Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
snowcrazy, Stop you will give me nightmares Laughing

2 head cams views of the North Face of the Bellecote.

http://thermique74.nuxit.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1883&highlight=video (5th post down on this thread)

http://www.skieur.com/News/573-david-allemoz-en-inside-face-nord-bellecote-video-camera-embarquee.html
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One for the short cut junkie please (boredsurfin Toofy Grin ). Quickest was from Plagne Centre to La Roche/Montalbert Direction?

Normally hike (why haven't they a rope Mad Mad Mad ) across Plagne Centre from Grand Rochette bubble to Becoin chair, up Becoin chiar and down that way. Any other suggestions?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thefatcontroller, Down to 1800 and up 1800 chair or if lifts closed, telebus up to Aime2K and down to La Roche or Pravendue back to Monburt
Very Happy

The whole PC front de neige and rope tows / travellator's is an ongoing discussion with SAP and the resort.

Next snowHead

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 24-04-08 14:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, Ta, never used the Telemetor, on approaching Grand Rochette can you ski straight down into 1800 or do you have to pole it a bit?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller, Straight down to lift, poles required if you are light of foot wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin wrote:
The whole PC front de neige and rope tows / travellator's is an ongoing discussion with SAP and the resort.

Its a real pain in the ass and I try and avoid that area because of Plagne Centre.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin wrote:
thefatcontroller, Straight down to lift, poles required if you are light of foot wink

Telemarkers can fly then.....................running.......................faster..............................
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller wrote:
boredsurfin wrote:

Its a real pain in the ass and I try and avoid that area because of Plagne Centre.

But if you sit in a bar along there and watch the flow of skiers walkers skidoo's varying heights of lifts etc I don't think there is an answer to solve all the routes, there was a suggestion to move all the lifts up a bit, can you image trying to do that with the Funi Plagne Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin, Moving carpet, like the kids use. Rope would be lethal, fun but lethal Skullie
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
thefatcontroller, Moving carpets are a no no now after 2 deaths on them in France. Where they are in use (Bellecote for instance) they have to have an attendant. IFIRC French law now prevents any new ones being installed.
David may know more ....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, Ahhhh. Blinking heck. Skullie
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin wrote:
thefatcontroller, Down to 1800 and up 1800 chair or if lifts closed, telebus up to Aime2K and down to La Roche or Pravendue back to Monburt

Just remembered. When going up Becoin I got the impression that if you took the drag for the stadium you could ski across to Aime and in the distance I saw a drag you hit. Does that take you high enough to get down the La Roche/Monty runs?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller, Not sure? We don't think you would be able to ski across the 'curve' of the bowl and maintain enough height, but will have a look into it this summer Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin, I shall await your report Cool . Looks feasible on piste map but seemed a long way to go to find out you couldn't
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
More photos from last week. New idea for skiing holiday. Don't take your camera as it is broken. Befriend people on holiday. They take photos, pass them your e-mail address and you get the best photos of a skiing holiday ever Shocked. Thanks to Charli939 and Paul for the photos. If someone else takes them you even get phots of the 2 of you Cool

(by the way Charli939, our 'friend' Paul was a man staying in the same hotel as us who was there with his wife and 3 kids. His wife wasn't skiing so he was billy no mates. In the bar one night I asked if he wanted to join us. he said yes. We went off, met you and then he spends the next 2 hours picking you, me and mrsfatcontroller of the piste on Morbleau. Boy had I thought we had offended him. In the bar later he thought it was all brillant and you were great. We did the blacks on the glacier with him on the Friday. Great guy)

mrsfatcontroller at the entrance to the 2 blacks on the glacier. Left Rochu and right Bellecote. This picture is very misleading. To get to this fence you have to slide along a very steep slope.

Me on Bellecote. Think I am crying in pain. See little man in distance. Long way to go Shocked

This is the left into Rochu up on the Glacier and the first of the 2 mogul fields. Huge long run. Top middle left you can see some people. They are at the top of the second mogul field. Huge run, great fun

Us at the bottom of the first mogul field on Rochu. You enter up in the very top middle of the photo above the rocks. Boy was that one steep but the second is longer. Sad Laughing

Snow depth monitor on the glacier. 7ft deep Laughing Laughing

Looking over at Roche Del Mio From The glacier

Looking over at Courcheval 1850 and its airfield from the glacier in La Plagne

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 24-04-08 19:03; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
Had a great day in La Plagne today, did loads. Even made it all the way down to montalbert. Not bad for the end of April, the snow on the pistes down there was really good MOST of the time. All over La Plagne there were great spring conditions on piste, but off piste you had to look carefully at the snow before taking a route as there are now many slides. Bellecote was very busy, seems to be more skiers in La Plagne than les Arcs. The North face was very busy, lots of groups doing many routes. Good snow in some places at the top, but heavy and well skied lower down. One Guide said the best part of the day was the lunch meal. Says it all!! boredsurfin, hope to see you next season, pity you had already left.
latest report
snowcrazy, Once you have doen the North Face, where do you end up?
snow report
thefatcontroller, Down at Peisey Nancroix after a bus from the national park entrance or taxi back to la Plagne. Takes half the day, hope they get the link working again for next season I really miss it.
snow conditions
snowcrazy, Probably for the only time in the next 10 years I got 3 trips across this year and it is the year the fecking washing line breaks. Missed it too.
ski holidays
snowcrazy, Yep, we seeme to have missed each other all season, later this year hopefully.
thefatcontroller, stop moaning wink Toofy Grin I didn't miss going to Les Arcs at all. Cool
snow report
boredsurfin, Not surprised you didn't miss the Vanoise, it takes so long to get to Aime from Montalbert, Les Arcs is just too far.............................running..........................................running.............................
snow report
thefatcontroller, Ah, so your a definite entry for next season's Villaroger challenge, we were hoping for a sub 3 hour attempt wink
Aime is 10 mins down in the valley from MontyB Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Ice.... thin...... thefatcontroller... stomping in hobnail boots........ Toofy Grin
ski holidays
thefatcontroller wrote:

(by the way Charli939, our 'friend' Paul was a man staying in the same hotel as us who was there with his wife and 3 kids. His wife wasn't skiing so he was billy no mates. In the bar one night I asked if he wanted to join us. he said yes. We went off, met you and then he spends the next 2 hours picking you, me and mrsfatcontroller of the piste on Morbleau. Boy had I thought we had offended him. In the bar later he thought it was all brillant and you were great. We did the blacks on the glacier with him on the Friday. Great guy)

Oh bless him! He was such a great guy - and so kind. I felt really bad, he insisted on skiing behind me and waiting... and waiting... and waiting whilst I picked myself up over and over again rolling eyes and I kept saying to him to go on and don't let me ruin his run - but he wouldn't. I did feel so guilty about it - if you're in touch, please tell him I said Hi and Thank you and (from my point of view) a real pleasure to ski with him! Very Happy
ski holidays
Charli939, It's OK us guys are quite used to waiting Toofy Grin
latest report
boredsurfin, Laughing Laughing
And I wasn't putting my make-up on or anything... Toofy Grin
latest report
Charli939, ah! You've skied with my eldest daughter Toofy Grin Laughing Laughing
snow report
Charli939, Don't worry I was showing him your texts that night. You sounded quite high Madeye-Smiley . Good to see your skiing shut lady's front bottom head up at the dinner table that night. Best you check at dinner table for sure which blacks you were explicitly told not to do that day as by then you will have probably skied them during the day wink :Lil:
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin wrote:
Aime is 10 mins down in the valley from MontyB Toofy Grin

Sorry forgot my words. The snowy Aime 2000 is about 30 minutes up the hill Toofy Grin .....................................................
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, Do you spend all day lost? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, Talking of texts..... I just checked and yours said.... quote: "some gentle black run practice" Shocked Shocked

boredsurfin, See above /\ - of course he does..... he said 'gentle' rolling eyes Very Happy Very Happy

P.S. Naturally, when I regaled LFB Head with the story of my day... not only was it amazingly easy going down that black.. I was putting my mascara on whilst turning.... wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
http://pv.viewsurf.com/?id=60

All that snow and no one using it Sad
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, awwww that's awful... what a waste. Darn I hate the end of the season Crying or Very sad
snow report
Charli939, Still you can't say we didn't make good use of what was there that week Cool . Good memories.
snow report
thefatcontroller, The best Very Happy ... memories... and use... SUCH a great week... such GREAT memories... still feeling all soppy about it! Toofy Grin
latest report
BUMP

Romain Guigon's excellent La Plagne website has some up to date news in English
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/News.htm
snow conditions
boredsurfin, that's all looking very good... I'm loving the new chairlift arrangement. And what on earth would we do without Anne and her excellent photos! Very Happy
ski holidays
Charli939 wrote:
And what on earth would we do without Anne and her excellent photos! Very Happy

She's great, is'nt she ? Wink
snow conditions
Charli939 wrote:
boredsurfin, that's all looking very good... I'm loving the new chairlift arrangement. And what on earth would we do without Anne and her excellent photos! Very Happy

Hi guys ! Thank your for your nice messages. If you need pictures in specific places in La Plagne, just ask wink
Have a nice day !
latest report
Anne La Plagne, great pictures through the whole season, avidly viewed from the UK.

Now am I being thick here. I cannot see any gain in the new lift linking the bottom of the Plan Bois with the bottom of the Lac Noir.

If you want to go down you ski, if you want to go up then what's the point as both lifts arrive at the same place anyway.

Puzzled Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy