Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

evicting tenants from flat in val thorens

Poster: A snowHead
They are onto us - Ive been deleted !!!! Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
admin wrote:
Hurtle, speaks wisely.
In the past I've been on each side myself, both having been stiffed for monies owed and accused of owing money unjustly.
While I do not specificaly distrust what the OP has claimed, neither do I automatically accept it as the whole story.

This may seem like a bit of fun solely at the expense of 'the bad men' but real people may be getting maligned here and that's hurtful to anyone.
I'd prefer to see/hear a response before this goes any further.

One of the people accused earlier in this topic (names since removed) is a member of snowHeads and offers a discount for snowHeads. There have been no previous problems that I know of.
I would like to think that this situation is the result of an error or misunderstanding and can be resolved amicably without recourse to lynch mobs roaming either the internet or the solid-world.

In all fairness, that is a good point and one to be respected.

On the other hand, any chance of getting some cheaper accommodation in VT for any bashes...?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stephen buck wrote:
Thanks for all the comments, everyone. Just to update you - the publicity has now generated an e-mail response from the people concerned, but I shall not necessarily believe what they say, nor be satisfied, until the money is safely in my account.
Great, hopefully that's all sorted then!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stephen buck wrote:
Thanks for all the comments, everyone. Just to update you - the publicity has now generated an e-mail response from the people concerned, but I shall not necessarily believe what they say, nor be satisfied, until the money is safely in my account.

As entertaining as this thread has been, I hope for all directly concerned that this movement marks the begining of the end of it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Top 10 poster and I've only been a member an hour.

admin, perhaps this would be a good time to negotiate an EoSB discount in the F&R Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just logged back in after doing a bit of work Shocked Shocked Shocked

27 new registrations on the F&R forum in the last two days! I don't know about the rent arrears issue, but this has probably been the most publicity the site has ever seen! Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
admin, perhaps this would be a good time to negotiate an EoSB discount in the F&R Laughing Laughing
Waaaay ahead of u there - we already have a discount there Little Angel

Negotiation was easy though: I just showed them a couple of photos of Charlatanefc in full effect at the PSB and they knew they just couldn't say 'no' Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AxsMan, Laughing Laughing Laughing

Topics seem a bit one-sided though.....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
admin wrote:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Waaaay ahead of u there - we already have a discount there Little Angel

Negotiation was easy though: I just showed them a couple of photos of Charlatanefc in full effect at the PSB and they knew they just couldn't say 'no' Wink

That could be false advertising though - from what I have heard ! wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dear 'Friendly' Snowheaders.

I have been watching your thread with interest, and I am sure you are having fun it is a shame that your 'fun' affects people and businesses. I know you don't know the full details of this issue so you can only comment on what you know. It is shame you don't know the whole details otherwise I suspect this thread would have finished quite early.

It's not nice to hear the heavies are going to come around, sounds like a threat (in fact quite a few threats here), can anyone advice on how I should proceed with this? :0)

There is a little confusion in the thread - one of many - the Frog and Roastbeef do not own or have anything to do with SkiGB or The Ski Club of Great Britain. So the Frog is not in the business of letting out flats. - abc!!

Anyway as you are all concerned about the payment to Stephen I guess I should give you some 'facts' on the subject. We paid Stephen back in December, it left our account but however it was BLOCKED by Stephens bank. They didn't inform our bank so we thought we had paid. Doesn't look like Stephen checked either? We are also paying him the full season amount on Monday so HIS bank does not screw him again!

I would also like to describe what a Pub (official) is and why it can be called a pub:

It has to owned by someone who is British.
It must serve Ale.
It must serve food.
It must supply games.

I know this resort very well, and there isn't another pub in the resort let alone higher!!!

On a final thought, when I joined Snowheads I was welcomed and everyone said how nice everyone is. Not much evidence of it here (disappointed), most of you have already jumped to your conclusions and convicted us already! Well now you know it wasn't our fault and we have done everything we said we would do.

Stuart

PS: I will clean up the Frog Forum once you have had your fun, enjoy!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SkiGB.com, Look on the bright side - Your website/forum has seen its traffic quadruple today. And if it turns out that everything is as you say, you will have gained a whole bunch of well meaning potential customers who might even feel the need to come and drink in your bar, sorry, PUB, just to show there's no hard feelings snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SkiGB.com, Ask Britney Spears, no such thing as bad publicity rolling eyes Confused Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SkiGB.com wrote:
I would also like to describe what a Pub (official) is and why it can be called a pub:

It has to owned by someone who is British.
It must serve Ale.
It must serve food.
It must supply games.

Egad! There are a lot bars masquerading as pubs in Blighty then! Shocked
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SkiGB.com, Fair enough ... but if you have been 'watching with interest' then you could/should have intervened earlier; clarified with the OP or Admin or Moderators and neither this post nor anything else would have taken place Confused

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 4-01-08 17:17; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SkiGB.com, well, I for one didn't know much about your establishment until this thread and, if I ever get drunk enough to book into VT, I'll be more certain than ever of dropping in to see the evil barstewards in real life. I think the net result of all this is that you'll flog more booze... and that'll probably cover the rent. A result all round.
snow report
Agenterre, that is indeed a fair point.

In the further interest of reasonableness, I think one should also allow stephen buck to respond and thereby close the loop. I'm sure he must be aware of how this has snowBalled.
snow report
Actually, thinking about it, this must be an elaborate publicity scam. Remember when Michael Jackson went missing somewhere in Europe? An enterprising fella at the Avoriaz tourist office decided to leak to the press that he was in Avoriaz... next thing you know the world's press had booked every room in the place and pumped huge amounts of money into bars. Michael Jackson had never set foot in the place.
snow conditions
Marcus, it would be more fun to hear from his bank.
ski holidays
Agenterre, Little Angel well put!
AxsMan, likewise Little Angel
SkiGB.com, isn't it heartening to you that you belong to this very tight community too wink snowHead ? ...I don't think you can moan too much about the OP though, as you clearly hadn't responded to his emails - else he wouldn't have felt the need to start this thread Confused
latest report
Bode Swiller wrote:
Actually, thinking about it, this must be an elaborate publicity scam. Remember when Michael Jackson went missing somewhere in Europe? An enterprising fella at the Avoriaz tourist office decided to leak to the press that he was in Avoriaz... next thing you know the world's press had booked every room in the place and pumped huge amounts of money into bars. Michael Jackson had never set foot in the place.
Laughing Laughing Laughing classic!
snow report
Interesting comment SkiGB.com, and fair point about hearing both sides. I'm glad things seem to be resolved - the power of the interweb I guess!! However, . . .
Quote:

the Frog and Roastbeef do not own or have anything to do with SkiGB or

. . . I don't understand this bit since your username is SkiGB and you have a link on your footer to SkiGB. I'm not that worried about it, just thought you might want to clarify that too.
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
Marcus, it would be more fun to hear from his bank.

Well if what is alledged is indeed the case I wouldn't hold your breath!
ski holidays
SkiGB.com, Glad it's all resolved however a prompter response to Steven's emails may have limited the F&RB bashing ? Just a thought.

I'm sure this will not deter us from frequenting your delightful establishment in April where hopefully all will be forgiven albeit with some mild ribbing snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
At least we now know that the money had not been paid. SkiGB.com Can I suggest you improve communication between you and your suppliers.
latest report
A bit of notoriety is GOOD for a pub... the only reason The Blind Beggar in Whitechapel is so frequented is because Reggie Kray topped someone in the loos. This is effective publicity for the F&RB. And to top it off he's even getting SkiGB.com noticed... f awful website by the way but I went and had a look and I bet many others have too.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, Madeye-Smiley I haven't looked at any of them - I'm subversive like that Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Ho ho ho. Class thread!
snow report
As part of my job I'm responsible for ensuring funds get transferred to obscure different parts of the world to obscure institutions. Sometimes these transfers are declined by the recipient's bank, for whatever reason, and returned to our bank. We as the sender may not get notified of this and the recipient certainly won't be or told what's happened as the payment isn't linked to them yet. Only the sender can query the payment. However, as soon as I am notified by the intended recipient that the money hasn't been received, it's a very quick job to find out what's happened and why (well, someone else does that, not me - but it doesn't take them long! Toofy Grin ). Normally a slight error in account name on the payment or suchlike. Any errors are rectified and the funds re-sent. Normally within a day or so.

I'm glad it looks like the problem may be resolved but there's not really any excuse for communications going quiet, if that's what happened.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SkiGB.com, An unpleasant defensive/aggressive end to your otherwise admirable and informative post Stuart.... tarring us all with same brush, a cheap trick oft used by 2nd division school teachers. May I suggest editing out the last paragraph?
snow report
red 27, No point as lots of us would also be obliged to edit our tosh Embarassed Laughing
snow conditions
red 27,
Quote:
An unpleasant defensive/aggressive end

What this bit?

Quote:
On a final thought, when I joined Snowheads I was welcomed and everyone said how nice everyone is. Not much evidence of it here (disappointed), most of you have already jumped to your conclusions and convicted us already! Well now you know it wasn't our fault and we have done everything we said we would do.

It was perfectly fair comment given the circumstances, in my opinion.
snow report
PJSki, yeah that bit PJ - I guess we disagree.... 'most' snowheads didn't give a rat's 'back bottom' about Stewie, his pub, the rent, Val Thorens or any of the other ghastly WhiteGold resorts, anglo pubs or the Watneys Red Barrel brigade who drink in them..

p.s. ignore me - I've been on the ale Madeye-Smiley - off to the GrandMere of Swiss resorts on sunday and it's affecting my rationale thought processes.

Good luck to you all, landlords, tenants, heavies, softies, numpties, tinky-winky la-la and po-face.

x
ski holidays
I have a real problem with the F&RB. They force lager down my throat, make me hurt from laughing and have created some form of addiction so now I feel I need to revisit the place in April.

Damn you frogs, damn you Mad Razz Razz
latest report
red 27, Laughing

PJSki, yep totally fair IMHO considering what we chucked at him.

I hope the F&R is a success and that it was all a misunderstanding. I have visited twice, its in a decent spot, but it felt tired under the old ownership
snow conditions
Twas full of ciggy smoke and noisy Danes Swedes etc when I was there last and the floor was swimming in beer, the music was too loud as well. We never went back even though it was the office hour location for the SCGB rep. BUT I'm sure it is a much nicer place to drink now especially with Admin's discount snowHead
latest report
boredsurfin, And its all non smoking now with new floor, paint, varnish, beams etc etc. They even serve good beer. Bonus Little Angel
snow conditions
SkiGB.com, I apologize for mistaking who's letting flat. But that doesn't change my view as to who APPEARS to be the root of the problem.

As cathy had pointed out, it's not rocket science to find out a transfer failed.

Even as an individual, I've had similar experience of payment not received, due entirely by bank error. And as cathy and her colleague, the first thing I did was reassure the recipient that I would check with the bank AND UPDATE HIM as to what I found out. And inevitably, the "check" with the bank un-covered the issue and a resolution soon followed.

The "starting accusation" of the OP was specifically, non-response from the sender!!!
ski holidays
abc, there is no mistaking the fact that this site was used to demand money with menaces. If I was SkiGB.com (Stuart) I'd be making a complaint to my local force in the UK.
snow conditions
Is it illegal to demand money on a public web site? Puzzled
latest report
PJSki, Laughing good one. Remind me not to do business with you.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy