Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Northern Ireland 10/11

Poster: A snowHead
Just a few light snow showers here this afternoon.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Looks like it's about to hit Co. Down
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Feck all but rain up here!! Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just driven back from Belfast. Started snowing North of Ballymena, starting to settle. More sleety as I got closer to the coast. Still a fair bit on the Antrim Hills this afternoon
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Plenty on the Antrim Hills and the Sperrins, but the Bann Valley is still green Sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
loads of snow on sliabh beagh hills today. cant drive up yet though cause roads are too bad. even some lower hills havent thawed all day.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thinking of heading into the Antrim hills tomorrow with the skis. Alternatively head to the Anchor in Portstewart to watch the Rugby Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Antrim Hills are loaded. 40cm on average. Skied the North side of Slieveanorra for a few hours. Easier to ski on the road as the snow was well compacted. Did a 2 mile run 5 times, so 10km today. Vertical of around 800m in total.

Well worth it!!!

Photos to follow.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy,
Very Happy
Brilliant!!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
MhicEasmuint,

brilliant craic today - road was so hard packed it made a really good run. We met a man and his two teenage children form Ballintoy who provided the ski lift!

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like there is more on the way for the hills. Would love a few inches here at sea level too.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tomorrow is a win/ win situation. If there is snow I will be playing in it. If there is no snow I will go flying Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnboy,
Looks great!!!
Is that near Armoy/Ballycastle?
Will be telling some of the rest of the lads later.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MhicEasmuint,

Seriously, it is worth a look. from Armoy take the road to Magherahoney, then follow the signs for Orra. All the skiing is on that road.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Heading back to Ulster's premier ski destination (Sleiveanorra) in about an hour. Better prepared today, mate is bringing his LandRover. He works for the forestry service, so we should be able to find the best snow today!!
ski holidays
Should be good there. Been snowing here in lower grounds since 10 this morning.
Got our football game cancelled.
ski holidays
Just back. More fresh snow. Above 400m there is around 40-50cm. There are drifts of 1.5 m in the gullies. Too much snow for the Landrover to handle. Walked to near the Summit of Sleivanorra and skied the trails through the trees. There will be snow up there for weeks if it stays reasonable cold.
ski holidays
johnboy, looks like you had fun, same story in Dublin, alot of action on the mountains and at least 50cm at 300m+ (10 minutes drive away). I think I need to by skins!
latest report
Peter Ross,

Yip, a touring set up would be ideal. We have a plan to bring a quad up by trailer later in the week if conditions allow. snowHead
snow report
was past the sliabh beagh hill this morning and still full cover. plenty of snow still on the back roads above 200mts. whole mountain completely white still.
ski holidays
BIG LAD,

Same story in Co. Antrim. Very little thaw above 200m. The whole Antrim Plateau is brilliant white. Could be skiing again at the weekend!!
snow report
Quote:
Magherahoney, then follow the signs for Orra. All the skiing is on that road.

johnboy, we cycled along there the day after we left you last June (in the reverse direction, in a big loop from the coast). V. warm as you'll remember - difficult to imagine it white!
ski holidays
Heading for Magherafelt/ Maghera & Draperstown tomorrow.
Was up that way on Mon and the hills behind Cookstown seemed well covered and very inviting.
Any suggestions for somewhere to slide? I guess it has to be public ownership, like a park or something.
CW Happy
snow conditions
cardweg,

Just North of Moneymore, there is a public road (though a dead end) right to the top of Sleive Gallion. I was in Magherafelt yesterday and there is loads of snow up there.
ski holidays
Cheers johnboy,
Not sure how long I'll be distracted by work.
CW Happy
ski holidays
Getting pretty warm today, but still plenty of snow above 200m.
snow report
johnboy,
Was much longer than anticipated at work thing, so didn't get the chance, but I was amazed to see how much snow had gone since Tuesday.

On Tuesday the snow line was clearly defined across the hillsides, whereas today it was gullies and north facing valleys that seemed to be holding the snow while everywhere else there was a serious melt going on. Having said that, I was looking from Draperstown and wasn't up in the thick of it for real.

Did you get out again?

CW Happy
latest report
cardweg,

Haven't been in the hills since Sunday, but was in Ballymena yesterday and the Antrim Plateau was holding snow well, however with temps upto 10C and rain it will be disappearing fast. Northern gullies will hold it till March though!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
could see the sliabh beagh hills from distance today and only patches of snow left now. major thaw.
snow report
Up flying today and there has been a massive thaw. Still the odd patch hanging around at 300m, above 450m there is still a fair bit in the Northern Sperrins.
ski holidays
Antrim Hills are white this morning.
snow report
Same in Dublin Mountains but not much cover
snow report
guess its time to get this thread up and running again! quiet start this year so far but early days. just looking at some of the pics from last year and could be doin with something similar this year!
ski holidays
BIG LAD,

No snow yet, but plenty of rain Evil or Very Mad
snow report
i hear ya. looking at those pics of you skiing on that road in slieveanorra, what kind of altitude is that road and indeed the mountain itself?
latest report
BIG LAD,

Road tops out at around 350m. Slieveanorra is at around 500m.
ski holidays
ive often wondered at the possiblity of laying a dry ski slope in areas like that with good road access. here they could actually take advantage of fairly regular snow days and providea good surface to ski on. just a thought! i could create irelands first mountain ski resort!
snow report
Go for it Big Lad. I'd be a regular visitor. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
BIG LAD,

Someone has already thought of it: http://www.winterolympics2026.com/
snow report
LMAO - When you posted this thread we had never been skiing. The first trip was booked and suddenly we had a very steep field covered in two foot of snow, so we skied it. The worst thing was walking back up the hill..... brutal........ next time it snows I am buying a Massey Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy