Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tesco ClubCard Tokens and EuroTunnel - FlexiPlus Bookings Restriction

Poster: A snowHead
pam w wrote:

I've never had the slightest problem with this. However, a friend who just decided to turn up and pay on the day was charged an arm and a leg. Book well in advance, it's much cheaper, the times are flexible and the whole process seems hassle free.

Coming back from the Nurburgring in October i thought i could get an offpeak fare late at night rather than endure a 2hr crossing with Norfolkline and tried to get on a train on spec......ch-ching £160 one way Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gwaelod, that's very clever. Do they work? I have a Tesco visa card, which gives me points for everything I spend. only 0.5%, but given what you can put through a credit card, it soon mounts up.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, yes, they do work but you can only use each code once per Clubcard account. I've set up multiple Clubcard accounts for my address (even my cat has one) so I can use each code more than once. I then convert Tesco vouchers into BA Miles and they soon add up. I've had several free flights this way.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I've set up multiple Clubcard accounts for my address (even my cat has one)

well my cat could have one too - what a cunning lot these Snowheads are. I already sometimes think that being a clubcard points collector is just too sad. I hate myself really, going to Tesco because they've given me "buy a tin of Scusting Cat Food and get 100 points" voucher, when really I'd rather go to Waitrose. However, I cross the channel three or four times a year and haven't paid yet. I used to do the P & O Portsmouth - Le Havre but that stopped. It's good for car hire too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, I haven't paid yet either, apart from an extra trip in the summer, when we used Sea France instead (I have a link on my website and get commssion form it, and also have a 10% discount code) Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
I already sometimes think that being a clubcard points collector is just too sad. I hate myself really, going to Tesco because they've given me "buy a tin of Scusting Cat Food and get 100 points" voucher, when really I'd rather go to Waitrose.

I used to think that, but the combination of Tesco vouchers and my Amex card points have earned enough airmiles for five business class flights to the US in the last four years and I've just booked a first class flight to San Francisco for next summer's holiday. I can live with being a sad Tesco points collector if those are the rewards Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

the combination of Tesco vouchers and my Amex card points have earned enough airmiles for five business class flights to the US in the last four years and I've just booked a first class flight to San Francisco for next summer's holiday.

I'm obviously nowhere near sad enough; I shall have to redouble my efforts, enrol my cat, and get onto gwaelod's website...
can you combine vouchers from any number of different clubcard accounts?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:

Yes, but only if they are all registered at the same address.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah! Hence the need to enrol the cat. I shall see to it immediately. Thanks.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:

DO NOT COMBINE ACCOUNTS................WHY Puzzled

The reason is simple. Tesco's systems are not that clever and if you use some accounts only occassionaly they send you bonus vouchers to try and encourage you to use them. Combine the accounts and they see you as one big customer and are less likey to send you bonus offers.

As to whether the website codes i gave work yes they do. Last quater I had a code that if you bought £50 of wine you got 750 points = £28 in real terms. Spend £50 get £28 back. Great. Used it 3 times. Last quarter in total I got £70 in clubcard vouchers which seemingly meant I spent £7000 in Tescos. yeah right Laughing Laughing but this is worth £280. Result Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gwaelod, I have an account that I lost the clubcard for years ago. Ive never done anything about it, as I got the vouchers, and the acoount was empty. I've never had any offers though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont,

You need to use the account occassionally for the system to kick into life and send you some vouchers to entice you to do more. Myself and the wife have clubcard accounts that we have never combined and because we do most of our shopping on line and my card is registered to that she only uses her card occassinaly in the shop. Hence we recently had a voucher for her to entice her to shop on line. If she spent over £50 she got 750 points. We did one shop and got the points on her account. I also used her account to buy the wine and get the other points. Won't use her account on line now for a while and will expect some vouchers around March time Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gwaelod, yes, I didn't mean combine accounts, but use vouchers from two differently numbered accounts for the same reward. I did have two accounts at one point, by accident, and did combine them, which was dim of me. But will now put it right. What's the best Tesco's lurk on Snowheads; they do rule the world, after all.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gwaelod, I have done that, bought a laptop with it recently and got 1500 points. wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ok can i ask how this works......i have my tesco vouchers, i go into my clubcard account exchange my vouchers for eurotunnel tokens......what happens next? do the eurotunnel vouchers arrive in the post and then i give eurotunnel a ring and book my crossing? am i given a code online for the full amount? do i book the tunnl through tesco's?
help
hannah
snow report
hannah34, the eurotunnel vouchers will arrive in a couple of days by post, along with instructions for booking your tickets. Once booked, immediatley post the vochers off by registered post. They only hold the booking for 3 days for you.
latest report
hannah34, and be aware that when you book on the phone you are giving a code, which you need to check in. But it lacks a digit - you get the final digit once you have sent in your vouchers (ie paid). I spent a frustrating time on one occasion, trying to check in, a digit short, till I cottoned on to this. Normal phone bookings get the number right away, I imagine, as the whole price is paid by credit card on booking.
latest report
pam w, they have started telling you on the phone about the missing digit.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy