Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Northern Ireland 10/11

Poster: A snowHead
looks like a chance of first snowfall of winter this w end. do we need a new 09/10 thread?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BIG LAD,

Done. Maybe a dusting on the high Sperrins.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
any reports of snow on n. ireland hills? seems some places down south got snow.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BIG LAD,

Nothing round here, except a biting NE wind
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
was up for an walk in sliabh beagh hills today. no snow but very cold, the higher lakes over 300mts were still partly frozen at 1.pm. could hazily see the mournes, antrim hillls and sperrins but didnt seem to be any snow on them. chance of some transitional snow tomorrow though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BIG LAD,

Left Coleraine at 7.00am this morning, temp was +5. Was in Cookstown by 8.00am and it was -1!! 6 degrees difference over 42 miles!

It is below 0 here now though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
im in monaghan town now and we got down to -2.6 last nite. temp up to 3.5 now. still think inland hills will get some decent snow for a while at least. mite have to go snow hunting after work this evening!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BIG LAD,

Dunsting on Sperrins this morning
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
just sleety rain here today. prob some higher ground got snow but not much i suspect.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
reports of snow showers today in n. ireland, particularly antrim. snow showers showing up on radar now. had sleet in monaghan earlier so would expect hills to get a covering. will check in morning. antrims hills will prob have recieved alot of snow today
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BIG LAD,

Nothing visible from here. North Antrim was pretty dry today.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Some snow in Dublin mountains, just back from a cycle up there, roads pretty icey up high, very cold. Had a very cautious descent.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnboy wrote:
BIG LAD,

Nothing visible from here. North Antrim was pretty dry today.

'Sperrin 1800' - 'The Bog Valley Couloir' will be open tomorrow .... Laughing

.... waxing skis tonight ... snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
got a covering here last nite which hasnt melted all day away from the sun. barely above freezing all day.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Even some snow on the coast yesterday, but it feels a bit milder this morning. I guage temperature by how hard it is to start the tractor (Irish Piste Basher)
snow report
so johnboy, did you get the 10-20 cm that was forecast?

We've had about an inch in belfast. Rockhoppers might be out for the back garden yet Happy
snow report
3-4 max in north belfast. Up cavehill this morning - pretty much the same there.
ski holidays
some snow last nite and further showers this morning and all day. some snow loss also today but all remaining snow froze solid. was out now and back roads have solid snow on them. few flakes still blowing about in biting wind.
snow conditions
A picture tells a 1000 words! Co Antrim yesterday

snow conditions
was up in the sliabh beagh hills today and very little thaw above above 250mts over 4 inches of frozen snow at 350mts. lakes stilll froze solid. could see the southern sperrins and slieve gallion brilliant white. very wintry up there still.
ski holidays
BIG LAD,

Just flew back from Andorra. Covering on the high Mournes, but the Antrim Hills and Spreeins are still brilliant white, really beautiful. A bit less snow at sea level, but very icy. All the water troughs are frozen solid. Maybe 9 inches of ice!!!
snow report
Irish midlands froze all last week but thaw from yesterday so snow all but gone, but roads very icey in shaded areas.
snow report
any reports on what snowcover is still left in n. ireland? was up in sliabh beagh hills yesterday to about 350mts and there is 7 or 8 inches of snow with 2 foot drifts. got a good dump on wednesday 30/12. zero thaw up there and fantastic winter scene.[/img]
latest report
BIG LAD,

Yip, was in Belfast this afternoon and returned home via the Coast road, then over Slieveanorra. 4pm, it was -5 at 300m with an undrifted depth of 10 - 12 inches!!!!!!!! No thaw at all.

There has been snow in my garden since 19th December.
snow conditions
Forgot to mention the great view across to Aran which is gleaming white right down to sea level!!!!!
snow conditions
any fresh snow today in the north? saw a bit of light sleet/snow in clogher valley but didnt lay. a few flakes visible on the groung this morning from lst nite.
latest report
BIG LAD,

A few cm on the North Coast this morning and it is still there. Roads are extremley icy tonight. Had a rain shower an hour ago which has now frozen on top of the snow.
snow conditions
Went out for a muck about with a friend in Lisburn today. bout 3-4 inches on top of frozen lumpy ground, so was hard work, but pretty fun. I'm in the green trousers Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/N4MkZ-7I0SY
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
element, good effort

johnboy, Dublin roads shocking tonight also, ice everywjere but maybe another 10-15cm today for the Wicklow mountains, hopefully I can get there this weekend.
snow conditions
20 consecutive days with snow in my garden. Currently -4 with 15 cm of dry powdery snow Toofy Grin
latest report
-9 @7am Shocked
snow report
If this keeps up, I'm going Ice skating
snow report
Lowest my car thermometer read this morning was -11 @ Ballymoney
snow report
Today's high was -2 (35m above sea level, 3 miles from the coast)

Currently -8

There is snow lying on the beach in Portrush, I have heard reports of ice in the River Foyle, in L/ Derry
ski holidays
Low of -12 in Coleraine last night!!!!

Tidal part of river Bann was partly frozen. Fresh water part of the river was completley frozen. (This is the first time I have ever seen this!!!!!!!!!)

Been skiing on the hills above coleraine today. Easily 2 ft of powder at 300m.

Incredible conditions Very Happy
snow conditions
Nice one Johnboy,nothing like that down this neck of the woods Sad
Is it worth the trip up?
ski holidays
coolhandluke,

Great conditions, but alot of hiking. I have a mate who works in the Forestry Service, so we could get better than usual access up the forestry tracks. He is also a Landrover enthusiast, so we drove a fair bit of the way until even the Landrover lost grip in the deep snow.

I would reckon the Antrim Plateau has as much, if not more.
ski holidays
johnboy, 2 foot, that's decent, I don't think the Liffey has frozen yet but I did see a picture in the paper today of someone ice fishing in the Midlands near my home parish!
snow report
Peter Ross,

Lough Fea is frozen solid. I know someone who got an old Corsa, put in 1st gear and set a block on the accelerator and it made it to the other side!!!!!!!!!!! Other folk have been riding quads across it. Was over at Derry City Airport today. Lough Foyle has ice around the shore and I'm told there is ice on the River Foyle. Didn't get flying as the General Aviation taxiways were frozen. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
LIVE REPORT FROM ANTRIM HILLS 9.00pm 10/1/10

Friend has been up in his Defender all day around Mt Slieveanorra (500m). Reporting 26 inches of snow above 300m. Now starting to drift. Spent the past 5 hrs winching to get 1 mile Shocked
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy