Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

evicting tenants from flat in val thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
PJSki, there was no rental agreement

Bode Swiller, in that case threaten them all you like, it's sure to be ok. rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AxsMan, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AxsMan, good spot
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PJSki, do you really ski in your PJ's?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PJSki wrote:
Quote:
PJSki, there was no rental agreement

Bode Swiller, in that case threaten them all you like, it's sure to be ok. rolling eyes

I can't see who has been threatened here. If you owed me money and had ignored my emails/calls etc for long enough I'd knock on your door and ask for the cash. You'd feel threatened but I wouldn't have threatened you. Whenever I used to have a bad debt situation experience taught me to go for the jugular every time (after a brief nicey nicey period of course). Some people just hate paying bills. Either they can't (in which case they should discuss it openly with you) or they just prefer the money in their account to it being in yours. Business is war.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, ahem... no apostrophe required in PJs... now do you feel threatened?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
PJSki, do you really ski in your PJ's?

In my PJ's what?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, nope, but I will smash you face in next time we meet wink and you are right; business is war, and it's gonna be bloody in this coming year.

PS was the semi colon right?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller, Frosty the Snowman, "It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Speaking of colons........
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SkiGB.com wrote:

I would also like to describe what a Pub (official) is and why it can be called a pub:

It has to owned by someone who is British.
It must serve Ale.
It must serve food.
It must supply games.

and owned by the only gay in the village I suppose?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, I'm enjoying the semi. This site needs more semis.

2008 - yes, only the quick and the strong will survive. That might be wrong but it's the attitude I'm adopting.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
davidof, It do not recall any requirement to serve or supply dangley bits.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, They call them 'pommmes de ris de veau' in the Alpes Little Angel

Edit: only with less 'm's Embarassed

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 5-01-08 0:19; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
davidof, you edited your post Crying or Very sad and now I look even stoooopider Embarassed
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Hard to believe that's possible really Shocked Laughing
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
davidof, you edited your post Crying or Very sad and now I look even stoooopider Embarassed

yeah sorry.

Anyway I'm going to contact the La Direction Générale de la Concurrence, de la Consommation et de la Répression des fraudes to get them to change their name to "Frob and Rosbif, 2nd highest pub in Val Thorens"

Laughing
ski holidays
Having just read this thread it is great entertainment, I think there is a marketing opportunity here, could have “ snowHead enforcer” or “I am a snowHead I feel threatened” T shirts made.
snow report
AxsMan, We shall have to ski together one day. It would be a laugh Very Happy
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, I think you'd be doing most of the laughing Embarassed (but yes, it'd be a giggle. I'm working on getting a pass to the EOSB (as well as the MSB) so maybe.....) snowHead
ski holidays
AxsMan wrote:
Bode Swiller, Frosty the Snowman, "It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." Madeye-Smiley
I like that but what Stephen Buck has done is successfully utilise a Chinese Attacking Strategem "Startle the snake by hitting the grass around it". I hope that helps.
latest report
Bode Swiller, I am a bit lost. Who was it that grassed on the snake Puzzled
snow report
Bode Swiller, Actually my favourite is "Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day" but that's another story Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Time for bed kids Very Happy Night night!
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, you're taking the hiss now
ski holidays
AxsMan, Laughing
latest report
Hey guys ... how did I miss the drama ... Admin, is it possible to merge this thread with Jo66 boot fitting thread an then we have propa dramz Wink

To any one in the future who has any tenancy issues I suggest watching the Beat That My Heart Skipped a french film ... really good too!
snow report
Let's establish some facts, or at least representation of facts, before (well after) anyone gets slaughtered:

stephen buck, can you post some sort of time line of events, when was agreed payment date, what comms have happened since (and method). You can quite reasonably drop copies of emails in if you want, just edit/obscure personal details.

If you are being stiffed, then they deserve the er 'hassle' but let's get the 'fact' view. You'll also find establishing a time line very useful should you end up having to resort to legal recourse.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
666 wrote:
stephen buck, can you post some sort of time line of events,
or, as an alternative suggestion, don't Wink

I think/hope that this is all sorted out so let's just take everyone at their word for now and hope that Stephen's all important payment shows up without further complication. I'm sure we'll be the first to know if it doesn't and I hope we'll be the first to hear the good news if it does.

One question remains though, "How can any of us possibly sleep in the meantime, not knowing?"
snow conditions
admin,

Quote:
"How can any of us possibly sleep in the meantime, not knowing?"

I can't, it's going to ruin tomorrow's skiing Twisted Evil
latest report
PJSki wrote:
Agenterre wrote:
PJSki, Ever met any of the individuals referred to in this thread perchance ?

Nope.

Excellent. There were only 2 options before I posed the question :-

a) That you were acquainted or
b) You are that (in)famous local Troll who surfaces from behind his BRidge at such times.

Your response confirms who you are and exonerates others from association with such idiotic comment.
latest report
Id gladly knock on their, door, and march them off to the nearest cash machine & get them to coff up the rent arrears, whilst a couple of freinds emptied their belongings into the snow!!
One thing I cannot stand is spongers and freeloaders!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Please listen to the Boss, guys!
ski holidays
Agenterre, wink
ski holidays
To be continued...........
latest report
plectrum wrote:
Hey guys ... how did I miss the drama ... Admin, is it possible to merge this thread with Jo66 boot fitting thread an then we have propa dramz Wink

Ooh I'm famous ! Laughing
latest report
A further update - the only true fact that I can establish is that there is still no rent in my account.

I have checked again with my bank and the details given were correct, so I don't understand what the problem could be. There is even a branch of my bank in VT, so cash or a cheque could have been paid in direct over the counter at any time over the past 3 weeks that the rent has been overdue, in order to resolve this whole issue.

In the back of my mind is the fact that I rented the apartment to a tour operator some years ago, and similar sequence of events occured. The final outcome was that some months later I had to submit a claim to the receivers, when the firm went into liquidation, from which I subsequently did not receive a single penny.

Thanks for all the suggestions, messages of support and PM's I've received.
snow report
stephen buck, Give him until Tuesday, then get back to the court of snowHead 's
ski holidays
stephen buck, Isn't it too early to see it showing in your account? I suspect you're not in VT yourself. Is there anyone you can send in to pick up cash... I'm assuming they'll have plenty in the till after a busy week-end. If all fails I suggest a task force (a la Maggie Thatcher 1982) to go in and liberate your sovereign property.
snow report
Wow what a thread!

Having been in VT for the last 2 weeks I would like to add that Dunc,Rory and Stu run a neat pub with good food.(GREAT BURGERS etc) Oh yes and I am an x banker for Credit Agricole, so wait a few days and I am sure as Stu said the payment will have gone through. I suggest we applaud all those pub owners who help us have a great holiday in the Alps!

Anyone want cheap ski hire? (small plug)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy