Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
Have seen some threads for various elements of La Plagne but none titled this, apologies if already started.

Saw some photos on RG's forum this afternoon. Only fair to link the site

http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/index_ENG.html

The album is credited with being public so don' think the lady (Anne) will mind me posting the link. Photos form Plagne Soleil today.

http://picasaweb.google.fr/laplagne.pictures/3DCembre2007
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
any clue as to where the pics are on the perso-laplagne site????
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski,

http://thermique74.nuxit.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1604&start=315

top post on page @ 03 Déc 2007 11:54 by Anne snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anne posted more photos today of La Plagne 1/2 way along the thread

http://picasaweb.google.fr/laplagne.pictures/ColDeForcleEtEnvirons

http://thermique74.nuxit.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1604&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=405
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gwaelod, Great thread thanks! Have been searching for pics/info on La Plagne but couldn't find many. Pics look great - bless 'Annes' cottong socks!! Only 9 sleeps to go now..... snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I meant "cotton" ... cottong socks are sooo last season Embarassed
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looking at this photo from Montchavin looks like they had good snow to low level overnight and it looks to be still snowing and its due to get heavier tomorrow Laughing Laughing That picture was mostly grass last night snowHead

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gwaelod, lovely pic.
I have always used that view from Montchavin as a good indicator of conditions in the area.
Montachavin is at 1250m: if there is snow there, there is snow everywhere.
And you get to see right across the valley, almost to the valley floor. and so see where the snow level is.

Same view from yesterday morning. Looking good. snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonpim,

Agree with you. If the wide angle cam of Montchavin is as white as this the rest of the area must be knee deep in the white stuff and theres bucket loads due tomorrow Shocked Laughing

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/montchavin/interface.php?pk_interface=63&m=images&r=panoramique
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks good
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Word from friends in Plagne Centre is that they have had a great fall of snow and conditions should be perfect
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just how good does that lot look? The day is looming closer and I am becoming more and more excited by the day, 13 sleeps to go.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Our new best friend in the whole wide world Anne has been posting pictures again on RG's site. Incredible.

http://picasaweb.google.fr/laplagne.pictures/J7

Only fair to link to the actual thread as well.

http://thermique74.nuxit.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=19795#19795
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Film of a French TV report on an exercise in evacuating the Grand Rochette lift this week. When you click on the link there is about a 10 second ad plays in the media player. Let it run the film starts straight after.

http://videos.tf1.fr/infos/media/jt/0,,3646927,00-exercice-simulation-evacuation-funiculaire-plagne-.html
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
gwaelod, thanks for that. Reassuring. And good to see all that snow.
And I wouldn't mind being rescued by that lady - she can put a harness round me anytime. snowHead
snow report
Jonpim,

Snow looks great as for the lady in the harness my wife says I don't agree with you wink Cool
ski holidays
gwaelod, Very Happy
In Plagne 1800 is one of my favourite restaurants: Petit Chaperon Rouge.
Has anyone tried their 12 course menu? (assuming they still do it)
snow conditions
Jonpim, No, but the restaurant by the lift that burnt down season before last has been re-built for the coming season. BTW which village are you in for January hols.
ski holidays
boredsurfin, La Roche. With son Tom (16yrs). Jan 3 to 7.
Going by train, so arrive early Wednesday 3rd morning, and leave Monday 7th evening (= 5 days skiing)
We hope to do the Great Waffle Quest (still trying to get details of Champangy-Courchevel buses), the Montalbert-Villaroger challenge, and the bobsleigh run.
I was interested in trying to do every lift in a day (like "nutters" here try to go through every tube station in a day), but Tom reckons that would be boring - he's probably right.
Has anyone tried to visit all the mountain restaurants? You have to actually purchase something to make it count.

I have managed to ski Le Tunnel from top to bottom without stopping, and I have toboganned from Belle Plagne to Bellecote in the dark - this may not be a good idea as more than one person has died doing this when they came off the piste at speed and crashed onto the road below.
snow report
Jonpim, Practice for the Villaroger challenge begins soon..... Toofy Grin
and the great waffle race between 4x4 and ski's is a possible, maybe we should tell Top Gear Toofy Grin
snow conditions
boredsurfin, racing against 4x4 for the waffles does provide some guarantee against getting stranded over in 3Valleys, so may be a good idea all round. snowHead
ski holidays
What a sight to wake to on a Monday morning Shocked Laughing Montchavin.
latest report
Gives an idea of the amount of snow still falling on Monday morning Shocked Laughing This again in Montchavin, whihc is the lowest village.
snow conditions
gwaelod, That is just brilliant.
snow conditions
Mouth,

Much better pictures form the cam here. Why does another site have better pictures from the offical cam than the offical site has? Confused Confused

http://www.snoweye.com/?page=fr-tarentaise&detail=montchavin

Love this one
snow report
When I think this time last year we were all looking at greenery on the cams..! Sooo excited now.. only 5 sleeps to go Very Happy
latest report
Charli939,
Photo above is 10am, now 1pm photo and still coming down. snowHead
snow conditions
gwaelod, wonderful pictures!
Thank you so much. I am a happy man. snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonpim,

And 3pm. This is the last update of the cameras during the day in Montchavin but boy what a day. You can even see on the pictures up the hill that the basher has been out. Still snowing. Laughing
snow conditions
ooooohhhhhhhh!!!! gwaelod, you make me a very very very happy girlie!! Thank you!! snowHead snowHead
snow report
11 sleeps and counting....... Very Happy Toofy Grin Smile Madeye-Smiley wink
ski holidays
Blush Hey this looks great I might even put the skins on and go for a ski on Wednesday when the sun comes out. Very Happy
ski holidays
snowcrazy, I thought La Plagne Altitude results were opening on December 10th?
snow report
boredsurfin, When you go on the web page for La Plagne it says the lifts open on the 15th Dec, then there is a link for the 10th that does not open so it is not possible to find out if anything will be open other than the connecting lifts before the 15th. Might be just for the local ski club, if it is open when I get there then great I will join them. If anyone out there knows if anywhere is opening before the 15th please let me know. Thanks
snow conditions
snowcrazy, Yep, this page has not been updated and has the opening as December 10th 2oo6 rolling eyes
http://www.la-plagne.com/en/Resorts-En.phtml
But if you clik on each resort the date is indeed December 15th 2007
snow report
boredsurfin, when do you get out, do you know when anyone else is coming out this winter let's try to do some boarding this season!
ski holidays
snowcrazy, We met summer before last at PG's for bbq. Was with boredsurfin, and family? Since then we had a little boarder (one yesterday) and we will be out for 5 weeks this season. Would be great to meet up! Out for xmas and NY then end January. Based in Montalbert - where else???
snow conditions
Nice. Be in Montchavin on by Thursday night Smile
latest report
weeSKI,

You are very, very lucky. I am jealous wink Laughing
latest report
weeSKI, might see you later during the next two weeks as well, hard luck gwaelod, try to catch up with you when you get out pm me when you are coming
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy