Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Famous People you've seen on the Slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Elizabeth B, Well .. it was a bit of a misquote ... and a tad of literary license .. and a touch of bravado.

Yes , 1-0 to you Laughing Shocked
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Agenterre,
Quote:

license

NehNeh
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spyderman wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
I met rob@rar on the slopes. Is he famous?

(desperately trying to get this thread back on track, and away from the derailment)

I've given rob@rar a sore backside. Toofy Grin

Yes, but you've not fiddled with my toes, so you have a ways to go yet Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle, Schooled in UK ... Business skooled in US .. check it out ! NehNeh
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, back on track.

Did I tell you that I'd seen Glen Plake do an amazing 360 from a standing start?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey, I just remembered I saw Jane Asher at Geneva Airport a few years ago! ( Are we still talking about spotting "famous people" on or near the slopes?) Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've met Spyderman on the slopes - does that count?

wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
samharris, sorry no, Spiderman is the famous one rolling eyes

I'd be impressed at that one Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah - that would explain the absence of tights then Toofy Grin
As far as I was aware...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I saw the Milka Cow in La Plagne on the Piste Mauve Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
samharris wrote:
Ah - that would explain the absence of tights then Toofy Grin
As far as I was aware...

I prefer Stockings. wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin wrote:
I saw the Milka Cow in La Plagne on the Piste Mauve Laughing

I saw her sister on the Piste Mauve in Les Arcs.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin, ha, bet you didn't snog it and get given chocolate in return though!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard wrote:
boredsurfin, ha, bet you didn't snog it and get given chocolate in return though!

No Sad Couldn't get near for small children Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard wrote:

I got chocolate last year without having to get personal with the cow.
ski holidays
rob@rar, has this got anything to do with Spyderman? Shocked
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, you can call him a lot of things, but I think calling him a cow is a bit mean Wink
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:

Quote:

brian, Athens university is in Alabama. (capital city is Birmingham, but they don't have a Spaghetti Junction or even a Gravely Hill Interchange - how could they live without either of those?)

It's very rare that I (or anyone) gets the opportunity to out-pedant Wear The Fox Hat, but actually the state capital of Alabama is Montgomery, not Birmingham.
ski holidays
Acacia, I bow to your superior pedantry on that. But I believe that Birmingham (where they love the governor) is the largest city in the state.
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat,

Size isn't everything. wink
ski holidays
Quote:
A few minutes later, a girl in our group, a confirmed OK/Hello reader, came out all excited, "Do you know that Tara Palmer-Tompkinson is in there?". I confess I'd never heard of her at the time but have since realised that you can't really miss her if you have a telly and realise she probably wasn't eyeing me up at all but hoping to be/surprised she wasn't recognised by me

admin, there is absolutely no need to put a red face on not recognizing Tara Talmer-Pompkinson. Seeing so-called famous people and not recognizing them is genuinely cool. Having said that, I did see Paddy Ashdown very recently, in a carpet shop in Albertville, so he must have a place somewhere around...He and his wife were disagreeing on which carpet to get, but you can imagine who won. Even leaders of men have to concede defeat when it comes to choosing carpet colours!
snow report
Quote:

Seeing so-called famous people and not recognizing them is genuinely cool.

Aah, phew!! Cool
Thanks for that I was worried there was something wrong with me Laughing

I really don't tend to spot them though - I recall walking down Oxford St. with a friend once and ever so momentarily thinking, "That bloke looks a bit like Clive Anderson". I'd never have even remembered thinking it if my friend hadn't suddenly said, "Hey, that was Clive Anderson". rolling eyes
snow report
I saw [Sir] Steve Redgrave at Cervinia in Mar 06. He was stood behind me in the lift queue and I didn't recognise him, but my mate Paul whispered rather too loudly in my ear that it was him, whereupon he laughed and said hello Smile He was doing the Crystal challenge thing.
snow conditions
I once sung jail house rock with elvis..... well.... 15 actually and yes they were all japanese Laughing
snow conditions
admin, Clive Anderson was pretty unmemorable when he was at the Bar (barristerially speaking) so I am not surprised that you didn't really recognize him!
latest report
Kim Wilde was in the Restaurant at the top of Rendl in St Anton a couple of Christmas'sssss ago.

Insert phwoooar emoticon Razz

CD
snow report
pam w,
Quote:
Even leaders of men have to concede defeat when it comes to choosing carpet colours!

If you're that famous, there's only one colour - Red. wink
snow report
Spyderman, and if you're more famous than that, you throw the red out, and get wood.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wear The Fox Hat, Sorry, I had to remove yours, as you weren't worthy of the Red Carpet. Toofy Grin
latest report
admin wrote:
samharris, sorry no, Spiderman is the famous one rolling eyes

I'd be impressed at that one Wink

I've seen Spiderman. And Superman and Batman Laughing
snow report
Famous? ... or just a celebrity?

In essence, if you've been on any programme with 'celebrity' in the title, you're not famous.
latest report
doctor_eeyore wrote:

In essence, if you've been on any programme with 'celebrity' in the title, you're not famous.

That's a little harsh. Some genuinely famous people have been conned into appearing on those shows - Gremaine Greer for instance.

But I agree that the majority are pretty well unknown outside their particular are of "celebrity".
snow conditions
admin, well I never usually spot celebs either and it's up to whoever I'm with to say 'oh look! There's x...' However, I did happen to spot John Prescott once about to cross the road in front of me at the top of our High Street. I'd never spot anyone famous skiing with all that clobber on.
ski holidays
little tiger wrote:
Hurtle,
We close the city streets when Italy wins the Football(soccer) World Cup - to allow the party free reign...

I was in London in July 1998 when France won the WC and the exact same thing happened. Loads of frogs in South Kensington, traffic down to a standstill and the police blocking the streets and letting us enjoy the occasion... Great conclucion to a great event for me! I nearly felt like I was home..
Thumbs up to "tolerant" UK!!
ski holidays
Saw Nick Griffin skiing a Black run - he said it was much better with loads of white snow Twisted Evil
latest report
geetee, Re: John Prescott. How the phuq did you miss him he appears to be sooooooo fat!!!
ski holidays
Roy Hockley, Laughing well I did see him (all on my own) but if you mean why didn't I hit him then it was close, very close as he was just about to step out in front of me.
snow report
geetee, There's always next time wink wink wink
snow report
I met Ray Lamontagne the other day, & had no clue who he was until I googled him rolling eyes

http://youtube.com/v/CXdcbdfz-hk&feature=related
snow conditions
geri, Ray the Mountain? That has to be a made up name. I bet he gave you a false phone number as well?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy