Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Northern Ireland 10/11

Poster: A snowHead
johnboy, I saw some photos of the frozen Foyle and Erne, impressive, The Shannon is also frozen, would never have imagined that happening, maybe there'll be a Frost Fair sometime soon if this thaw goes away!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
had a slide down "mount' Callan in clare today. windloaded west face was about 18" to waist deep!!!!! well worth the hour of uphill walk.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Major thaw at low levels. Most of the snow has gone from the coast, though I made sure to "collect" all the snow of our farm yard first. It is all in one big pile and I might build a kicker at the weekend.

I reckon anything about 300m is still getting snow. Antrim Hills are still brilliant white
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snow at low levels is gone. drove up to sliabh beagh hills this evening but only got as high as 200mts asl, roads are thick with snow still. friend told me they had 8 inches of snow on monday at 200mts. above 300mts will have recieved over 2 foot of snow in total. 28 days of full cover in a row over 300mts. hope to get up higher on sunday if there is anything left after next 2 days mild and wet weather.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Clare coast now all but bare even on the highest peaks in view. Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BIG LAD,

99% gone a low levels, but there is still a small patch in my garden!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The snow that has been in my garden since 18th Dec has finally gone today, however there is still a 6 ft pile of snow that I dozed off the farm yard. It will be there at least another week.

The current temp is +10. This night last week we had a low of -12!! 22 deg difference in 7 days!!

The hills above 300m are still loaded and no doubt drifting.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
was in omagh today and could see hills there with plenty of huge drifts still lying on them. i reckon the higher sperrins will have loads of snow on them still.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BIG LAD,

Was flying today and most of the snow has gone below 400m, however there are alot of big drifts as you say in Donegal and the Northern Sperrins.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Speaking of Donegal here's a fantastic one of Mount Errigal taken on Jan 9th, worth sharing

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oooooooh.

Anyone get after that?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Peter Ross,

Nice pic. Still plenty of snow yesterday when I flew over.

There is still a small mound of snow in my farm yard that I dozed up a week ago. By tomorrow morning there will have been snow on the ground for exactly 1 month. I have never seen it last longer, Ever!!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
was up in the sliabh beagh hills on mon 18th and no snow left exept for some patches visible across the higher hills.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Still some pretty big patches around Dungiven below 350m!! Along North facing ridges, so a fair bit of drifting has occured.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
any snow left on hills? bound to be some drifts persisting high up in the sperrins?
snow report
BIG LAD,

Still the odd patch on the Antrim Hills. It was snowing in Ballymena this morning.
ski holidays
2 days of fresh snow on the North Coast. Maybe 10cm lying at 300m
snow conditions
Still a few big patches in the Antrim Hills, not that high up either, but North facing. (East of Cloughmills)
ski holidays
Still snow in Antrim Shocked
snow report
Up flying yesterday and spotted big drifts of snow in the Antrim Hills, Above Dungiven, and the High Sperrins.
snow conditions
Fresh snow on the North Coast this morning.

Have been down in Kilkenny all week and there are still big drifts on the mountains down there!!
latest report
Antrim Hills and Sperrins still have full cover above 350m
snow conditions
johnboy Photos photos feed me some photos! I wonder is there much depth in the wicklow mtns it's still several metres in places.
latest report
was up in sliabh beagh on monday 1st march and was plenty of decent drifts left on hills. could see right across the sperrins and they were brilliant white. looks to be alot of snow on them. i think the sperrins have had very little time without snow this winter.
ski holidays
A friend works on the snowplough for DoE and was reporting waist deep snow on Sleiveanorra last weekend. Still covered today. Looking like the tops and gullies of the Antrim Hills could get 3 months coverage this winter!!
snow report
I was flying today and there is still loads of snow on the Sperrins, Antrim and Donegal Hills. Saw a few patches as low as 200m.
snow report
was up in sliabh beagh hills today and saw some snow patches in sheltered gullies that were 2 to 3 foot deep. last snow up there was nearly 2 weeks ago so the snow is hanging on well. must be some huge snow patches in the sperrins away from the sun.
ski holidays
The last of the snow is still hanging on in the Northern Sperrins. May be there a few more days yet, which will make 3 continuous months with snow !!!!!!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some big patches hanging on above Dungiven in the gullies. That is 4 months of snow!!!
snow report
great to hear that. surely there must be loads of patches on northern side of sawel?
ski holidays
BIG LAD,

Not actually that much on Sawel, some of it is pretty low, at around 300m. Most of it has drifted into deep shaded gullies.
snow report
Snow disappearing fast. None left in Antrim with just a few patches on the Sperrins.
latest report
drove up sliabh beagh this evening in near whiteout. good few inches of snow which was drifting in strong winds. temp 0c. snow lying from 200mts up but only drifting from 300mts up.
latest report
I heard maybe up to 50cm is expected today and tonight.
snow report
This is the mother of all storms. I have recorded 70mm of rain in 24 hrs. Alot of that has fallen as snow above 300m. Now snowing hard on the coast. Glenshane pass is closed
ski holidays
i figure its been snowing on sliabh beagh hills for about 32 hours non stop. snowing all day in monaghan town but not really lying. hills will have recieved a crazy amount by now.
snow report
Our Coastguard them was on the Glenshane last night, rescuing stranded drivers.
ski holidays
johnboy, 70mm rain, that would equal a lot of snow! Maybe a powder trip up north might be required this weekend!
latest report
Peter Ross,

Yes, there is alot of snow above 200m. Friends in the Coastguard say there were 4ft drifts on the Glenshane Pass (Main road from Derry to Belfast). Antrim Hills and Sperrins are completley pasted, but it is pretty wet stuff. Alot of power lines are down too. Dunno what it would be like to ski on.
snow report
Quote:

Alot of power lines are down too. Dunno what it would be like to ski on.

johnboy,
Shocking I'd imagine.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy