Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

evicting tenants from flat in val thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Hi - can any one help with a problem I have with tenants in my flat in Val Thorens?

I rented it for the season to the owners of a British bar, for them to put their staff in. However, they have not yet paid a penny in rent, giving me a variety of excuses and stories for the missed payments, and are now not returing calls or e-mails. This is now giving me big problems with paying the mortgage and other bills.

Do I have the right to go over there and enter the flat and take it back from them?

And how can I then reclaim the rent arrears legally in a foreign country?

Many thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well first of all name and shame them here! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Then send the heavies round - Johnnyboy???? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stephen buck, get some legal advice. Tenants can't be evicted in France during the winter months. Register on www.laymyhat.com/forum and ask the same question, most there have short-term holiday rentals, but others let out on a long term basis.They may know of legal advice you can seek.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stephen buck, did you have a proper French rental contract?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If it was made clear that the rental was only for the summer season, surely they can be evicted (?) And the total non payment of rent (as opposed to making a small payment) must surely make a difference.
If the company are not answering calls perhaps they no longer exist.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 3-01-08 14:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stephen buck, is the pub too high to pay up? And is it run by frogs or rosbifs?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.french-property.com/guides/france/working-in-france/letting-property/legal-proceedings
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowball, that will depend on the length of the contract, French law is different to the UK, which is why he needs legal advice.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cathy, well, I shall name and shame , as Wear The Fox Hat, guesses - the Frog and Roastbeef.

I had rented my apartment to the previous owners, Chris and Fiona McGregor for many seasons, without problems. When they sold it to the current owners, they asked if I would continue rent it to the new boys, with their recommendation, which I agreed to. We have no written contract as such, just e-mails confirming the details.

I notce that one of them also has a company called www.skigb.com , which ironically rents out flats in VT. He is also fellow a Ski Club GB rep, which I'd hoped meant he'd be honest and relaible.

I further understand that the bar is doing well so far this year, so they should not be short of cash. Anyone on the ground over there who can confirm this?

Thanks also for the legal links, whihc I shall look into.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Does anyone on here pay for the suggested 'Top Tip' on Helen Beaumont, link for non-payment insurance? We only do short term lets because I know people who have fallen foul of long term lets (not in France but in Spain).

Hope this all work itself out stephen buck,
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stephen buck i've only been in the F&R once this winter (to meet up with our man on the spot johhnyboy) and it seemed busy enough

hope you can get it sorted...........
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stephen buck, do they have any assets over here worth suing them for? (IANAL)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Go round and knock 'em out.

Then email the SCGB and let them know of the alleged bad behavior.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Email them and tell them how pleased you'd be to be able to report on this thread that the situation has been resolved..... Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
laundryman, I imagine they do. in the past I have had to go to court to retrieve rent arrears, but I believe I would need their UK address, if anyone can help?
snow conditions
I dont have any legal training but surely if there is no formal agreement, as the owner, you are perfectly entitled to to enter your property, remove anything that you no longer wish to have in 'your' flat, and change the locks on 'your' flat. Job Done! But I reckon you might have to kiss goodbye to the rent arrears Mad
latest report
Helena wrote:
I dont have any legal training but surely if there is no formal agreement, as the owner, you are perfectly entitled to to enter your property, remove anything that you no longer wish to have in 'your' flat, and change the locks on 'your' flat. Job Done!

I do have formal legal training and you are wrong (under English law anyway) NehNeh

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 3-01-08 16:11; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Thanks for all the help so far
snow report
Well their website says its owned & managed by Duncan and Rory http://www.thefrogandroastbeef.com/spawn.htm

Hmmmmm, I see they have a forum Twisted Evil Twisted Evil http://www.thefrogandroastbeef.com/forum/
latest report
stephen buck wrote:
Thanks for all the help so far - I've been given a possible UK address for Stuart / Stewart Cole (does anyone know which spelling it is?)

on SCGB site

Stuart Cole: I love to ski powder (who doesn't!) and finding interesting routes to keep the interest high on the boring runs. Bit of a fan of the 3 Valleys, so much so I bought some apartments there (see www.SkiGB.com for details - plug over!). I have a keen interest in Ski filming, come on Warren Miller give me a bell!

Currently Stuart is not repping or leading a holiday this season. If this changes we will update the information here
snow conditions
Arno, and I believe you would also be wrong under French law, (no legal training at all) as it protects the tenant, there is no eviction allowed in winter months.
snow report
cathy, - interesting. I imagine Rory is the manager.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, i've edited my post to make it a bit clearer - wasn't suggesting you can just re-enter in UK and it sounds like you can't in France either
ski holidays
stephen buck, I am not a lawyer, The French process is long and cumbersome to evict tenants ( up to 2 years not being uncommon) ... and you also have no legal agreement with any company ( nor where they may be incorporated) or individual(s) afaics.

I would firstly try and contact ( maybe a snowHead could walk in the bar and demand / ask politely for info and explain their name is being dragged through the shoite) with a view to a) gettting arrears paid an b) a formal contract , if that didnt work in 3 or 4 days ....

I would cut losses and send in 10 smelly snowHead to sleep on floor and use others stuff or send Heavies in and change locks ( they're bound to be falling foul of someone's tax laws so unlikely to do anything ..... thinks, does skigb pay French taxes ? It should.)

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 3-01-08 16:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
stephen buck, you can also have a look at the electoral role for a small fee to confirm his address at

http://www.theukelectoralroll.co.uk/
ski holidays
Convict them in the public court! Smile

Since they're in the business of letting their flats. You can basically bad mouth them to warn off all potential tenants. Who wants to rent from a party that doesn't pay their own rent? Would the flat still be there when they show up with gear and children in tow? Such and such...

But perhaps befoer actually doing that, send them a note detailing what you plan to do in court and in public. Maybe you'll actually get a portion of your rent back if you agree to go to court AND IN PUBLIC (except you already did)...
ski holidays
stephen buck, My sympathies. IMHO it is theft. A real shame the EoSB is not until the end of the season. A beered up kramer and charlatanefc would have had them runing for the exits.
latest report
Start posting on the SCGB website about this. Shame them as they are members. Be polite but why not ask there?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, I've tried to register with laymyhat.com, but keep getting the message - Spambot Registration Attempt. I can#t seem to contact them to find out what that means. Any ideas?
snow conditions
stephen buck if you need a hand with anything w/e 11-13 jan me and 2 mates are in VT........
snow conditions
Get Johnnyboy to go round and talk about West Ham Twisted Evil
latest report
stephen buck, PM on its way to you.

As for laymyhat - if you're using a hotmail or yahoo account they may object.
snow report
stephen buck, I'm out there next week - large guy, a good 100 kilos and a mean look when it suits Twisted Evil Anything I can do to help?....Please.... Twisted Evil
latest report
Marcus maybe we can team up as enforcers to try and recover some of the cash (with a % donation to snowHead of course Twisted Evil )
ski holidays
Im off to Les Menuires tommorow snowHead - i'm sure me, Marcus and Roger C could pop in to see them Twisted Evil let me know if you need some assistance
snow report
Shocked Shocked Shocked .....& how about some photos please guys while you're all muscling in wink Laughing
snow conditions
Roger C and Hezza heh heh what do you think? 15% for debt recovery? Might just pay for a good night out
latest report
stephen buck, Something on their website is dissapointing, They are using the snowHead 's logo associating the establishment with this fine institution. Hopefully it is an oversight if not do as cathy, stated and let them know that the 9000+ registered users of snowHead 's are aware of the situation and would like to be kept informed on the progress of the late/non payment issue!!

Good luck. Happy new year everyone!
snow report
Marcus, 15% ...each? Laughing
snow report
Hezza wrote:
15% ...each? Laughing
crikey, how much beer do you like? Shocked wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy