Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Famous People you've seen on the Slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Trust me on this little tiger, I have been stabbed in the back professionaly on more than one occassion by an Aussie.

It didnt feel like humour to me when it was said and given that I am not English the unfortunate soul couldnt even get their insult correct
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nells wrote:
I seem to have a picture of rob@rar wearing just a towel Shocked

You should post that
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hurtle, actually yes I do use Milano, and Venezia in conversation - my friends from school are Italian!

More to the point Micheal's record on his website is written in the manner used for his sport - probably because that is his sport! - check the FIS website... the Olympic medals are for Torino on the English language version of the site...

Why would he change the names from his biography just to suit some strange English(UK) idea?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking at his record Michael Milton looks quite the hero but there's just something about the way you describe him little tiger, that fills me with the urge to call him a wanker!
I'm sure that wouldn't be fair on him now, so I must assume it's something about you - go figure!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
little tiger, fine, whatever, I'm bored with this. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I met Admin on the slopes once.

He is famous.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I shared the Innerwengen chair with a US skier who was skiing for an Eastern European country. He was so famous he finished 60th in the Lauberhorn downhill and I can't remember his name Embarassed
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bed time now for me, I have re read my posts and dont want anyone to think I am anti Aus, having an Austrailian Wife I get to see a lot of good about the place but I just didnt agree with the way it was being portayed as some sort of oasis of zen. Intolerence is as alive in Aus as it is in the rest of the world.

Sorry to get so heavy on a fun thread folks I guess I need to learn to count to 10 some times

By the way did I say I saw Chris Evens once
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Does in summer count? In which case John Berger - a hero of mine who lives near Chamonix (has been called the best essayist since Orwell and the most important living writer on art - Also a novelist - he won of the Booker prize)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I seem to see Santa skiing every Christmas, and it doesn't seem to matter what resort I'm at. I think he must be following me. Shock

And ya'll better hope he doesn't get a glimpse of this thread before Xmas morning. Ganging up is not nice.

The same old culprits continuously follow around and needle, and when the desired reaction is finally attained, the rest come rushing in to attack. The stalker sits back and revels in his success, while the pack jumps on a new opportunity to again circle the familiar pray. Just try to imagine,,, if it was you,,, how would you feel,,, how would you react. Character is displayed in having the strength to refrain from participating in the ill behavior of the group, or the popular,,, and the courage to speak against it, regardless the personal cost.

Before anyone can get there, they must first be willing to actively seek a new perspective in the face of popular behavior and belief. Sticking to justifications of why one is right will not help them understand the view from the shoes of the person they think is wrong. In a dearth of understanding compassion finds no home.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have great difficulty recognising my friends when they are in skiing/boarding clothes, let alone anyone famous. Although, I've skied with a man, who's skied with a girl, who's skied with the Prince of Wales.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I met Jonathon Watson and he's almost famous in central Scotland. I didn't know who he was, though the face was familiar so I asked him if he'd gone to the same school as me Embarassed
Not only is he not that famous, it wasn't even a proper mountain, it was a dry slope ..... I'll get my coat
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Had that Prince Harry in my bar again the other day...........
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle wrote:
rob@rar,
Quote:

And to its indigenous population

I decided to give that one a miss - I believe that little tiger has mentioned that she is partly of indigenous extraction.
Yes and the other part is Swedish.

IMAGE REMOVED BY POSTER AS SOME FOUND IT OFFENSIVE

APOLOGIES FOR THAT

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 27-11-07 9:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman,
" you insensitive fat to**er !" wink

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 27-11-07 16:27; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Anyway, back on topic, I have seen Alain Baxter at Tignes Little Angel . . .

but CEM and Spyderman actually got to talk to him Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
I met Alain Baxter's Mum on a chair lift - I guess that doesn't count though eh?
ski holidays
FastMan, Actually, I did speak against it - winding people up seems to me to be an unentertaining sport - and also tried to deflect the argument with another mildly humorous (OK, perhaps only in my eyes) point. But
Quote:

Sticking to justifications of why one is right
- you're absolutely right there - in the face of reason and flogging a lost cause to death by yelling even more loudly, not to mention an inability to take a joke, are not modes of behaviour to win friends. You appear to be the sort of person who will always jump to the defence of the underdog, and I like and admire that, but in this instance I think your excellent motives are misplaced.
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
I met rob@rar on the slopes. Is he famous?

(desperately trying to get this thread back on track, and away from the derailment)

I've given rob@rar a sore backside. Toofy Grin
latest report
 monster77
monster77
Spyderman wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
I met rob@rar on the slopes. Is he famous?

(desperately trying to get this thread back on track, and away from the derailment)

I've given rob@rar a sore backside. Toofy Grin

Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
monster77, get your mind out of the gutter!

From what Kitty has told me, it certainly couldn't be because of "that" Wink
snow report
How did my fun thread end up here? Confused
latest report
Tim Sawyer, unfortunately it happens sometimes. Sad
snow conditions
..unfortunately.. Very Happy
snow report
Tim Sawyer, next time try to choose a less controversial subject, such as the war in Iraq or climate change. Laughing
snow conditions
Tim Sawyer, ...or helmets, or listening to music while you ski, or the difference between weight and pressure. In fact the list of uncontroversial topics is endless, how COULD you pick on something so inflammatory as famous people? Shame on you. wink wink
latest report
Rode with Steve Bailey, up at rossendale many many many many years ago,

does that count, he is kind of famous
snow report
cookie monster, who is Steve Bailey? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wear The Fox Hat, I was wondering the same thing - glad I'm not alone!

I was also wondering how you become The Ambassador, and how come you are stuck on 22149 posts, and what does cookie monster mean
Quote:

Rode with
?
On the snow - is there snow at Rossendale? I worked there for a few weeks about four years ago and I didn't see snow, and that was in the snowy season..

Too many questions Shock
ski holidays
Tim Sawyer, OK, several answers...
The post count automatically updates on all your posts, so this one (and all the others) will say 22151, until I make another post.
"Rode with" - I'm guessing the cookie monster is a boarder, they tend to talk about "riding".
I believe there is a dry slope at Rossendale, so it could have been there.

And finally, I got given the title "The Ambassador" by Admin because of my diplomacy, and the way I hand out Ferrero Rocher without ever eating any myself. (or maybe not).

But, to keep this thread on topic, for the last 24 years I've been skiing down the slopes with Alice.
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, I just KNOW I'm going to regret asking this, but who the hell is Alice?
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
...who the hell is Alice?

Laughing So close to the right answer! Laughing

(google "Roy Chubby Brown" and Alice)
snow report
 brian
brian
Hurtle, no, the correct question is, "who the **** is Alice ?"

Oh, and it was pressure versus force (not weight). rolling eyes wink
ski holidays
 brian
brian
ickabodblue, could've been worse, you could have met the real Chick Young. Shocked
latest report
brian, but weight is a force!

Weight = mass*gravity
Force = mass*acceleration

Pressure = force/surface area

Laughing snowHead Laughing
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, brian, darn it, that would have been a really, really good joke if only I'd ever heard of Roy Chubby Brown. Sorry to spoil it! And, to crown it all, I've forgotten my elementary physics, AGAIN.

Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Wear The Fox Hat, you're quite right, weight is indeed a force. wink
latest report
brian wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, you're quite right

Mind if I quote you on that? Laughing
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Mind if I quote you for that?

Discount for cash ?
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat, You sure it was a 'Roy Chubby Brown' adaptation? I always thought it became part of folklore via- sporting clubs and eventually got chanted at 'Smokie' concerts ???

Not for Hurtle or Under 18s --Bad Language
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy