Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Season 07/08 Trip Report

Poster: A snowHead
Spikyhedgehog, sounds brilliant. I'm way jealous. Keep posting the pics - they really give a feel of what lifes like out there at the moment.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's taken me a while but here's our picks:

Question - does Maggi ski? wink
Having spent 3 days with Maggi I have yet to see her actually skiing.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 12-12-07 21:39; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marmalade, I spent 5 days with maggi at the PSB and I have no idea whether she skis Laughing

nice pics.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Incidentally, a big thank you to Atomic and MountainSun for a fab holiday.

Thanks also to Ski Focus for the excellent lessons (we had Nick Quinn). Great value for money, I couldn't believe how much progress we made in 2 hours. Why can't all instructors be like that?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marmalade, nice photos snowHead

Quote:

Question - does Maggi ski?
Having spent 3 days with Maggi I have yet to see her actually skiing.

Well, we bumped into her at the Tovieres restaurant. But then, it would be possible to get there & back in the Aeroski gondola... didn't actually see her ski off... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Photos of Maggi skiing are very rare indeed, I believe a snowHead claims to have taken one in Wengen last season but I think it turned out to be an elaborate hoax in the end. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marmalade, great photos!

Just about to head out, nice and sunny now and just been sitting around the house.

The reason I haven't been skiing the last couple of days is that I had a pretty rogue ankle after I fell and twisted it. I'm risking it today as it feels alot better. If it becomes painful again, I'll ski down to the jam bar and drown my sorrows Laughing

(and for the record, the weather is amazing, the snow is perfect, and SPIKYHEDGEHOG IS STILL IN BED!!!)

So it's not me that needs the slap wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
george_1, did you turn the ankle after you left us on Saturday?

Or was that climbing the stairs with a hang over Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hofmeister, I think it was the night before the hang over ... Embarassed Laughing

Was great skiing with you, and thanks for the hot chocolate! Hopefully see you at the end of the season, maybe I will be able to afford my own hot chocolate then!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spikyhedgehog wrote:
Well I'm just back for lunch. Amazingly sunny bluebird powder day.

And only me and another person staying with us has bothered to come out!! george_1 is crap.

Ended up skiing lots and lots of powder underneath the Laisinant Express, did that run 4 times. Very Happy No photos unfortunally as I didn't take the camera because there was only 2 of us out.

I tried to get to La Signal to book christmas lunch but I can't seem to work out how to get back to Tignes without catching a bus, which I didn't really want to do. Ended up having to walk back up to the Datcha chair anyway..

Fantastic morning out, best of the season so far by miles. Time to get my afternoon in now!
Very Happy

you are joking right very simple to get back to tignes from la signal. up the fornet bubble, on the up and over chair as i like to call it then down into val centre via one other 2 other chairs fogotton the names of them. then up the olympique when in val. dski down to tomousses(sorry on spelling) and your back. very simple only did it every week when in tignes on my season. enjoy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
any way i will be out in march. stewart will probably say the same. but Brasero is nice for evening drinks and TC's is very popular in lavachet.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sounds like this could be a classic thread. make sure and keep all us folk stuck in 9-5 pishness aware of your movements!

for anyone getting the ferry to france - i can highly recommend using Norfolk lines from Dover - Dunkerque. We used them in the summer and they were half the cost of P&O to Calais and they have proper food on board as well.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
you are joking right very simple to get back to tignes from la signal. up the fornet bubble, on the up and over chair as i like to call it then down into val centre via one other 2 other chairs fogotton the names of them. then up the olympique when in val. dski down to tomousses(sorry on spelling) and your back. very simple only did it every week when in tignes on my season. enjoy

The up and over chair was closed though. Sad

Open now I think!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
shoogly, aware of our movement? ok lets start with 10 minutes ago : started playing ring of fire, managed to drink 6 shots of jaegermeister. Swirly will confirm that I can;t drink for beans. I wana go to bedddd!!!!

Bensley will be here in a couple of hours though! good times!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I got up late on Friday morning and drove at 100mph all the way to Dover, arrived with 25 mins till my ferry set sail. Got in a queue to get through passport control and someone had a crash in front of me, then they closed the gate thingy so it was back to the back of another queue. So I finally made it to the passport control 15 minutes after my ferry was due to set sail only to find out that it'd been canceled so I was put on the 9:30 crossing instead. Finally arrived in France and my ipod refused to work with my stereo, it was looking like it was going to be a bad day but I fixed it! Yipeeeee, and I was on my way to Tignes.

15 hours after setting off I made it only to find that George was no where to be found. Eventually I tracked him down hanging around street corners up in Val Claret, he made me a cup of tea and all was once again right with the world.

Since then I've skied everyday, all kind of pisted runs, 180's in the park and some severe off piste that I managed to fall all the way down. Went out with George_1 and his kronies last night, super hungover today, only made it onto the slopes at 3ish for and hour or so.

Got to go, got some serious relaxing to do tonight.
snow report
bensley, glad to hear to made it safely, if haphazardly. have a great season Very Happy
snow report
Hey guys - you are doing a super job of wetting people's appetites for the spare beds in our apartment in Jan.... Sat 19 Jan till Sat 26 Jan 08. That's exactly a months time. We're... and that's Szy, newts, jo-jo, swirly and Pat teh Auzzie are staying at Residence Le Nevada in Val Claret.. there's room for 3 more (1 double, 1 single). PM me if anyone is inesterested... of course there will be a strict interview process!! Laughing

Glad to hear you guys have settled in... I'm a bit worried that george is drinking tea on street corners Shocked you've got 1 month to practice drinking george before szy gets hold of you wink hehehehe
snow conditions
newts, I'm practising as hard as I can!

Well I kinda lie, bensley and a few of the others are out and I chose to stay in with 2 others and guard the apartment/not spend any money because I spent a whole €100 last week Sad

Skiing was good today, park in Val d'isere is amazing, and the park in Tignes is well on its way and is looking good so far.

Pistes are firm, but still in good nick, just make sure edges are sharp before you get here! Toofy Grin
snow report
newts, the Nevada is very nice, with a great spa and just staggering distance from the Crowded House. Good choice of accommodation Smile
snow conditions
newts, I'm there with a group of 20 in Feb, hope it's as good as it looks.
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, We'll give you an honest review of the Nevada on our return Smile
snow conditions
bensley, keep those updates coming, and some more piccies from you all. Can't wait to hit the slopes on Jan 19 !! Not long now Razz
snow conditions
Hello! its been busy recenlty for me and it even looked like I m not going to make it for my booked holidays in Tignes... Shocked that would be a disaster but somehow it all looks good now... Little Angel at least for now!
Great stuff guys, and put some more pics on! This fish eye looks cool! It looks like you all are lovin it!

by the way what is your plan guys for xmas day and boxing day?
george_1, is cooking all those xmas dishes I presume wink will it be turkey in French style souse?? with champignons? haha

not too long and i'll ask you guys to show me how to jump... i might try it but i recon on the last few days... Knowing my lack of balance and flying skills I might take it easy... unless after few confidence boosters in the bar... who knows!

We are looking at the transfers now and we might add a different thread later on maybe today asking for some info... so have a look pls

bensley, chillfactor was £22 for 1,5h - I didnt try it but Pat did go for a lesson... he wants another one b4 Tinges so I might give it a go in Jan...
See you all soon!
snow report
My dad's coming out for christmas and he's treating us to dinner at Le Signal if we can get a table, although I was supposed to book it. Oops.. Embarassed
ski holidays
Spikyhedgehog, probably safer then George_1 cookin wink
latest report
george_1, Spikyhedgehog, many apologies! We completely failed to make contact with you while we were out there (got back today). This is mainly because between us we both managed to forget the mobile phone charger, and were therefore incommunicado for most of the week, keeping the last few feeble volts on the battery for emergencies.

However, I can report that our week was absolutely fantastic! Great snow, great food, excellent skiing, and two brilliant lessons from Rupert Goldring from Mountain Masters in Val d'Isere.

Can't wait to the end of January (when we go to La Rosiere).
ski holidays
Hey Tignes! how is xmas??? Plenty off food and drink (which is imprtant!) here. Hope you guys have a good one!
snow report
Where's the Xmas slope report ?? Surely your not soooo busy having fun that you can't fill us in with some juicy titbits ? Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No snow since the massive dump. Getting progressively more and more icy. Runs that have been bashed are brilliant in the morning but get chewed up quickly. Starting to need a nice snowfall now. I'd happily take 2 metres please. Very Happy
snow report
george_1,

10cm new snow, blue skies & you are still in BED Puzzled WHY Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions
stewart woodward, I wasn't in bed honest!

They make me sound lazy but honestly I was just shattered after 2 fully hardcore first to last lift days with my uncle!
snow report
Quite a few pictures to put up from the new years party/rave, you'll all be pleased to know that you'll receive them tomorrow when I'm sober! Very Happy
snow conditions
Some of the better ones.

Bensley

Countdown.

Crowds!

All of us. (minus me)

And finaly George looking good.

A very fun night. Very Happy
snow report
is it only me... or somebody else cannot see those pics either? Crying or Very sad
snow report
Sorry szy, perfectly visible for me, so maybe it's just you wink
snow report
szy, I can see them at home but not from my work PC as the firewall blocks then.
ski holidays
Thy're hosted on facebook so if you;re at work your firewall may not allow access. I can see them
ski holidays
cheers guys... I ll take a look at home Toofy Grin
I thought that those fish eyes or sth make it impossible to see for the Poles! wink

By the way are they worth looking at anyway?? cus I cant see many comments... .
so those pics are either "sick dude" or so so...

Ben probably looks still like Ross anyway... Toofy Grin
latest report
szy, I have to say you see far more of his tonsils than is actually necessary Laughing
ski holidays
szy, ben still looks like ross, that will never change.

I love the pictures, loads more on facebook if you can find us!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy