Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Packing light for skiing?!!! I'm a woman!!

Poster: A snowHead
Dypcdiver, my odlo thermals are very good but rather expensive. Therefore I only have one pair and wash them every day. Decent thermals will dry very quickly.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nessy, Exactly Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

One tube of travel wash weighs and takes up less space than the multiple pairs of socks/underwear

I hadn't looked at things from that angle - not a bad line of thought. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nessy, the rest of us just wear them for a week at a time.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
3 sets of thermals of which the shorts look smart enough for a night out prior to wearing on the slopes (black zip necks). 3 pairs of ski socks. 5 pairs of boxers and socks. Couple of going out shirts. Add a couple of jackets, hats and gloves and you're ready to go.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
My bag including ski boots and full maintenane kit and boot heaters generally ways between 9 and 11 kg. I take prs of ski sock, 2 thermal tops, 3 tops, 1 pr ski pants, 1 pair jeans, clean undies for each day. 2 fleeces for skiing a jumper for evening. shampoo and conditioner and deodrant and that does me. The way i see it is if it gets really smelly can wash it in the bath. My bag is a little bit bigger than a boot bag. Always good to travel in bulkiest clothes.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

3 sets of thermals of which the shorts look smart enough for a night out prior to wearing on the slopes (black zip necks

Scarpa, The mind boggles at the effect in the night club!! Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, Laughing Laughing You beat me to it Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hope you are all taking cameras. We want pictures!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

Like this one you mean?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont, Yep, that's exactly the kind of thing I meant Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ickabodblue, that is actually a pic od Scarpa at the first ever EOSB I think in Les Arcs.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm a little concerned on where he's got what looks like his ski pass. Do you think it's on one of those retractable wire thingies?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
justacey, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
When travelling with Mrs Guvnor, we adopt a couple of simple policies which prevents the packing of unnecessary items :-

1. You packed it, you carry it
2. A small fine for each item remaining unworn at the end of the holiday

Hey Presto! Excess baggage charges eliminated!
snow conditions
Guvnor, When is Mrs Guvnor divorcing you?
latest report
Helen Beaumont, I think we should have a similar photo every year so we can compare and contrast Toofy Grin
ski holidays
ickabodblue, On what grounds? Not carrying her bags?
ski holidays
Guvnor, Unreasonable behaviour. We women need our stuff !!! Toofy Grin
latest report
Damn.... one letter to the left and I am playing the jester yet again Laughing
SHIRTS!!!!! Got to start looking at the keyboard as I type.. or indeed the screen afterwards
snow report
Scarpa, Aw, that's really quite dissapointing, we preferred the shorts version Laughing
ski holidays
ickabodblue, absolutely - and if you can't get it into an (Airline dependant) 18Kg bag, plus a ski bag, then you ain't packing correctly....and if you then insist on bringing it back unused, you should be prepared to pay the price
snow conditions
Scarpa,

Looks like these warmers could be for you ...

http://www.nznature.co.nz/ecofur2.htm
ski holidays
DB, Where's he going to hang his lift pass?
snow report
Guvnor, Are you related to that bloke from Ryanair? wink
ski holidays
ickabodblue, Unfortunately no - I reckon he must be worth a few quid these days....as a side issue, roughly how much does your luggage weigh when you are travelling for, say, a week?
ski holidays
Guvnor, To be truthful and serious for a while, I have no idea 'cos I kinda stuff the odd thing in here and there in hubbies bag and the kids' bags. We've never had to pay an excess though Little Angel
snow report
snowball wrote:
And yes, you need to carry a second pair of gloves with you each day for when the first pair get soggy and when you drop one off a chair lift, So think how you will carry them (you mighty need a bum bag).

I thought most gloves had those elastic wrist things now so they can dangle happily from your wrist without falling off? MIne do anyway!
Oh and gloves only get soggy if you're rolling round in the snow like a snowboarder don't they? wink
A bum-bag will only make you look like an American. wink Little Angel
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If I lose a glove while skiing, I'll buy a new pair
snow conditions
I dont possess a second pair of gloves - they have elastic so they dont fall off the lift. They've certainly never needed changing because they've got wet Shocked What are you guys doing.... snowball fights?? I dont take a rucksack with me - just carry mobile, specs to read messages, credit card, insurance card, small amount of cash & suncream/lipsalve round my neck. Thats travelling light Little Angel
ski holidays
geri wrote:
I dont possess a second pair of gloves - they have elastic so they dont fall off the lift. They've certainly never needed changing because they've got wet Shocked What are you guys doing.... snowball fights?? I dont take a rucksack with me - just carry mobile, specs to read messages, credit card, insurance card, small amount of cash & suncream/lipsalve round my neck. Thats travelling light Little Angel

You mean that's all you take with you for a week's skiing Shocked Shocked Laughing

Actually, I am the same - take absolute minimum out for the day. I have a very small scrunch up backpack thingy that goes in my pocket in case of wanting to do any shopping en route back to base, but am not keen to ski with a back pack & am very wary of chairlifts with one, having heard horror stories about getting straps caught!
latest report
I have only dropped a glove from a lift once. The ski back down to pick it up was painfully cold despite trying to stuff my hand in the opposite armpit Skullie
snow conditions
DB wrote:
Scarpa,

Looks like these warmers could be for you ...

http://www.nznature.co.nz/ecofur2.htm

Bloody hell... how did you know I'm a Kiwi? Could always attach pass to navel piercing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy