Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Touring ski length question?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
plectrum,

Endo's with G-fit.....? stiff, aren't they.....?

Changing soles is a doddle thankfully...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JT, They feel awesome! I was scared going down a size to 28 in a small fitting boot range too but they feel perfect ( in the living room ). The real test will be after a few days in the mountains but I am happy so far and they boots look so rock'ard Garmont design crazy shizzle!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
plectrum,

good luck with the new kit and I hope you enjoy touring as much as you think you will.

In my (distinctly limited) experience, it's wonderful.

Have you done much mountaineering or wild backpacking? The reason I ask is that, IMO, ski touring is more about the uphill than the downhill (takes 5-10 times as long!) and the overall experience has more in common with mountaineering and backpacking than lift-served skiing.

J
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jedster, '0' I'm a city boy, only endurance I have experience of is long distance cycling both on flats and in hills. I am though quite fascinated by the mountains and I have a degree in Geology and so to be honest it is more than just about the downhill. Trust me I'm a loser when I'm on the chair lifts regularly trying to spot the shear zones and figure out which bits of rock at 3000m used to be below sea level !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy