Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Outsize snowchains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
sh4dow, I thought the standard wheels were 20 or 21 inch at most?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HutToHut wrote:
foxtrotzulu,
Quote:

Might look a bit odd with all Overfinch add-ons and standard wheels

I'm not sure Overfinch owners are really expecting to go up anything steeper than a sleeping policeman.
Quote:
Overfinch is becoming increasingly popular with celebrities – in particular, footballers and their wives and girlfriends (known in the British press as WAGs).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
19 standad fit, going up to 22 for the full not off roader autobiography.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Filthyphil30k wrote:
19 standad fit, going up to 22 for the full not off roader autobiography.

Blimey, you're right. I guess the key phrase is 'not off-roader'! Why? Why? Why? It would be be like buying a pair of skis and finding a warning label saying "Not For Use On Slippery Surfaces"
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
foxtrotzulu, I work in Mayfair 2 days a week, the most common car is a New Range rover with 22 inch wheels, tinted glass and every option in the world, these are not off roaders, they are status symbols/ comfortable for city driving ( especially if there is a driver), also can you imagine going off road in a £100,000 car? They seem to have replaced the Mercedes S class as the wheels of choice.
Second most popular seems to be RR Phantoms, especially practical for city driving.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Be interesting to see if BGA responds....almost 7 years later Laughing

I wonder if he's even still driving the same car Laughing

Funny seeing some of spyderman's old posts, too Smile Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sh4dow, thanks for the link to Blumec - interesting concept.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
blahblahblah wrote:
Harry Flashman, How much are the tyres?

Haven't priced them up yet, but set of 5 with about 5k miles on them, on black modular steel wheels, including snow chains and locking nuts. Will take pics and stick them on here before anywhere else: hopefully another SH will get good use out of them. The Landy will be going too as it really is surplus to requirements now Sad

Here they are before I set off for France...

DSC_1206.jpg by baconrashers, on Flickr

And in France!

DSC_0075.jpg by baconrashers, on Flickr

Good winter tyres are very useful things, I found!

OP - I will look up where I found my chains. Very oversize to fit these wheels and tyres...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BGA, parlor, and others?

Am I the only one who noticed this thread was a reprise from 2007?!

Am I the only one here who knows what BGA stands for? I bet I am!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Harry Flashman wrote:
blahblahblah wrote:
Harry Flashman, How much are the tyres?

Haven't priced them up yet, but set of 5 with about 5k miles on them, on black modular steel wheels, including snow chains and locking nuts. Will take pics and stick them on here before anywhere else: hopefully another SH will get good use out of them. The Landy will be going too as it really is surplus to requirements now Sad

Here they are before I set off for France...

DSC_1206.jpg by baconrashers, on Flickr

And in France!

DSC_0075.jpg by baconrashers, on Flickr

Good winter tyres are very useful things, I found!

OP - I will look up where I found my chains. Very oversize to fit these wheels and tyres...

I love your Landrover.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Harry Flashman, Forget the Landy or the tyres..... Those are great photos! Well done. Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rungsp wrote:

Am I the only one who noticed this thread was a reprise from 2007?!

Er, no

Cacciatore wrote:
Be interesting to see if BGA responds....almost 7 years later Laughing

I wonder if he's even still driving the same car Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cacciatore, What did Thornyhill say about nobody reading your posts.......
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy