Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morillon/ Flaine/ Samoens

Poster: A snowHead
P10DW, Looks like it will be worth it - another dump overnight - make me sad knowing I wont be there until next season (to ski at least).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
radar, stevo_the_saddler

It has to be done, booked ferry for 6th BUT it is looking as if I may need a sombrero and sandals! Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
P10DW, I'm jealous - officially
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
P10DW, envious wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ooohhhh might have a few days, have the pass out from the wife - now need to double check lift closing dates, might get the last couple of days! Excited!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
marcellus, Is it deffo the Sunday (20th/27th) for each area? Also - when is Morzine - is that the same? Thanks
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All booked, I hope to ski out the weekend until the lifts close. I'm all excited again.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stevo_the_saddler wrote:
marcellus, Is it deffo the Sunday (20th/27th) for each area? Also - when is Morzine - is that the same? Thanks

Give me a chance to reply!!

yes for Flaine... not sure about Morzine though!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marcellus, Too excited - booked anyway Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Back from GM yesterday, staying in Flaine for a week. Drove up 28 March arriving 11pm - snow tyres essential, and there were times when I thought I wouldn't make it on some of the last hairpins before the top. Sunday had some powder and low cloud and Monday low cloud, making skiing 'interesting'. Tuesday was wall to wall sunshine and by Wednesday the snow was deteriorating by middayand called it a day at 3pm. Thursday much the same but Friday was cooler and the snow held up much longer (or was it just the urge to carry on skiing because it was the last day?). Left yesterday, must have been 15C at 1pm. The extent to which the snow had melted over the week was alarming and although there are very few bare patches on the pistes if there is not some more snow and lower temperatures the end of the season could come sooner than scheduled.

It was interesting to see that the restaurants on the Flaine side were significantly more expensive than those on the Morillon/Les Carroz/Samoens side. I was told that a lot of the restaurants in Flaine are owned by the same family - whether this is true or not, they are in danger of pricing themselves out of the market. A few people I spoke to had deliberately planned lunch away from Flaine for this reason.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, I was right about the Sombrero but definitely need ski boots not sandals (see my previous post). I've only been out till about 1 (work to do as well Confused ) so I can't speak about conditions in the afternoon but the mornings are fine. Been everywhere and have found no ice or slush to talk about. Just starting to see bare patches on the home run to LC. Mind you it has been about 20C the last two afternoons so I don't know how long it will last. Cool
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
P10DW, Hopefully until the weekend when I hope to be one of the last down the lifts in Samoens. Thanks for the update. Sounds like a ski in the morning/sunbathe in the afternoon destination at the moment... where the beach Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stevo_the_saddler, that's exactly the plan..... as my red face shows........................ whilst the pistes are holding well they are getting very soft and clumpy in the afternoons!

Crying or Very sad Mrs M caught a ski yesterday and now knows what Tendons do........ or rather what you can't do when yours have gone "PING"
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marcellus, Oh dear - hope she is mended soon. I am looking forward to my short trip. Arrive late Friday, ski on Sat and Sun and home on Monday.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
marcellus, Hope Mrs M is ok and the tendon problem does not affect her cooking skills
ski holidays
Fear not chrisb, being the ever caring husband that I am.... I moved her stool into the kitchen!!

Normal service has NOT been interupted.
latest report
Drove down on Friday and got an earlyish night. Saturday morning - up on one of the first Gondolas and away we go. Nice hard crunchy pistes to start with in Samoens and headed to Flaine. Straight up the smaller gondola and hurrah - Fred/Agate lift is open... and there is a foot of fresh powder... and I really mean powder - light and fluffy stuff. We did Fred (un-pisted Red) which was OK, then went back up to do Agate the black which only had 3 or 4 sets of tracks before us. It was so good we went up again! After coffee and a few more runs in Flaine and my first ever trip into the Gers bowl (which was hard work in heavy snow) we headed back to the deserted slopes of Samoens. A great day - approx 20 degrees by 2pm and getting a bit heavy underfoot. Decided by 2:30 to call it a day. Sunday was similar but with really nice conditions eary on especially up top in Flaine and Samoens. Morillon was struggling as was Les Carroz. Finished skiing about 3pm.

I really enjoyed the skiing - despite to very random mixed conditions and hope to do some more spring skiing next year. Thanks to those more local for all your updates this season.
latest report
stevo_the_saddler, Glad you got in the Gers if not in the best conditions! When its good its really good in there Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy