Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Northern Ireland 10/11

Poster: A snowHead
any snow left on the hills of n. ireland today? no real mild weather yet so mayber some survived in the sperrins?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BIG LAD,

Welcome to snowheads. I was over in Limavady yesterday and looking south there was still a complete covering on the North side of the Sperrins, near Claudy/ Park Village. Reckon it will still be there for a few days yet!!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks jb. any idea how long the snow lasted this week on the sperrins?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BIG LAD,

Most of it is bound to be gone now, bar the odd patch in North Facing gullies. Might take a wee looksie tomorrow as I'm over in that direction
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can confirm snow sighted at 2500ft above Lough Foyle today
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
really jb? what mountain did you see snow on friday? i didnt think anywhere in n. ireland had a chance of snow at the weekend..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BIG LAD,

I was in a plane last friday. Was flying again today. Snow lying on Binevenagh about 1000ft
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No snow here in Wiltshire just mud and slugs any still remaining with you JB
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ntfarmer,

Plenty of mud. No sign of too many slugs though. At least the rain has stopped for a while.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
what's the snow like up your way? Did it arrive? Just a really heavy frost in belfast.
CW Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cardweg,
Down to -1 last night. No snow in Coleraine although the road is white with frozen hail
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It'll come my friend. It'll come.
Just you be ready with that lift & we'll be flocking to your door . . . Er . . . Field Happy
CW
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Plenty of snow on the sperrins above 350m this morning
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sperrins in summer, for anyone interested. You could get some decent skiing there with a good covering. Lots of grassy slopes.

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Historically there was skiing in the Sperrins. The Ulster ski club used to take a portable Briton rope tow up to moneyneaney in the '80s. The farmer even cobbled together a makeshift "permanent" version one year.

Of course we had our premiere neige in belfast today. It was so deep you almost couldn't see the . . . . . . Tarmac underneath!

CW Happy
snow report
cardweg,

I had heard that too. Does the Ulster Ski Club still exist?
ski holidays
johnboy,
Afraid not - it wound up only a year or so ago.
I was a member for a while, but never got to play in the local sperrin snow.
CW
ski holidays
cardweg,

That's a shame. Another good frost this morning. Looks like NI will miss most of the snow tonight though Sad
snow report
met office weather warning updated to include n. ireland for snow. says 5cms possible. could see the mountains round omagh and pomeroy completely white this morning. even some snow from yesterday on hills outside ballygawley.
ski holidays
Dumpin in Coleraine right now Very Happy
snow report
any snow left on the hills today?
snow conditions
BIG LAD,

Some of the hills are pretty white. Even a few patches of snow in my garden despite the rain.
latest report
 brian
brian
johnboy, can't beat a bit of snow as a birthday pressie ! Have a good one. Very Happy
ski holidays
johnboy, Happy Birthday
snow report
Cheers brian, & Peter
snow report
johnboy,
A belated happy birthday to you!
CW Happy
ski holidays
Still a good covering of snow on the hills
snow conditions
i suppose all the snow is gone now after last nites mild weather?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Was on a farm outside Moneymore this morning. Was astounded to see some patches on the East side of Sleive Gallion, just below 500m!!

As I drove North there were some pretty decent patches left above Moneyneney. Probably about 20m wide by 100m long in some small sheltered gullies. Skiable, but probably not worth the trek.
latest report
I reckon there could be the odd snow patch on the Sperrins that has been there for 50 days already this winter!!! That could be a record!
snow report
Snow may not last much longer. Temps are upto 10C today.
latest report
any reports of snow in the hills last nite? ps. johnboy, im amazed that you observed snow patches in the sperrins on the 16th! would be interested to know how long patches could last up near the summit of sawel at nearly 700mts. any chance you taking a camera on your travels round the sperrins? im sure you could post some fantastic pics!
ski holidays

Snow on Sleive Donard Saturday.
snow conditions
any reports of snow over the weekend? was up in the sliabh beagh hills yesterday and was a good covering above about 300mts. i see those hills are still white today and looking north the southern sperrins seemed to have got plenty of snow. not much at lower levels i suspect.
snow report
BIG LAD,

Was away last week, but a mate said the Antrim Hills had 6 inches. Travelling back from Cookstown today there was still a fair bit in the gullies of the eastern Sperrins (above 300m)
ski holidays
Passed through Dungiven yesterday and there was even a wee bit of snow in the layby at the top of the Glenshane Pass (1000ft). Certainly alot of snow in the gullies of the Northern Sperrins.
snow report
Just realised the Norn Iron "snow report" has more views than Yad Moss!! If only we had a rope tow above Moneyneany!! Laughing
ski holidays
I was in Moneyneaney once...
ski holidays
Prediction of some snow next week JB so you might need that tow rope yet.
I hear its all blue skies in Italy this week,just our luck Sad
latest report
coolhandluke,

Fingers crossed for next week, but I reckon Co. Down will get more than the N. Coast.

Still looking for a cheapie in March. There are some pretty good deals on Igluski
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy