Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Famous People you've seen on the Slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Okay, I'll start!

Zermatt, New Year 2006, nearly bumped into Richard Branson (literally) outside the ski lift station at the top of the piste. He was alone, trying to fix his ski boots (looked cheap), before gliding off down a blue. Saw him later from the air having some tuition on the same piste as we went overhead on the chairlift.

Was kinda hoping he'd wipe out and I could go and rescue him and hand him my card, but..
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I never skied with Branson, but once worked for him in Portobello Road for 10 weeks on a magazine called Event, which was a copy of Time Out (which was on strike). One evening Branson wanted to get to his gay nightclub Heaven at Charing Cross so I offered him a lift in my (first, cost £300) car. It was a Renault 16 with serious mechanical issues and an MOT.

He got into the thing with two other passengers in the back and the chassis started scraping on the road surface. He asked me if this journey was going to "affect my image?"

The only famous person I've not seen on the slopes is Jef Wickes.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Tim Sawyer, welcome to snowHead s. Do you "Huck" cliffs ? (Ok, I'll get my coat .... Embarassed ).

Clinging by fingernails to the topic ... I've seen Muriel Gray (ex the Tube) at Nevis Range, she's a tray-girl though rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quite some time ago, I went into a mountain restaurant in Mottaret and thought this girl was eying me up as I walked past her. It was a sunny day so we were sat outside and only she and her instructor were indoors.
I didn't think anything of it other than, "that's wierd".

A few minutes later, a girl in our group, a confirmed OK/Hello reader, came out all excited, "Do you know that Tara Palmer-Tompkinson is in there?". I confess I'd never heard of her at the time but have since realised that you can't really miss her if you have a telly and realise she probably wasn't eyeing me up at all but hoping to be/surprised she wasn't recognised by me Embarassed
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Embarassed One of ski party once knocked down Roger Moore near Megeve... Embarassed

He was very good about it! snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The intensely self appreciative Bono always insists on having half of Cafe Face roped off into some sort of VIP (Very irritating person) area in Val D'Isere....didn't seem to be worried about the plight of Africans when I kicked his drink over though....smug Oirish tosser
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

welcome to s

Cheers Brian, I'll get back to work in a mo. No relation, by the way Little Angel

Admin, I'd have to see a piccy of yuo to decide weva TPT was eying you up, but I reckon she's the kinda girl to eye most guys up.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ooh, and I know another story.....an acquaintance of mine is a jellymepter pilot in the Tarentaise - he was chartered to pick up a VIP from Italy, and flew him to the top of a mountain, then to go and pick him up an hour later after he had conversed with the big man upstairs....t'was Pope John Paul II....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anna Ryder-Richardson in Fernie, Muriel Gray (on skis) in La Tania, Alain Baxter in Tignes, John Pertwee many years ago in Andorra.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A 5 year old in Mrs Z's class bought in a picture of Victoria Beckham that she took on her trip to Courchevel (I think). But that doesn't really count for this thread does it?

How far down the scale of "famous people" do we go? Nearing the bottom of the list, Graham Kendrick (Christian songwriter) visited me in hospital in BadGastein after I lost a fight with a T-bar and broke a bone in my knee, which I thought was rather decent of him.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Guvnor, Now that si a cool VIP story..
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have skied with Frosty the Snowman snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've slept with Spyderman Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ray Zorro, Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Guvnor, was he on a tray or planks?? Very Happy
snow report
admin, That Tara PT gal is a bit of a silly sausage but came out with a classic line once.

When asked what her definition of being poor would be she said "Having to turn right when getting on an airplane".

Always makes me smile when i board (and turn right). I will have to keep an eye out for her.....
snow conditions
I've shared a table with Jeremy Nobis in Cham pre-Xmas....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ray Zorro, Kitty, Variations on a theme perhaps wink
ski holidays
Guvnor, Careful there that's my cousin you are refering to Laughing

I missed him but Frankie Dettori was in the Krazy Kangaroo (St Anton) last New Year's Eve.
latest report
GLC in Tignes a few years ago Very Happy
latest report
In Verbier last year, Fergie in a cafe, and Damon Hill on the mountain, a couple of years back Bob Geldof on the train up to Zermatt.
snow report
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman, so Kitty has also skied with Spyderman and Ray Zorro has also slept with ...... Shocked wink Laughing
snow conditions
Paddy Ashdown (or Paddy Pantsdown as he was known at the time) in Val Thorens shouting at the top of his voice.
snow report
My sister and her boyfriend shared a gondola with Richard Branson in Tignes last March. Does that count?
snow report
 brian
brian
SamTheEagle, your sister .... virgin .... let's not go there ....
ski holidays
Peter Ross, Who? Pope John Paul II ? Shocked
ski holidays
Kirsten Dunst, Pierce Brosnan Celebrity Ski Week-Banff
latest report
Celebrity ski week!!?! that's cheating!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jeremy Paxman in TJ's bar in Courchevel a few years ago, and somebody who looked remarkably like Robbie Williams who was the middle of a group of hangers-on, also in Courchevel. Shared a chairlift with Jean-Luc Cretier, winner of the Men's downhill at '98 Olympics. Ken Read (ex-Crazy Canuck skier) next to me in the queue for food at the Panormamique restaurant in Tignes - pleasant chap who was happy to say hello. Also said hello to Bode Miller in Val d'Isere a couple of seasons ago during the Criterium de la Premiere Neige weekend.
latest report
Peter Ross, did he fall of the table in the last furlong??
snow conditions
Chis Evans and Billie Piper in Val d'Isere
ski holidays
redrunmarcus wrote:
Chis Evans and Billie Piper in Val d'Isere

not montalbert???
ski holidays
Stood behind Luc Alphand in the supermarket checkout queue in Villeneuve.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, does not count - slopes only Very Happy
snow report
Richard Branson (he gets around doesn't he) in Avoriaz.
snow conditions
I met Napolean in Kirkwood.

He had a wet nose and was a bit smelly.
latest report
Guvnor wrote:
Peter Ross, Who? Pope John Paul II ? Shocked

no the other guy!

rayscoops he may well have, it is like the Grand National coming down from KK after a tankful (of course Frankie doesn't do the jumps).

Maybe we should change this thread to who has seen Richard Branson and where!
snow report
I saw Eddie the Eagle jump over a car at the opening of Tamworth Snowdome. It wasn't a stretch limo.
latest report
I've skied with Eddie the Eagle at Tamworth Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Met Jean-Pierre Vidal, shook his hand after his gold win at the olympics, he is a very nice guy. Met his sister a few years ago Vanessa but I think she's perhaps not world famous outside of france Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy