underlying meanings/joke.. Embarassed
So just in case: matt black..... like 95% of the snowboarding population it seems! snowHead

snojito,
Thanks.
The forecast for the Skiwelt for the next few days hovers between rain and snow (depending on websites) so I am a bit nervous..That said, We've got a hire car so I suppose we can move to avoid the rain...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rayscoops, we took it on the chin and booked through a certain crystalline tour operator -- they've got a couple of chalets in VT (and in Tignes and in Flaine I think) that only do short breaks, either Thu-Sun or Sun-Thu (most, if not all of the deals, on lastminute and first choice to those resorts are in their properties) It's pricey, especially compared to a DIY week, but annual leave meant we couldn't take a longer trip, we didn't have a lot of time to shop around, and not going just wasn't an option.

actually, mr. scoops, I partly blame you --- it was your early season reports from St Anton that forced us to break open the piggy bank!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kruisler, he was referring to the fact that I bought a R.E.D helmet (which is a brand of Burton) and rayscoops, bless him, thought that I was saying a bought a red one (as in the colour)

p.s didnt realise that english is your 2nd language, you hide it well Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snojito, I am looking at a sneaky trip at the moment........ Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DebbiDoesSnow,

Embarassed D'oh!

I should have clicked about Rayscoops joke really...I had after all R.E.D the previous posts! Toofy Grin

Just a bit slow I am!

Thank for the compliment about the language. Having been in the UK for the last 11 years I am becoming dangerously british! Twisted Evil

I even get your sense of humour and jokes....well most of the time anyway! Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rayscoops, will you stop with all the trips... its not fair on the rest of us !
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kruisler, totally innocent as explained by DebbiDoesSnow, , as my dear old ma used to say it is not the mouth it comes out of but it is the mind it goes in to Laughing

DebbiDoesSnow, in my defence you did say you bought a RED one, not a R.E.D one Little Angel
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops, yes sorry, the punctuation made all the difference. Although in my defence by saying ' RED helmet ' i didnt think people would assume I was excited enough to shout the colour NehNeh
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rayscoops,

Quote:

it is not the mouth it comes out of but it is the mind it goes in to

Fair enough!! Laughing Embarassed
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
rayscoops, yes sorry, the punctuation made all the difference. Although in my defence by saying ' RED helmet ' i didnt think people would assume I was excited enough to shout the colour NehNeh

Kruisler might Blush Very Happy
snow conditions
rayscoops, you did Razz
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow, indeed, but English is also my second language NehNeh
ski holidays
rayscoops, welsh doesn't count wink

Starts running ...............................

.......................aaaargh stop hitting me with that sheep !

Just in case I need to clarify, the above statement is a joke and was in no way meant to insult anyone of a welsh heritage

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 15-01-08 11:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, only joking, my Welsh is very limited Embarassed
latest report
rayscoops, i just edited to put in a small caveat incase anyone thought I was being anti-welsh Laughing
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow, have to be careful these days, there are some very sensitive bods on here sometimes who have had a humour by-pass. Now, where is the number for my PlaidCymru (PC) MP Very Happy
ski holidays
Well, just thought I'd mention that on my first morning in Austria, I had my biggest headplant/faceplant ever and that my helmet did save me from a serious headache!

Glad I did get one in the end... snowHead
snow conditions
okay 3 broken wrists later, only ever done this on dendex, not on snow !

and 1 split open head,

it hurts, try the gloves with the removable guards about £30.00 from bargainboards, then you have both options !!!

and these are good, http://www.bargainboards.co.uk/P/Optimum-ELECTRO-PLUS-Impact-Shorts(2641).aspx,
snow conditions
Kruisler, Glad to hear the B2 helmet worked OK. As a new convert to helmets I bought the B2 over the weekend seems pretty good not sure about the MP3 adapter ear covers seem a dangerous idea listening and sliding losing one of your senses and I need all the help I can get Very Happy
latest report
bladeski,

I got the one model down from yours, i.e. without the audio ear covers.
That said, one of my mates, on our first morning, put his ipod earphones in, with his helmet on top. Everytime we stopped and talked, his answers were "wot? eh? hang on.." and he'll take a glove off, fish the ipod out his "ipod special" O'neil jacket, turn the volume down, make us repeat and give us a proper answer... Laughing

After two runs, he got fed-up (so were we!) and got the earphones out, never to be worn again whilt boarding... Toofy Grin Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy