Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

evicting tenants from flat in val thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Marcus, Hezza i've been going to the Viking about 3 doors down as it does a 2 for 1 happy "hour" 4-7pm every day but if we'll be drinking our commision I'll be happy to change me allegiance to the Frog!!!!! Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stephen buck, Just change the locks, leave their stuff outside in bin liners, say they left voluntarily if it ever gets that far - your word v theirs. Going the proper route could see you tied up beyond the winter. There's no real paperwork either way so it would be difficult for them to claim eviction. No need for heavies (although I know it's tempting), just a bit of locksmithery. Get your place back, then go after the back rent. Then get even. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Roger C wrote:
Marcus, Hezza i've been going to the Viking about 3 doors down as it does a 2 for 1 happy "hour" 4-7pm every day but if we'll be drinking our commision I'll be happy to change me allegiance to the Frog!!!!! Smile

Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hee hee, it's fun using other forums! Twisted Evil Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Okay, I've just edited out any references to names of people concerned. Please don't repost them.....we'd like for the people concerned to have a chance to respond before they're hung, drawn and quartered by the snowHeads masse Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stephen buck, I will try and find out why for you.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller, nice idea but this thread might give the game away.

stephen buck good luck, I haven't got any good advice but my thoughts are with you.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PM sent
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
flowa wrote:
Bode Swiller, nice idea but this thread might give the game away
The place must be left unoccupied quite a lot (like right now for example) so it would simply be a case of waiting for the moment. I know someone who did exactly this in Tignes once... worked a dream. No fuss, no threats, just Monsieur Le Locksmith.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller wrote:
flowa wrote:
Bode Swiller, nice idea but this thread might give the game away
The place must be left unoccupied quite a lot (like right now for example) so it would simply be a case of waiting for the moment. I know someone who did exactly this in Tignes once... worked a dream. No fuss, no threats, just Monsieur Le Locksmith.

I understood your point the first time but I think you've missed mine. wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dress up as bailiffs and sort 'em out.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh dear, what terribly horrible people. They've unregistered me from their forum - and deleted my thread. Sad I was only wanting to find out where I could find free accommodation for the season in Val T Confused

Before I was de-registered (what is the correct term??) I did notice they had a whole lot of new members join up yesterday and today Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
All this talk about evicting people...... who is responsible for the rent (albeit in a loose, non-contractual way). If it's the bar owners then it's hardly fair to evict (or hassle) the workers. If it is the workers, then there's no point pursuing the bar owners Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy, Yes I was one of them wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You are a very 'naughty' cathy, but it was very funny! BTW - I suspect they are now very 'aware' ... and you are the proud person to be first 'BANNED' from their site wink

holidayloverxx, On the face of it 'The Owners' made the agreement ... alas the 'workers' will have to be inconvenienced otherwise nothing will be resolved. The 'workers' will be protected and the 'owners' will need to have to find them alternative accomodation under the terms of their contracts ... assuming they have them of course ... perhaps another can of worms?
snow conditions
This has all the potential of another Lee Lau v Altitude Media online meltdown Toofy Grin . I suggest that the issue is brought to the attention of the TGR maggots!

Quote:

who is responsible for the rent (albeit in a loose, non-contractual way). If it's the bar owners then it's hardly fair to evict (or hassle) the workers. If it is the workers, then there's no point pursuing the bar owners
holidayloverxx, at the end of the day there are non-paying inhabitants and stephen buck has a mortgage to pay. That's the bit that's not fair (even though he shouldn't have agreed to such a loose arrangement). By now I hope he's had the good sense to go claim his property back by fair means or foul.
latest report
It appears cathy, is not the only one 'keeping an eye on them' wink

snowHead
ski holidays
AxsMan, 'The Dirty Dozen' ? wink
snow conditions
Agenterre, Laughing The 12 alpostles ? Laughing
snow conditions
AxsMan, Agenterre, Laughing Laughing Looks like a certain Slushnut is no longer a member either - he/she had posted to my thread Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Don't worry, I see Frosty the Bailiff has signed up (wonder who that can be?) Laughing
snow conditions
Just registered. Let some more fun begin Twisted Evil
latest report
Marcus, 'The Terminator' wink
snow report
I would suggest that if there is no signed contract that you should just go there and change the locks on them. Dump any of their gear in the middle of their pub on a Friday or Saturday evening (when they are at their most busy).

If they have no signed contrat they have no recourse.
snow conditions
AxsMan, yeah? Can you believe what he just psoted?

Quote:
I'm planning on an extended trip to VT in the immediate future and am looking for cheap accom.

Wondered if anyone here might be able to help?

I tried snowheads, but they're a bit sensitive about really cheap requests for accommodation at the moment for some reason
snow report
Very "voyeuristic" of me in a sense, but I'm dying to know the outcome of this! Embarassed
snow conditions
While you are on there remind them they are the 2nd highest pub in Val Thorens
snow report
davidof, oooooh. That's just nasty wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Marcus wrote:
AxsMan, yeah? Can you believe what he just psoted?

Quote:
I'm planning on an extended trip to VT in the immediate future and am looking for cheap accom.

Wondered if anyone here might be able to help?

I tried snowheads, but they're a bit sensitive about really cheap requests for accommodation at the moment for some reason

Laughing Laughing

That won't last long! Very Happy

We're making fun out of this - but I do feel for Stephen Buck and the situation he's in. It's not right & I do hope you get it resolved Stephen.
snow report
The_Hirsty,
Quote:

If they have no signed contrat they have no recourse.

That would not be true in English law and it is unlikely to be so in French law. Far be it from me to suggest putting money in lawyers' pockets, but I really do think the safe answer in this case is to get some basic legal advice before deciding what to do next (and that includes bandying names about on a public forum - v gd moderation Elizabeth B Smile ). Sorry to put a dampener on the commendable enthusiasm and helpfulness of the snowHead community.
snow conditions
This is the best thread in ages Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Hurtle, someone either owes you money, or they don't. Surely?
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, it's remarkable how often even that turns out to be uncertain in a legal dispute. wink But it's more what one does about it, assuming there is a debt, that concerns me. English law, at least, is incredibly protective of people who occupy property, on whatever basis.
snow report
Hurtle, I know a little ( but am NOT a lawyer) and French law is even more exacting on the matters involved ... but as Brits..????

Stephen Buck please say if you would like us to stop .... otherwise I suspect / (know) Shocked they will get more stick.

Frosty the Snowman, I'm with you .. Bad Debts ... also a tad ashamed that Brits in France behave like this , wonder what they're doing for 'our' reputation with local suppliers ?
ski holidays
Thanks for all the comments, everyone. Just to update you - the publicity has now generated an e-mail response from the people concerned, but I shall not necessarily believe what they say, nor be satisfied, until the money is safely in my account.
snow report
Well that's about 7 over there now. One poster seems to be thinking of eating and drinking there next week and running a tab. Wonder if they'll pay?
snow report
Agenterre,
Quote:

I know a little ( but am NOT a lawyer) and French law is even more exacting on the matters involved ... but as Brits..????

Real property (realty, land, call it what you will) - French law applies.
snow conditions
I noticed Slushnut registered as well wink
snow conditions
Who is this Guvnor the Squatter character?
latest report
Hurtle, speaks wisely.
In the past I've been on each side myself, both having been stiffed for monies owed and accused of owing money unjustly.
While I do not specificaly distrust what the OP has claimed, neither do I automatically accept it as the whole story.

This may seem like a bit of fun solely at the expense of 'the bad men' but real people may be getting maligned here and that's hurtful to anyone.
I'd prefer to see/hear a response before this goes any further.

One of the people accused earlier in this topic (names since removed) is a member of snowHeads and offers a discount for snowHeads. There have been no previous problems that I know of.
I would like to think that this situation is the result of an error or misunderstanding and can be resolved amicably without recourse to lynch mobs roaming either the internet or the solid-world.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy