Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
weeSKI,

Bring your thermals. Haven't seen it look so white before. Looks like it has stopped snowing now and the forecast for the next week is bitterly, bitterly cold. Those going out for opening week are in for a treat. Laughing Montchavin first thing this morning.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gwaelod, Thanks for the tip.. shall come out fully loaded with thermals!! Darn, its looking good out there.. sooo excited now... only 4 sleeps now..... Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Charli939,

Its snowing again at 12 noon snowHead Forecast to stay below freezing even durig the day for the next week at least. Pack the thermals Cool
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
gwaelod, This is my first time to La Plagne and really looking forward to it. snowHead Just been studying the piste map (again!) and the runs down to Montalbert and Montchavin look like fun. I'm an inexperienced intermediate - reds ok etc, but have been unwell, so not fit and will prob have to take it easy - do you or anyone have any recommendations based on fun rather than anything too demanding? (Staying in Plagne 1800) Puzzled
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Charli939, get yourself over the back to Champagny en Vanoise. Catch the Funiplagne form Plagne Centre and go over the back from the top. Some great fun of friendly pistes to be had over there. It is usually quiet, one of my all time favourite ski areas.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
gwaelod, just spoke to our Chalet hosts in Les Coches, they've been there 11 years and reckon this is the 2nd biggest snowfall they have seen there.

Never happened before a single lift has opened though !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Charli939,

Runs to Montalbert are lovely. Also runs from the top of Arpette down Dos Rond and Pierre Blanches to Montchavin are great. Its actually great all over the area. You will have a ball. Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bladeskier,

Feel sick. It was our 10th wedding anniversary 2 weeks ago and I wanted to book a short trip to celebrate. We would be there this weekend if the M-in-L hadn't decided to go to Viietnam on holiday so no babysittier and we have just had a text from her saying she can't wait to get home as she is sick of the palce. Still she is having the little darlings Toofy Grin Skullie in March so we can go for a short break on our own. Only 3 weeks and a few days till we are there. Leave some snow for us. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman and gwaelod, Thanks guys, really appreciate your help! Have just checked out the areas you mentioned and made a note of them - can't wait to try them out now!! Really must get some work done, todays efforts total multiple checks of piste map and posting on here!! Confused Roll on Saturday..... snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
For years I have been coming out with the same mantra:
"Don't go skiing until mid January
Early season is too risky. The gamble is not worth it"

latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonpim,

Not as bad as the man on the Les Arcs thread who owns a place in 1950 and has given his place up to a friend next week and is missing opening week as the snow is always lousy this time of year. Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
gwaelod, ..... " the man on the Les Arcs thread " ... will need one of Jonpim, 's smilies then .... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi all !

> http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/News.htm#11_12

I'm not sure of my English...but stats and pictures are more important Wink

RG Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RG, Anne's a little diamond isn't she Blush Little Angel
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Absolutely !

Could I ask you if my english is ok...or not ?
If you could give to me some advices...

Thanks,

RG wink
latest report
RG,

I'm Irish. I am very good at swearing wink . PM me if you want any help but your English is great. snowHead My wife will be better placed to help as she is learning French. Who needs langauge when there are pictures like that on your front page snowHead
snow conditions
RG wrote:
Hi all !

> http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/News.htm#11_12

I'm not sure of my English...but stats and pictures are more important Wink

RG Smile

Cool pics. Especially that one of the lone pisteur bashing out the piste.
ski holidays
RG, Great pictures - thank you! It looks so beautiful out there.. you're english is good - much better than my french, that's for sure! Embarassed

I can't believe how itchy my feet are... I might sit at my desk in my ski boots (just to feel like I'm almost there!!) Very Happy
ski holidays
Whitegold,
Quote:
Especially that one of the lone pisteur bashing out the piste

You can see the depth of the snow in that photo Shocked Laughing
latest report
RG wrote:
Absolutely !

Could I ask you if my english is ok...or not ?
If you could give to me some advices...

Thanks,

RG wink

RG, Your english is great. One important point is always use advice and never, never, ever use advices under any circumstances.
snow report
Stadium looks open snowHead
snow report
boredsurfin,

Caught this over on RG's site. Some TV footage from France of the La Plagne area and all that snow Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley .

http://jt.france2.fr/13h/index-fr.php?jt=0&start=70
snow report
On the Forum de Paradiski, in fact Wink
latest report
gwaelod, RG, Excellent Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
boredsurfin, Not sure I like the idea of throwing out sticks of dynamite with a long lead attached Shocked and ok being a bit sexist I would have like to seen the bloke throw it now the under arm girl throw it Skullie
snow conditions
gwaelod, I was more impressed that they were having to move 3meters of snow to clear the roads Very Happy Laughing
latest report
boredsurfin, Notice they have the cannons on it Montalbert @ 4.30pm. They know something we don't, not got enough down that end of the valley already:? Laughing
snow report
gwaelod, NehNeh They were on at the Stadium at Lunchtime Very Happy
If you've got it use it I guess Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They were on at Arc 1800 last Saturday.
latest report
I must say it is all looking very promising and with temps expected to stay low xmas is looking a great prospect. Expect the cannons to stay on over next few days to increase the base
snow report
Had a quick visit to La Plagne as well and it was possible to have a blast on the race course which was fun. Roads here also clear and plenty of snow everywhere. Hope to meet up with some of you soon, I am going to try to get over to montalbert while the snow is good at the weekend or early next week. If you are coming out PM me if you like so we can arrange to meet for a beer.
snow conditions
Some La Plagne Black Run advice. What are these like please

The 4 of the Le Biolley

Les Etroits
Morbieu
Les Coqs
Palsembieu

Les Crozats, down of Les Inversion of Roche De Mio. This was red 2 years ago, did not do but know someon who skied it at the time and said ti wasn't to bad.

Lastly the 2 of the Glacier

Bellecote
Le Rochu
latest report
gwaelod, I'd wait and see on conditions, IMVHO, blacks can change massively day by day depending on wether they are icy, or with a nice soft fresh layer, and also how many moguls they have.

I remember many years back I was skiing with a friend who really wanted to do a black. We skied a black at Tignes that was perfect for her, smooth, wide and fresh snow on it.

By the time we met her for lunch and got her back there it was all mogulled up and loads more difficult!

regards,

Greg

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 13-12-07 23:27; edited 1 time in total
snow report
gwaelod,
Quote:

Morbleu, Les Etroits, Les Coqs,

IMHO of the 3 Morbleu is the easiest, Les etroits top section is challenging run out is flat along the valley floor. Haven't done Les Coqs.

Mercedes is a lovely black run up on Verdons.

Planning to do Les Crozats at last this Christmas because hopefully with all this snow it will be open!

as Kitenski says it all depends on the piste conditions Toofy Grin
latest report
kitenski, Thanks

boredsurfin,

Les Coqs has one of those nasty signs at the top saying be warned all those who enter here snowHead . We did the one in Les Arc with the same sign, as you come down from Transarc onto Plan Bois there is a black with a danger sign on your right. It was actually a bit mogully but fun and not at all hard Confused

Mercedes looks short, now on the list wink

As for Les Crozats I fancy it as while Immersions is a great red the chair back up is long and very slow.

Lets hope for good conditions Laughing
latest report
Le Clapet was my favourite last time we were there. Awesome fun.
ski holidays
Only 1 sleep to go Laughing Laughing Laughing Thanks for all the advice and the pics... I'm so excited I can't stand still now...... Laughing
snow conditions
Hope everyone heading to La Plagne this week has a great time. Look forward to reading the reports in your return snowHead
snow conditions
Another report on RG's site showing recent conditions and preparations for the forthcoming season on French TV snowHead

http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm
snow report
Translation Wink

> www.PERSo-LAPLAGNE.fr/News.htm#15_12
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy