Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

looking for some new twin tip...

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Im looking for some twin tip, all mountain ski's and would would like too know what you would recommend ?

Im 5'10 around 78kg

cheers

Adam Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Broadway, welcome to Very Happy's

Take a look at the K2 Public Enemy's
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Volkl Bridge. 177.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Broadway, you may get a good deal on volkl karmas (the model before the bridge) lurking about on the internet...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Black Crows (not sure of the name but the freestyle one), tested them at PSB, I liked them. I also bought Volkl Karmas in April, they were recommended as good all-round ski. I'd recommend you test different skis in different lengths to see what suits, my Karma are 185 but tested 177 also, but I'm six foot and weigh a little more than you.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter Ross, Viator from Black Crows as I recall? ?? Zookeepers rate them as well.

My choice bottomed out twixt them, Nordica Enforcers and Volkl Bridge last week. I, aided and abetted by 'The Zookeepers', decided Bridge in 177 best for me as I wanted an 'easier' off-piste ski and wouldn't ever be in a 'Park' or similar.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nordica Supercharger Enforcers are a big (wide) twin tip but perform really well on the piste - just spent the day hurtling round Verbier on a pair.
Black Crows have the Viator which is 86 in the waist or the Navis which is 103. Both twin tipped and both really nice skis. They have a dual sidecut so you can have a longer ski that is very manouverable on the piste. The Volkl Bridge isn't a bad ski either......
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Agenterre, excuse my bewilderment but (given you're still a relative novice and your self confessed non-park rattery above) wtf are you doing looking at twin tips ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian, One tip, twin-tip .. it didn't matter .. Having tasted the off-piste last year I wanted something which fitted that agenda. Desk research ( places like realskiers etc) support that choice ....

more importantly, much more importantly to look cool ...wink

so Twin-Tips is a total 'so-what'. I know 2 people here who wouldn't go near a park who have twin-tips as their only skis ...
latest report
 brian
brian
Agenterre, hmm, unless you want to go backwards I wouldn't bother for 2 trivial but pragmatic reasons: telecabine slots and the damn things falling over when you lean them somewhere.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Agenterre, that's it Avator, I really liked them. I agree twin tips look muched cooler also! Although personally I also like a jump or two and twin tips are alot more forgiving than a piste ski when trying to land and they make powder so much easier.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
brian, Points taken .. well the telecabine one especially ... but some of them won't take my wife's Attiva 5s either ... and they are neither twins, nor wide .. ( I was only here to point out what Peter skied recently and had to put my 5-pennorth in , so I'll shut up as I'm 'drifting' this thread)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
brian wrote:
Agenterre, hmm, unless you want to go backwards I wouldn't bother for 2 trivial but pragmatic reasons: telecabine slots and the damn things falling over when you lean them somewhere.

Any twin tips I have used fit in fine one per slot and there are always available slots or if you a really worried about this just use chairs and drags! Only drunk twin tips fall over.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
buckers is right K2 Public Enenmy's, excellent all round ski's, highly recommend. Volkl Karma's are also good. I've not skied them myself but I have been warned off Soloman 1080's they are meant to be too flexible. The K2 Seth Vicious are meant to be good too a mate of mine loves his.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
bensley, You're in the Groove my man. Cool
snow report
Can i summarise the Volkl Bridge. A Volkl Karma with a bit more Volkl Karma. Toofy Grin
snow report
Thanks to everyone who replied!!

ive been looking at the Volkl bridge and found them for £350+15 delivery with marker 12 bindings anyone seen them cheaper?

Also been looking at some scott punishers with S12 Ti bindings for £369 including delivery? what do you lot think of them ?

Thanks again

Adam
ski holidays
Broadway, there's several pairs of Punishers on ebay at the moment for 352.50 delivered (295 + bindings + delivery) being sold by one of snowheads not so favourite shops.
I've got one eye on the Punishers and another (after SZK's sage advice) on the Bridges, and yet another on the thought that I don't really need another pair of skis Toofy Grin
latest report
PE's are ace - really surprisingly good, 1080 foils are really good fun but wibbly and get wibblier - s l o w. Scott mission (kissing cousin to the punisher) are supposed to be the nuts and I'd prefer the bindings to markers. But I reckon you can't go wrong with the Volkl or PE if you're just taking a punt online. Proper sandwich construction, not too ugly (but still ugly enough to be a proper twin tip, dems da rules) track record, no nasty handling surprises, bombproof build.

Same choice last year - went PE. But going to canada this year, so wish the Bridge had been out then rolling eyes I'll have to muddle through on a mere 85mm waist, somehow.
ski holidays
For those that want something a littel different from the crowd: http://www.highsocietyfreeride.com/skis_fr.php
snow report
spyderjon, Hmmmm, Different from the Rossignol Crowd? Cool
snow report
Or there's the Line 90s, I suppose.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, Line Prophet 90s are good in the same category, or the Head Mojo 90s.
snow conditions
ok ive gone for the Volkl Bridge now i need some bindings which do you lot recommend there?

also which size should i go for ?

161cm, 169cm, 177cm or 185cm im 5'10 around 78kg ?

Cheers guys

Adam
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Broadway, leather works well. that's what I have ..where you buying from?
snow report
Check out the movement range to see if any of them seem nice to you.

Something like the Flame or Spark might suit you.
snow report
Quote:

Broadway, leather works well. that's what I have ..where you buying from?

Got them from ebay for 271 euro just got too find some bindings now Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy